TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Thought about cross-posting this in my #WWST thread, but then I realized that it wouldn't work as a tweet, because the amount of "prestige" television and hit shows that I've missed the boat on would exceed the character limit by a lot. Like, I have many shortcomings, but FOMO is not one of them.
Mine are Mad Men, Firefly, and The West Wing as shows I’ve missed out on, but by all accounts, would probably really like despite still having not gotten around to them. Maybe also Mr. Robot and Orphan Black, but debatable how much of a zeitgeist wave either of those had.

Stranger Things, Watchmen, Lost, The Americans, House of Cards, The Newsroom and to a lesser degree The Good Place and Community all fit that description until I finally got around to giving them a ride years after their cultural phenomenon popularity waves crested. Never been much of a “must see TV” guy.

As an aside: I miss your TV show rankings.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... As an aside: I miss your TV show rankings.
The last TV rankings were in 2021. The reason I haven't done any since then is that, since 2021, there haven't been 10 non-streaming-exclusive shows that have been on TV that I've actually watched (and I haven't watched most of those), even if I include all five wrasslin' shows I watch.

I think that the only non-streaming-exclusive show that I've started since 2021 has been Superman and Lois. Episodic, at least. If I can come up with ten shows, without including Disney+, I may post another one.

Watched so,e good stuff lately…..
The Night Agent on Netflix was s9lid, not great but worth a watch
Starting Silo on Apple TV. New sci-fi based on a book. First episode was good and this looks promising. If you need that sci-fi fix, this maybe the ticket

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Started watching FUBAR (Netflix) with Arnie - good mix of action and humor (trying to hit that True Lies combination that worked so well) but it just doesn't land *quite* as effectively, at least not yet. The story also kind of mirrors that movie in many ways, but I'm only a few episodes in and we'll see where it eventually leads. Overall the acting is well done, and I like his daughter's character (even if, at least initially, both characters are being a tad over the top and hypocritical). I think that will likely smooth out a bit as the show rolls along, as they had to establish certain things but seemed to want to hit you over the head with it just a bit.

Tried catching up on some Apple TV series
The Last Thing He Said to Me…Jennifer Garner, thought it was solid, kept my attention throughout the series.

Defending Jacob. An older series that I finally got to and I semi-binged this one. Always a good sign when watching a series. Chris Evans with the lead in a murder mystery. Did his son murder the classmate or was it a couple of other possibilities? I didn’t really figure it out until second to last or last episode. I liked it better than the above series

Ted Lasso comes to an end. Great job of ending the series. Excellent

If you haven’t seen Shrinking on Apple TV, then give this a watch. Jason Segal and Harrison Ford and the cast are funny as heck. Well worth your time.

Warhawk

Staff member
Started watching FUBAR (Netflix) with Arnie - good mix of action and humor (trying to hit that True Lies combination that worked so well) but it just doesn't land *quite* as effectively, at least not yet. The story also kind of mirrors that movie in many ways, but I'm only a few episodes in and we'll see where it eventually leads. Overall the acting is well done, and I like his daughter's character (even if, at least initially, both characters are being a tad over the top and hypocritical). I think that will likely smooth out a bit as the show rolls along, as they had to establish certain things but seemed to want to hit you over the head with it just a bit.
Finished this a couple days ago. It gets better as the show progresses and I enjoyed it quite a bit. A bit "Hollywood" at times, but it has that Arnie "True Lies"-type action/humor blend in it that is fun to watch. Recommended.

Warhawk

Staff member
A friend recommended watching Arnold on Netflix - it's a 3 episode mini series. The first episode was very good. Watch it if you have any interest in Arnie's background and life.

Warhawk

Staff member
A friend recommended watching Arnold on Netflix - it's a 3 episode mini series. The first episode was very good. Watch it if you have any interest in Arnie's background and life.
Watched the other two episodes tonight and I thought it was a very well done series. Highly recommended for anyone interested. Covers his bodybuilding, acting, and political careers. Doesn't shy away from the biggest negative stories, either.

For those who have not watched The Bear on Hulu, I highly encourage watching this show. Second season dropped and it’s as good as the first season. Without giving away any specifics, episode 6 of season 2 is one of the best tv I have ever seen with tremendous acting with guest actors.

But this has become one of my top all time shows I’ve ever watched. So good.

For those who have not watched The Bear on Hulu, I highly encourage watching this show. Second season dropped and it’s as good as the first season. Without giving away any specifics, episode 6 of season 2 is one of the best tv I have ever seen with tremendous acting with guest actors.

Binged all of s2 the last two nights. Still stellar. Top 5 active TV show for me. Of all the good things you could say about The Bear, I’ll shout out a random one: phenomenal needle drops.

that episode was so hectic lol

Came here to post about The Bear, glad to see it has already been getting some love!

I’m not sure if you can get an Emmy for appearing in a single episode but if so Jamie Lee Curtis deserves one.
She did appear in the season finale as well and that also was powerful even though she appeared briefly.

Episodes 2.6 (Fishes) or the Christmas dinner flashback followed by 2.7 (Forks) with Richie/Cousin going to the high end restaurant and watching how this eventually changes Richie’s character are masterful episodes.

Just some good writing with flawed characters who I find myself rooting for. And they have done a great job of fleshing out all of the characters.

Warhawk

Staff member
Finally watched the end of Blacklist - overall a good show for 10 seasons, even with the loss of Liz a while back. James Spader is fantastic throughout. A bit too ambiguous at times, and they should have cleared up one of the biggest mysteries but didn't.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I watched Jury Duty (on Prime but leaving in a week) - it's kind of like the old Joe Schmoe show, a reality tv docuseries about a jury trial in LA except only one person is a non actor. It was really funny and quite charming after the reveal.

A fine palate cleanse from the 90 Days Cluster B poop-show my partner subjects me to every night.