Artest to Denver For Linas Kleiza and Eduardo Najera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on foxsports.com's rumor page, it was from the bee so alot of you guys have already seen this.. but i dont get the bee over here in MA obviously.

Kleiza is getting 2.28 million through next season and eduardo is an expiring.

considering artest will walk this off season, i'd take this deal. kleiza isnt making that much and shouldnt affect anything we would have done with his money, he's a young player and i think in the end his game could resemble how turkoglu plays. I like the nene deal also, but this one make more sense in my opinion.. nene just makes to much money.

also, i'll be the first on to say ron played really well last night against NOH.. but im just sick of him, i cant stand his flexing pose he did torwards the end of that game, its just stupid and i cant wait to see him go.

If this happens it would be a sign that Artest's trade value is zero and this is the best deal available. I'm sure people would be calling for Petrie's head, and I wouldn't be too happy about this, but as a last resort way of salvaging a tiny bit of value from Artest, I guess it's not the worse thing in the world.

Throw in a first rounder or two(Come to think of it, does Denver even have a first rounder?), and I would be less inclined to call for Petrie's head.

this year, denver only has a 2nd round pick.. i dont know about next year.

how can anyone be against this deal when artest will deffinetly walk and we wont get anything for him? its a tough spot for petrie.

this year, denver only has a 2nd round pick.. i dont know about next year.

how can anyone be against this deal when artest will deffinetly walk and we wont get anything for him? its a tough spot for petrie.
You can be against it, because Kleiza would be another soft undersized big. We need a post player.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If that's all we can get, I'd rather keep Ron. If all he does wrong is flex his muscles in a game, that's the least of our worries. He seems to have setled down and contributed a lot in the first half of the game last night. He was dominant.

Getting two players of inferior quality that add to our 2/3 logjam makes little sense to me. If Ron walks, he walks and our logjam is solved and our salary goes down.

There might be a third team out there interested in Kleiza. He's had a pretty decent season with a few great games when he's gotten decent minutes. Some other team might want him

Gary

All-Star
Meh.. I would rather let Artest walk. It's not like any of the above mentioned players will help the Kings.

Plus, as Kings fans don't we all hate Najera?

What's the big deal with letting Artest walk for nothing. Especially when utter crap is being offered for him. We could roam the FA market and pick up better players mid-season than these two guys.

Meh.. I would rather let Artest walk. It's not like any of the above mentioned players will help the Kings.

Plus, as Kings fans don't we all hate Najera?

What's the big deal with letting Artest walk for nothing. Especially when utter crap is being offered for him. We could roam the FA market and pick up better players mid-season than these two guys.
i dont think its a huge deal to let ron walk for nothing, but if we can get kleiza at only 2.2 million for free i say go for it.. hes averaging 12.0 ppg and 4.5 rpg in 25 mins, also has a +12 eff rating.. hes only 23.

I'm not a Nene fan AT ALL...but he at least provides a gamble where there is a high reward-high risk element about him. Kleiza/Najera just seems BLAH...why not just deal Ron Eastward then, where he'd be more likely to sign to the team he's dealt to and get an underwhelming package back. Why face Ron FOUR times a year for basically nothing.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
With what $$$?

OK I was exaggerating about that part, but I wasn't far off. Kleiza is just another player that would get lost in the mix here. In essence we are trading Artest for Kleiza, and they both play the same position. I'm just not sure if this is a good thing. There is no shame in letting Artest walk if the right deal doesn't come the Kings way. None at all.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Im not intrigued with any of Denver's assets.

Najera's coveted expiring is not significant enough to matter, Linas is yet another softy SF/PF type of player that we already have covering out bench, and Nene has never enamored me.

My 'ideal' trade with Denver would be...

Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Cisco

for...

Nene
Linas Kleiza
Eduardo Najera

Lineups turn into.

