[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingMilz

And Thunder just dropped to 1-5 vs East. Kings will have to redeem themselves with 3 wins over Thunder with healthy Durant/Westbrook for that loss! :D
I don't think we can ever get redemption from that loss unless we win the title

Pelicans have gone from up 12, to down 16, to now down 11. With 4:08 left in the first half.

Welcome to Denver. People discount that win, but winning in Denver on the second night of a back to back is not easy.
Denver is getting better and they have a lot of winnable games they could be near 500. in no time. McGee went off he did his best AD impersonation

Heat started 9-8 in the first season of Big 3, if my memory serves me right. Off course it's incorrect to compare this Cavs to those Heat as Cleveland have differently constructed roster. But I'm sure they'll get much better soon (if they trade Waiters:rolleyes:).

Heat started 9-8 in the first season of Big 3, if my memory serves me right. Off course it's incorrect to compare this Cavs to those Heat as Cleveland have differently constructed roster. But I'm sure they'll get much better soon (if they trade Waiters:rolleyes:).
I don't know if they will get much better. Miami with the big 3 was a different beast. Lebron and Wade both were good to great defensive players when dialed in, and Bosh wasn't horrible (he at least tried). They also had Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers, both of whom played defense. With the Cavs you have Verajao in the middle (doesn't intimidate anyone except hairdressers) and Love, who has never played defense since stepping foot onto an NBA court (he wouldn't be very good at it even if he tried). Irving is also guilty of not playing good defense during his career. Yes he gets steals, but he would be out of position and generally not very interested in playing defense. When have you ever seen Irving in a low defensive stance, hands up, with a look on his face saying "I dare you to try and score on me." Never. Their problem isn't scoring, it's defense. While I am sure it will improve some, they don't have the personnel to be great on that end. It's why I think come playoff time, Chicago would win the series, especially if D-Rose is playing.

I don't know if they will get much better. Miami with the big 3 was a different beast. Lebron and Wade both were good to great defensive players when dialed in, and Bosh wasn't horrible (he at least tried). They also had Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers, both of whom played defense. With the Cavs you have Verajao in the middle (doesn't intimidate anyone except hairdressers) and Love, who has never played defense since stepping foot onto an NBA court (he wouldn't be very good at it even if he tried). Irving is also guilty of not playing good defense during his career. Yes he gets steals, but he would be out of position and generally not very interested in playing defense. When have you ever seen Irving in a low defensive stance, hands up, with a look on his face saying "I dare you to try and score on me." Never. Their problem isn't scoring, it's defense. While I am sure it will improve some, they don't have the personnel to be great on that end. It's why I think come playoff time, Chicago would win the series, especially if D-Rose is playing.
Completely agree. That's why I said that I expect Waiters to be traded (for 3&D players). Blatt is forced to use Marion as starting SG. It's unacceptable in 2014.

I disagree on Varajao. I think he is a pretty good paint clog. Otherwise, you are correct. It is why Blatt is trying to plug in 80 year old Shawn Marion at shooting guard right now to help with wing defense. I was always skeptical of the Love for Wiggins trade as that seemed to make the mistake of loading the court with guys who need the ball and guys who don't play defense. Love would have been great in defense-first Chicago (better than Pau even, I think.) In Cleveland, he's just another guy letting his guy score on him.

Just looking at our record and schedule.

The Kings have played more games in their own conference than anyone else.

@NO
@Houston
@SA
Memphis
Toronto

Then finally some easier teams.

If we can win 3 of the next 5 and end around 11-8 we are looking real well in the standings. Many of the higher seeds right now have had an easy schedule by comparison.

their problem is, indeed, on the defensive end. while kyrie irving and dion waiters are worthy culprits to pinpoint, lebron has also been uncharacteristically lazy on that side of the court. most importantly, though, is the fact that their bigs simply can't defend the interior. this season, anderson varejao is giving up a mediocre 50% shooting at the rim, and kevin love is giving up a ridiculous 61% shooting at the rim...

