TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Watched the first episode of The Last of Us on HBO Max. I’m not familiar with the original source if it was a book or video game but this was good. I’m all in on this one.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Watched the first episode of The Last of Us on HBO Max. I’m not familiar with the original source if it was a book or video game but this was good. I’m all in on this one.
One of my favorite games of all time! PS3 original, with remakes on the PS4 and 5. Also has a sequel which could make for Season 2 if this is a success for them!

I Re-upped my HBOMax for this, and wasn’t disappointed.

Cannot wait for the rest of it!

One of my favorite games of all time! PS3 original, with remakes on the PS4 and 5. Also has a sequel which could make for Season 2 if this is a success for them!

I Re-upped my HBOMax for this, and wasn’t disappointed.

Cannot wait for the rest of it!
So this is based on a video game then? Was excited for this to come out but was wondering how this was going to be different from Walking Dead and other zombie type shows. Love the reasoning and root cause of the apocalypse. The opening to the series, the talk show was a great way to clue me in.

So this is based on a video game then? Was excited for this to come out but was wondering how this was going to be different from Walking Dead and other zombie type shows. Love the reasoning and root cause of the apocalypse. The opening to the series, the talk show was a great way to clue me in.
Yes, and following the source material pretty closely so far. If they continue, will be in for a treat.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The show has the zombies but it’s all about the growing relationship between Joel and Ellie.

Episode 2 of Last of Us was great

Also, started watching The Wire on HBO Max….and now I’m bingeing it. Finished season 1 in a weekend. So many good actors in this.

Just finished watching Peacemaker, and loved all of it. Loved Vigilante!

and episode 3 of The Last of Us… wow, just watch this one.
The director mentioned this episode went a little farther away from the original story but as far as I’m concerned having no knowledge of the story, it was fantastic and a great way to show the deconstruction of civilization over that 20 year time period. Some pretty good writing going on.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The director mentioned this episode went a little farther away from the original story but as far as I’m concerned having no knowledge of the story, it was fantastic and a great way to show the deconstruction of civilization over that 20 year time period. Some pretty good writing going on.
game discussion / comparison

Ya, in the game Frank is dead and the relationship/sexuality of Bill is simply implied … from a note you find and some of Bill’s comments you learn they have a very hate / love relationship. Nothing like what we got in the show which was downright beautiful.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Poker Face on Peacock is so much fun. Columbo meets Knives Out with a zillion familiar faces. its really funny that it’s the murder of the week type story with an overarching drama that is all but dead in this era of tv but I don’t want to wait another week for another episode.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Shrinking on AppleTV+ is an absolute tonal oddball of a show But what works works really well and the cast is so good (featuring Harrison Ford getting to flex his comedy muscles after a 20 year span of doing nothing but playing cantankerous old bad asses).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A hell of a season finale for The Last of Us. Going into it, I really didn’t know what to expect. I guess I shouldn’t be shocked at it. Looking ford to season 2
I was a little disappointed. It really felt like the finale was rushed… it’s like, they hit the key points as briefly as possible before the final Joel shootout.

I guess everything that was cut was video game action sequences that would have made the final one less impactful when it finally happened. But felt there should have been a bit more than a roughly half hour episode before the final making-of doc post credits

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I know a bit behind the times haha, but finally started watching 'The Man in the High Castle' this morning. Only 3 episodes in, but fantastic so far.

Anyone else a fan?
That was an awesome show. I thought the first season was fascinating yet a bit slow to get to the point at times, but the story is great and it gets better as it goes along.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I know a bit behind the times haha, but finally started watching 'The Man in the High Castle' this morning. Only 3 episodes in, but fantastic so far.

Anyone else a fan?
I meant to watch this but the way Amazon catalogued their tv shows was annoying. I'll probably give it another chance.

I just got done watching their original Daisy Jones & the Six. Overall I enjoyed it despite the usual rock n roll tropes.
Ending was not what I was expecting however.

Finished Arcane: League of Legends on Netflix. I’ve never played a minute of League of Legends and had zero interest in this series, but it’s received so much fawning praise from both audiences and professional critics, I decided to take a look.

Gotta say, not a fan.

I dug the experimental 2D/3D animation style. And the central relationship between Vi and Powder/Jinx is mostly well developed and executed.

But beyond those elements, there are so many other plot points and characters in its Game of Thrones approach that I could just not be brought to give a damn about. I audibly groaned “Oh my God, I don’t care” after the 17th debate on the benefits and risks of HexTech experimentations.

Plus I’m just a little burnt out of the binary High-rise Elites vs Scrappy Street Slums trope - although I should say Arcane does an admirable job pushing the concept to its narrative limits. Just starts bursting at the seams in doing so.

Video Game adaptations are enjoying a bit of a golden age right now, but I wonder if because they’ve been so awful up to this point, they’re being graded on a curve.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Thought about cross-posting this in my #WWST thread, but then I realized that it wouldn't work as a tweet, because the amount of "prestige" television and hit shows that I've missed the boat on would exceed the character limit by a lot. Like, I have many shortcomings, but FOMO is not one of them.