New Rondo to Kings rumor?

I hope this trade is false. Rondo is great, but I see him bolting the first chance he gets, especially if we aren't a playoff team. I'd much rather we target Bledsoe. Apparently the suns are now trying to move him and I think he would be great here. He's friends with cousins from their Kentucky days so I can definitely see him sticking around.

I hope this trade is false. Rondo is great, but I see him bolting the first chance he gets, especially if we aren't a playoff team. I'd much rather we target Bledsoe. Apparently the suns are now trying to move him and I think he would be great here. He's friends with cousins from their Kentucky days so I can definitely see him sticking around.
I wouldn't mind Bledsoe instead of Rondo, but he's also another guy that has injury concerns.

I agree with you, but I'm a huge PDA fan and I'm hoping some Rondo/JSmoove trades could make the playoffs and give him the GM of the year.
I do have a feeling that Rajon would never want to be a King, and the only thing could make him happy if Josh Smith joins him in Sac. I'm still a little upset when he didn't even show vs. the Kings last year and had a birthday bash in LA.

I agree with you, but I'm a huge PDA fan and I'm hoping some Rondo/JSmoove trades could make the playoffs and give him the GM of the year.
I do have a feeling that Rajon would never want to be a King, and the only thing could make him happy if Josh Smith joins him in Sac. I'm still a little upset when he didn't even show vs. the Kings last year and had a birthday bash in LA.
Rondo is friends with Rudy too.

I don't see any need to lock the thread. If we can have a "Kevin Love to Kings?" thread then we can certainly have one for Rondo. Then again, not a mod.

I don't like Rondo on the Kings for the same reason I don't like Bledsoe on the Kings; we just let go of our ball dominant pg for the the presumed purpose of creating more ball movement. Why go re-up on another ball dominant pg? Secondly, why go out and get another ball dominant pg at the premium price that Rondo and Bledsoe command? They're both phenomenal players and maybe that's reason enough to pursue them. I'd rather invest the money and trade pieces elsewhere.

I might be In the minority when I say that I like the Collison signing. I'd definitely like to see what the addition of Collison and a shotblocking-starting pf looks like on the court.
If most of us agree that the the issue at pg with us was that we needed someone that was non ball dominant. If we mostly agree that IT was an outstanding scorer, but it didn't make us a better team to have 3 20ppg scorers. If most of agree that IT is considered a better player than Collison simply based on his scoring prowess. And if we can agree that Collison has a more mature approach to the game, is a better defender and only lags behind IT in his ppg production, then why would anyone dislike the Collison trade? We pay less in salary and theoretically didn't lose any on court needs. This is a net positive.

You guys are missing the point. PG's are ALL ball dominant by nature. Even Mario Chalmers, if he were not playing with Lebron (who was PG/F) would be ball dominant. It's what they do with the ball that is important.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
You guys are missing the point. PG's are ALL ball dominant by nature. Even Mario Chalmers, if he were not playing with Lebron (who was PG/F) would be ball dominant. It's what they do with the ball that is important.
To the extent that the typical PG brings the ball up the floor and initiates the offense, your right. That part alone will cause him to log more minutes with the ball than most of his teammates. However, once up the floor, some PG's spend another 5 to 10 seconds dribbling the ball around before making a decision. When Mike Bibby was our PG, he simply brought up the ball and passed it in to either Webber, Vlade, or Christie, and then played off the ball. He didn't dominate the ball the way IT did. It all depends on the type of offense your running. I don't think anyone would have complained about IT if his over dribbling had resulted in an assist for someone, but it didn't. Nash is a classic example of a PG that dominates the ball, but also logs a lot of assists. In other words, his ball domination has a purpose. It's not just dribbling for the sake of dribbling. As for Collison, we'll see.