[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

• Thread starter SacKings2002NBAChampions
  • Start date

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Expect Larry Drew to counter by replacing his five starters with D-League call-ups, and sitting his regular guys with various ailments:

Brandon Knight: DNP - Ice Cream Headache
OJ Mayo: DNP - Academically Inelligble
Ersan Ilyasova: DNP - Bitter Beer Face
Jeff Adrien: DNP - Bad Hair Day
Zaza Pachulia: DNP - Athlete's Foot

Seriously, though, I think that it has more to do with Frank Vogel trying to make a statement to his team. If Indiana had the Heat tonight, you bet your ass the starters would play.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Someone on the wrestling board I frequent mentioned that this will be the first season in NBA history where the Knicks, lakers and Celtics all missed the playoffs. From my point of view, the only way it could be better is if we were in, and Miami was out. Then, it would be a perfect post-season.

I predicted Archie Goowin may be a better player than Mclemore before the draft. he is a 1-1/2 yrs younger than Ben, doesn't have the smooth shot yet, but does have great handles, can absolutely fly up and down the court, rebounds,steals. He was a helluva lot cheaper as the 28th pick. I was called a homer on some boards when I said Terrence Jones was better than TRob. Jones put up 30 last night.
If you notice, two out of three Goodwin's game came against...yes, your Sacramento Kings, where even worst guards come alive. Goodwin's problem is not his ability to score, it's decision-making when the other team cuts off scoring. Then he suddenly a great source of TOs and forced shots.

new coaching vacancies abound! so far we've got Minny (farewell Rick!), NYK (shocker), and Utah. John Loyer never really shook that interim label, IIRC, so Detroit's wide open, too. those are some terrible teams to take over, though. Minny is basically a powder keg with Love being inches away from demanding a trade. NYK just seems a terribly run organisation with insane expectations, the New York media scrutinises every step of yours, and Melo seems close to bolting as well. Detroit is saddled with the mistakes from their latest spending spree, but at least you'd have Drummond, which is nice. Utah might actually be the best situation, lots of young talent with more coming in via their own pick plus GSW's, not too much expectations from the get-go, and a loyal fanbase. could be worse.

btw: how long did the Jazz have Hornacek working on their coaching staff? hell of a missed opportunity right there.

Last edited:
new coaching vacancies abound! so far we've got Minny (farewell Rick!), NYK (shocker), and Utah. John Loyer never really shook that interim label, IIRC, so Detroit's wide open, too. those are some terrible teams to take over, though. Minny is basically a powder keg with Love being inches away from demanding a trade. NYK just seems a terribly run organisation with insane expectations, the New York media scrutinises every step of yours, and Melo seems close to bolting as well. Detroit is saddled with the mistakes from their latest spending spree, but at least you'd have Drummond, which is nice. Utah might actually be the best situation, lots of young talent with more coming in via their own pick plus GSW's, not too much expectations from the get-go, and a loyal fanbase. could be worse.

btw: how long did the Jazz have Hornacek working on their coaching staff? hell of a missed opportunity right there.
We coulda had Scott Brooks too..

We coulda had Scott Brooks too..
true, but not quite as bad. Brooks was only here for that one year with Muss and was suspected, IIRC, of climbing all over Muss' bones to get the head coaching gig. Hornacek was on the Jazz staff for three years and got hired away one year before the Jazz were looking for a new coach.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
true, but not quite as bad. Brooks was only here for that one year with Muss and was suspected, IIRC, of climbing all over Muss' bones to get the head coaching gig. Hornacek was on the Jazz staff for three years and got hired away one year before the Jazz were looking for a new coach.
Not sure what you're referring to, but Scott Brooks was incredibly well-liked by just about everyone in the organization (meaning the players, other coaches, auxiliary staff, etc.). He did nothing to merit your comment.

Not sure what you're referring to, but Scott Brooks was incredibly well-liked by just about everyone in the organization (meaning the players, other coaches, auxiliary staff, etc.). He did nothing to merit your comment.
what I meant is that the Maloofs suspected him of undermining Muss' authority by contradicting him a lot, sort of a by-product of Muss being wrong all the time, I suppose, which was one of main reasons that they didn't consider him as a successor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
what I meant is that the Maloofs suspected him of undermining Muss' authority by contradicting him a lot, sort of a by-product of Muss being wrong all the time, I suppose, which was one of main reasons that they didn't consider him as a successor.
That's one way of looking at it. I tend to believe Scotty Brooks was part of the talent dump done to ensure a pathetic excuse for a season so the Maloofs could spirit the team out of town. ;)

That's one way of looking at it. I tend to believe Scotty Brooks was part of the talent dump done to ensure a pathetic excuse for a season so the Maloofs could spirit the team out of town. ;)
all possible, and letting him go very clearly was a huge mistake, especially considering his track record of developing young talent, an area where he's heads and shoulders above the rest of the league. I just think that letting Hornacek go might have been a worse oversight, considering his ties to the organisation and how long he had been there.