PG: Bibby/Beno/Douby
SG: Martin/Douby
SF: Salmons/Kleiza
PF: Nene/Najera/Williams
C: Miller/Hawes/Williams

PG: AI/Carter
SG: Melo?/Smith
SF: Artest?/Cisco
PF: Martin/Artest?/KT
C: Camby/

Im not in love with what we get back, but we get rid of K9 and get value in return...However, I don't think (and pretty much can say 100%) Denver thinks thats to much to give for the terrible contract a rent-a-player of Ron Artest, and a wash in Kleiza/Cisco.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If it's the best we can do I have no problem with it, just get him out of a kings jersey.
I agree with what Gary said...There's no shame in letting him walk if you can't get what the Kings need.

The last thing we want/need is trading him for more swingmen when we already have a boatload on the bench.

I agree with what Gary said...There's no shame in letting him walk if you can't get what the Kings need.

The last thing we want/need is trading him for more swingmen when we already have a boatload on the bench.
I'm not trying to say there is something wrong in letting him walk for nothing, I want him gone as soon as possible and getting a couple players that don't have poison contracts doesn't hurt.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
With the recent success the kings have had I think they can get more in return for artest. If the kings keep winning over the next two weeks artest's demand will increase. We can do better than than kleiza and najera. I would rather have kleiza and nene and send garcia with artest, Kleiza is much more consistent than garcia and hits big shots.

and Garcia doesn't hit big shots?

I'm sorry, but as a Garcia fan I think he is a better player. Ship Douby instead.
No, Garcia doesn't really hit big shots. Garcia is not a better player (at least not as reliable a player) and you basically said the reason you think that is 'cause you're his fan. Personally, I'd rather Kleiza, Garcia just hasn't shown enough and it's not as if he's 20 with lots of time to improve.

No, Garcia doesn't really hit big shots. Garcia is not a better player (at least not as reliable a player) and you basically said the reason you think that is 'cause you're his fan. Personally, I'd rather Kleiza, Garcia just hasn't shown enough and it's not as if he's 20 with lots of time to improve.

Garcia's hit THREE game winners THIS year and another 2 or 3 nail in the coffin type shots as well. GARCIA IS CLUTCH CITY.

:eek:

Not only does Garcia hits clutch shots, he also make clutch steals, make clutch blocks, and draw clutch charges.

He is a Doug Christie who doesn't fold under pressure. :cool:

I'm for us getting Kleiza as long as our key pieces (like Garcia) isn't wrapped in a gift basket an sent the other way.

I'd still only trade with Denver if they offer Nene instead of Kleiza. Nene is still young enough to have some very productive years in the paint. Kleiza is good, but Nene is still only 25 yrs old and still has alot of good years left, he's a beast.

i will destroy the universe if the kings bring that loser over here. i will lose all faith in humanity, and there will be no reason for anyone to live anymore

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'd just as soon let Ron walk at the end of the year. I mean its let ron walk or najera walk. I'll take the better player in that deal. Consolation prize is Kleiza No Thanks.

najera and kleiza and their 1st is the only way!!! if no NENE
Denver might want an assurance that Ron will stay if they gave up a pick, or they would want to salary dump on the Kings if they gave that pick up.. Can we sign Ron, than trade him mid-season? I like your train of thought on this one though. It's NENE or bust :)

I made an account on here just to inform you guys. Linas Kleiza is an absolute STUD. I would be more than satisfied for him and an expiring. He can put up MONSTER numbers, the problem currently being that he plays behind a whole bunch of the games best. And i don't think his position lends inself to any problems. He could start right away at the Sf and be better than anyone on the bench. However, he is 6'8 240 and played a lot of PF in college and in denver when kenyon martin went down. He's also got the strength and the tenacity to play downlow. He has a post game, can throw down with the best of them, can shoot mid range and long jumpers ( as proven by droping 41 on utah less than a month ago) AND can take you off the dribble. The best part being he is 23 YEARS OLD and has a incredibly bright future, plus he's cheap. I emplore everyone to look into the trade a little bit more, as i did, and i think you'll start to realize that Kleiza would be an awesome aquisition, especially toward building a future contender.

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.