Boogie & Rudy's Excellent Adventure

well we are down by 5 at half 35-40
Turkey's Zone is working at slowing down our shooters and creating a low-score game
Team usa needs to start getting the down low game going
A lot of turnovers, traveling, really slowing up our offense

dude12

Hall of Famer
The guards keep trying to penetrate a packed lane. Need to start spotting up, feed Cuz and Davis down low to kick out. Also think that Gay at the high post would work. Klay Thompson can be big in the second half....so can Curry but Steph hasn't played well in a long time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The guards keep trying to penetrate a packed lane. Need to start spotting up, feed Cuz and Davis down low to kick out. Also think that Gay at the high post would work. Klay Thompson can be big in the second half....so can Curry but Steph hasn't played well in a long time.
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't care how good our shooters are, I hate seeing those quick pull-up shots from outside with tons of time left on the clock. Come on, USA.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm sure this has been said before but Davis is amazing. Wait until he fills out a little more and has experience. If he and Cuz stick with team USA as the years pass, we will have the middle covered with two of the best players in the world at a crucial position. Oh, and I like Faried also. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did anything special happen during the first half? I just tuned in during 3rd quarter. Looks like no blowout so far! Turkey really knows how to hit their 3s.
Turkey using the zone defense and taking our defense apart with their pick and roll. USA has slowly gotten it together. Officiating is not perfect.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DAMN IT! Steph Curry needs to be told to quit wasting possessions with those stupid quick shots. Luckily Faried again cleaned up his mess.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What the hell was that, Harden? There are 4 other guys on the court wearing the same uniform you are... I HATE SELFISH PLAY!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Is it just me, or are there a couple of players (*who shall remain unnamed) who seem to be acting as they're just all that and a bag of chips (while they miss easy layups, etc.)?

Is it just me, or are there a couple of players (*who shall remain unnamed) who seem to be acting as they're just all that and a bag of chips (while they miss easy layups, etc.)?
If that's the case, I hope the coaching staff ride their rears after this game. This is USA time! USA! USA!

O/T -
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Sacramento is finalizing a deal to send guard Jason Terry to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I'll start a thread on this but just wanted to share it here. :)
At least he'll be back in Texas. Are we getting anything in return? That Instagram or Twitter post of him practicing in our facilities must have boosted his value and showed teams that he's healed blah blah blah.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At least he'll be back in Texas. Are we getting anything in return? That Instagram or Twitter post of him practicing in our facilities must have boosted his value and showed teams that he's healed blah blah blah.
See the other thread. :)

Back to the game - Way to go, USA! I think this game is indicative of what we can expect. Even if teams are able to lead or stay even for a couple of quarters, they won't be able to outlast our depth. :)

Spain will beat us easily. For some reason we will trout out that dumbass lineup curry/irving/harden and Rubio and Calderon will set career highs in assists. Faired won't dominate and actually front line like he has and Davis will be eaten alive by marc gosal.

I was half-rooting for Turkey this time because they have a Bosnian (Emir Preldžić) and they surprisingly played well considering they were crap at the Eurobasket (they went 1-4 and knocked out after one round).