the problem with love is the same problem that kings fans long feared would plague demarcus cousins: that, for all of their offensive skill, you couldn't build a winner around them because they were below average interior defenders. the difference is that cousins made strides on defense last season, and he's completely transformed his game on the defensive end to begin this season. based on the stats so far for '14-'15, cousins is an outright defensive anchor, whereas love only appears to be getting worse on that end. cousins has the tools, the size, the desire. love can match cousins for footwork, but he doesn't have the size or the desire to become even a league-average defender...

in cleveland, love has essentially become the most expensive stretch-4 in league history. he's getting very few post-up opportunities, and three-pointers are constituting about 40% of his attempts from the field--by far the largest percentage of his career. he's also shooting 40% from the field in total--by far the lowest percentage of his career (not counting the '12-'13 season in which he only played 18 games). love went to cleveland assuming he was going to be the robin to lebron's batman, but irving is clearly playing the #2 role, and that appears to be problematic for love. he's not getting quality shots within the flow of the offense, and he's clearly feeling displaced because of it. as a result of his fluctuating role, he's also clearly dogging it on the defensive end, and he's never been a good defender to begin with!

the cavs are a mess, at the moment, and if they don't sort it out, i fully expect love to pull a dwight howard and jump ship from the super team in order to find a more comfortable role elsewhere...

The Cavaliers Meltdown makes the Dwight/Kobe Lakers Disaster look like a championship team in comparison. Jeepers.

5-6. In the east.
Just as I hope the Pho backcourt blows up in their faces and the Suns lose Dragic, I hope Cle's big 3 blows up in their faces and Love bolts this summer, which I think is a distinct possibility.

I don't see Love ever being a winner in this league and it'd be great to see LA waste a max contract on his soft, non-defensive ass, which helps us as a Love led LAL won't be able to compete with a Boogie led Sactown. Love to me is similar to a PF version of Melo, although Melo is a better pure scorer. But neither play defense, neither makes their teammates better and neither can carry their teams to win other than when they occasionally go off.

I personally have a somewhat evil bias against all the soft players and soft teams around the league and hope they implode, necessitating and end to the era of what I call "the modern day weenie". Give me physical, smash-mouth basketball again and allow it to be celebrated. Send the weenies home early so they can watch the playoffs in May while sipping martinis on a beach in the Caribbean in their speedos.

Just as I hope the Pho backcourt blows up in their faces and the Suns lose Dragic, I hope Cle's big 3 blows up in their faces and Love bolts this summer, which I think is a distinct possibility.

I don't see Love ever being a winner in this league and it'd be great to see LA waste a max contract on his soft, non-defensive ass, which helps us as a Love led LAL won't be able to compete with a Boogie led Sactown. Love to me is similar to a PF version of Melo, although Melo is a better pure scorer. But neither play defense, neither makes their teammates better and neither can carry their teams to win other than when they occasionally go off.

I personally have a somewhat evil bias against all the soft players and soft teams around the league and hope they implode, necessitating and end to the era of what I call "the modern day weenie". Give me physical, smash-mouth basketball again and allow it to be celebrated. Send the weenies home early so they can watch the playoffs in May while sipping martinis on a beach in the Caribbean in their speedos.
Hear-hear. Although with all the modern focus on concussions, I don't know that we will ever see a return to the glory days of the Malone elbow.

Caption - Foul on number 50, Spurs.

Was with you until the speedo comment.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Finally getting a little help from the East -- for a while there it didn't look like any West power was ever going to drop ANY games against anybody but another West power. Makes it hard to make up ground. Phoenix went down and Dallas went down. Nothing grand, but every bit helps.

"Larry Sanders spoke about the importance of sacred idols as the source of his inspiration.

When asked during an interview about what inspires him outside of basketball, Sanders showed his theological side. "I would just say, I really look to sacred idols," Sanders said. "I feel people who draw other people to God. So, Buddha, Jesus, just all the sacred icons. It's all theosis." While the 26-year-old has had a rough start to the 2014-15 regular season, he's still worth holding onto in standard leagues due to his potential to put up huge block numbers."

Source:CBS Sports

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm glad to see the "Who would win between Kentucky and Philadelphia" talk has died down, but I think that it might be time for a new conversation:

Who finishes with more wins, the 76ers or the Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.