[NBA] West Playoffs, Round One

How many first round upsets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want to say about them (i.e. getting favorable calls from the refs, being the league's so-called "darlings"), but if the Lakers don't come back and win this game (which I hope they do not), they're done (which I hope they actually are). Nuggets are way too good of a team (which I hope they are) to allow even a team like the Lakers to climb back out of a 0-3 hole (which I hope they won't).

Say what you want to say about them (i.e. getting favorable calls from the refs, being the league's so-called "darlings"), but if the Lakers don't come back and win this game (which I hope they do not), they're done (which I hope they actually are). Nuggets are way too good of a team (which I hope they are) to allow even a team like the Lakers to climb back out of a 0-3 hole (which I hope they won't).
Agreed, I just hope they aren’t so done that Lebron opts out and joins some other contender in the West. If they get swept again, I just can’t imagine him wanting to go back. Don’t think there is a star out there that can help them and they have to start planning for post Lebron. Don’t believe they can just give away all their future picks. Please say no to Golden State haha

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Agreed, I just hope they aren’t so done that Lebron opts out and joins some other contender in the West. If they get swept again, I just can’t imagine him wanting to go back. Don’t think there is a star out there that can help them and they have to start planning for post Lebron. Don’t believe they can just give away all their future picks. Please say no to Golden State haha
perhaps, stay in LA and just play for the other team. Trade one of PG or Harden

Cut and Paste entertainment:

'Almost died today. A robber came into my house with a loaded gun and aimed at me. Luckily, D'Angelo Russell playoff highlights were playing on the TV. He suddenly started watching and fell asleep. Thank God"

"The Nuggets are such gentlemen, they always give the Lakers a head start before they slaughter them""

"Getting swept for the second year in a row, that right there made me the greatest player of all time - Lbj

"At half time when Barkley said "I still think l.a. gonna win this game" I knew immediately that l.a. was dead"

"Give credits MPJ & Gordon for being the 2nd best duo for the Nuggets."

"LAL stands for loss after loss "

'Jokic: Guys, LeBron always talks so nice about me... Nuggtes: We can give them a head start. Jokić: Thank you guys."

"Love it when the Nuggets would score and LeBronda would blame his teammates while he just stands there."

"The LA Lakers turn into LA Fitness when the run into the Nuggets"

"This should be titled: "Watch the soul of the Lakers slowly leave the building.""

"D-Lo and myself scored the same amount of points tonight and I was on my couch eating ice cream.. Get ready to learn Chinese buddy."

Also, just how demoralizing will it be for the Lakers to go down 0-3 after having fairly sizeable leads in all three games?

I dont hate 'this' Laker team, but this Nuggets team isn't even as good as last years and they're still gettin' whooped. Lakers lost the series in game 2.

Looking forward to Anthony Edwards vs the Nuggets.

Anyone else feeling aggravated seeing the lackluster play of these playoff teams like the Suns and Pelicans? At least the Kings would have put up a better fight, right?*

*as long as it is not a 20-point lead.

uhhhhh, no idea. Suns definitely are a failed experiment. Think James will call it quits. - or maybe not with that huge paycheck

Lebron is literally the most experienced player in NBA postseason history.
And the Nuggets are showing everyone that individual experience doesn't mean anything. It's the overall team's experience that counts. One guy, obviously, can't win the whole thing.

The Denver Nuggets to everyone else: There's no "I" in "Team"

Phoenix is done.
Lakers are done.
If the Pelicans lose tomorrow, they are done.

Could we potentially be looking at THREE first round sweeps just in the Western Conference?

More cut and paste for Suns Wolves:

"The thing about the old days is they the old days. Bron, Steph, kd"

"All the sudden that Rudy trade doesn't seem too bad."

"Suns in 7.... years"

"It’s never good when a star player is actively having fun against your team"

"BREAKING: KD just requested a trade to the wolves"

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Finch putting KAT on Durant has been working well and if he doesn't end up on him, then Wolves can throw length like Mcdaniels, Alexander, Edwards and Naz on him. This team is crazy big and a joy to watch. Looking forward to watching them versus the Nuggets.

Finch putting KAT on Durant has been working well and if he doesn't end up on him, then Wolves can throw length like Mcdaniels, Alexander, Edwards and Naz on him. This team is crazy big and a joy to watch. Looking forward to watching them versus the Nuggets.
I think the Nuggets are in for it - Twolves are gonna be motivated, and the losses last year were close and without Naz. I do like the Thunder though overall.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I feel like a dufus now for picking Phoenix to win their series...

Perhaps when Phoenix lost a 6 game NBA Finals series in 2021 with three starters under the age of 25 and a HoF veteran point guard running the offense and then came back the next season and finished with the best regular season record in the league maybe they shouldn't have over-reacted to a playoff loss by trading all but one of their starters, firing their coach, and dumping 4 unprotected first-round picks into the Kevin Durant career turnstile? To add insult to (eventual) injury, KD is about to turn 36 and he just finished 6th overall in minutes played this season. Oh and he's also scheduled to compete in the Olympics this summer.

Maybe Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton have both flat-lined (so far) since leaving Phoenix but this still looks like a massive missed opportunity at a dynasty team to me.

I feel like a dufus now for picking Phoenix to win their series...

Perhaps when Phoenix lost a 6 game NBA Finals series in 2021 with three starters under the age of 25 and a HoF veteran point guard running the offense and then came back the next season and finished with the best regular season record in the league maybe they shouldn't have over-reacted to a playoff loss by trading all but one of their starters, firing their coach, and dumping 4 unprotected first-round picks into the Kevin Durant career turnstile? To add insult to (eventual) injury, KD is about to turn 36 and he just finished 6th overall in minutes played this season. Oh and he's also scheduled to compete in the Olympics this summer.

Maybe Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton have both flat-lined (so far) since leaving Phoenix but this still looks like a massive missed opportunity at a dynasty team to me.
The Suns look like a failed experiment with Beal coming in and not looking too good. Wish the Kings got Ayton actually. Woulda been a decent fit, though wonder what thy would've given up - they could still go after him. I like going for Markennon more though,
Dort looks like a better version of Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.