Boogie & Rudy's Excellent Adventure

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
and people on some other forums i frequent were saying Cousins was a lock to be Cut. Then when he made the team they insisted he would be the last guy on the bench until they needed him against Spain

:p
Probably a good reason people should ignore "other forums". ;)

If I haven't mentioned it yet, Big Cuz is my man crush. Thank god he feels the same, it's the perfect combination. We could not have been matched better with a franchise player. Boogie epitomises what Sactown is all about, and I'm not even from the same continent. [/CuzLove]

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Boogie and Rudy's most excellent adventure in my view will do a lot for the franchise. Most obviously, having two players on the national team is a big deal. Better yet, the announcers are treating Rudy and Boogie very well. As to Boogie, they have focused on his determination to make the team and how much he has changed. Even Coach K has helped by not only using him as the number one center coming off the bench but running a post up play for him. Posting up is not a big part of this team's offense as Boogie is the only legitimate post up threat on the team. I don't expect this to be a big part of what the team does as Boogie won't play a lot of minutes and the team doesn't think in "post up" mood but still, Coach K knows his skill and is trying to use it.

As to Rudy, simply saying that he has hung around the practices is important. What NBA player hangs around the national team hoping to be part of it? I think he had other reasons for being there, like to help the summer league team, but just the same, he was ready to go if needed. The announcers have made a point of saying how Rudy's game improved when he went to the Kings. When's the last time anyone said a player got better by being a King especially in the last several years.

Finally, the guys are playing well.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Finnish fans have had a lot more to cheer about today, although these guys are steady trying to blow a big lead. Pooh Jeter is showing out for Ukraine.

Team USA being forced to eat crow-turkey so far. If this keeps up they could shockingly lose this one. Finally realizing that going inside/out to Big Cuz works better than anything else they've misfired on against Turkey zone D. At least it's not knockout round as the Yanks trail at half-time to the Turks, 40-35.