[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

• Thread starter SacKings2002NBAChampions
  • Start date

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Has anyone worn as many different numbers as Turkoglu? I just realized that he's worn a different number for all six teams he's played for; if that isn't unprecedented, there can't be three other guys who can say that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Does it annoy anyone else how, whenever they talk about Kevin Durant's scoring streak, they always have to give it some sort of arbitrary qualifier, like, "in the last fifty years," as if they are trying to finagle it so that they don't have to point out how far in front Chamberlain is? Come to think of it, they tend to do that with a lot of "milestones" these days...

I predicted Archie Goowin may be a better player than Mclemore before the draft. he is a 1-1/2 yrs younger than Ben, doesn't have the smooth shot yet, but does have great handles, can absolutely fly up and down the court, rebounds,steals. He was a helluva lot cheaper as the 28th pick. I was called a homer on some boards when I said Terrence Jones was better than TRob. Jones put up 30 last night.

The 76ers- Will they win another game this season?

I really wanna say yes. I really do. But this team is beyond horrible, so I say no based on the product on the court. BUT I really am hoping they win one. For them. For their fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 76ers- Will they win another game this season?

I really wanna say yes. I really do. But this team is beyond horrible, so I say no based on the product on the court. BUT I really am hoping they win one. For them. For their fans.
And to think they opened the season 3-0, including beating the Heatles on opening night. My how the "mighty" have fallen. Yikes!!

K

KingMilz

Dieng with three straight double doubles since starting and just had 22points and 21 boards vs Houston. If I were Minny I would pair Dieng with Love and move Pekovic for pieces, Love and Pek is awful on defence and you need similar to what we need with Cousins a rim protector. While Pek is miles better than Dieng from a fit stand point going forward and if Minny actually wants to be a playoff team they need Dieng to develop.

K

KingMilz

Although Spencer Hawes being one of their best players is a good indicator of how bad that team was in the first place.
Yet still smashed us, Spencer while not a elite player is a very good player and has made both the 76ers and Cavs better than they were without him. Two good vets make a world of difference to any team regardless of wins/losses.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Big win for New Orleans over Miami, even without Wade. Anthony Davis was real, real beast like: I've said it before, all the people on this message board who thinks that Davis his overrated, can't possibly have ever seen him play anybody besides the Kings.

Big win for New Orleans over Miami, even without Wade. Anthony Davis was real, real beast like: I've said it before, all the people on this message board who thinks that Davis his overrated, can't possibly have ever seen him play anybody besides the Kings.
I agree. He's pretty darn good and still has lots of offensive potential

K

KingMilz

I agree. He's pretty darn good and still has lots of offensive potential
He plays hard all the time he's like Noah with more skills and athletic ability just a different type of person, guys that play hard all the time and have his size/talent are going ro be beasts regardless.

Btw did anyone hear Paul George got Catfish'd sending pics of himself to another man and he thought it was a girl? To top it off Memphis completely shut him down and straight up bullied the Pacers. Tayshaun Prince has shut down LeBron and PG in back to back games seems like he's finding his groove again after a pathetic start to the season, outside the Spurs every other team would be wise to avoid the Grizz in the first round.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Impressive win by an even more shorthanded than usual New Orleans team, ending a six-game losing streak against the Clippers: already missing Holiday, Anderson and Smith for the season, the Pels also played tonight without Eric Gordon, Brian Roberts and Austin Rivers. So, basically, they were without their opening night starter at point guard, his backup, and the backup's backup, against the best point guard in the league. So, who got the start at point? Good ol' Tyreke Evans. And, while neither he nor Anthony Davis had a good night shooting the ball, both contributed in other ways, and got some unexpected help from their deep bench roleplayers, particularly a combined thirty off the bench from Alexis Ajinca and Darius Miller; Anthony Morrow also came up large in his own building, in his fifth start of the season.

New Orleans also ended an interesting streak for the Clippers: they lost despite hitting thirteen three pointers, including seven from Jamal Crawford. Coming into tonight's game, the Clippers were 29-0 on the season when hitting at least nine three pointers. And Chris Paul, although he did have twelve assists, was held to two points, on 0-12 shooting. And the only two points he scored came late in the third, when Evans was getting his only rest of the night.

The Sucksers go for the record-tying 26 straight losses tonight. What's even more insane is that their last 4 victories were only by a combined 10 points. They're that close to being on a 40 game streak right now. Nasty!

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

fakers are tanking hard. loss to the bucks??
Sessions and Knight played out of there minds, and only Jordan Hill showed up for the Lakers (murdered Jeff Adrien) the guy has had two 28 point games in the last three he's played. Hill and Sessions greatly interest me next season seeing as Jordan Hill is basically a cross between Reggie/JT I think he'd be a great fit and Sessions is a BEAST back up PG the dude's slashing ability is unreal.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The Spurs are ****ing surgical. I see the Pelicans' win streak coming to a screeching halt tomorrow night; they're in for some pain, especially since they may only have eight guys available tomorrow.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, barring the biggest chokejob of all time, it looks like Philadelphia is going to end their losing streak at twenty-six... The funniest thing about the streak to me is, even having lost twenty-six in a row, they still have a better record than Milwaukee!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The Spurs are ****ing surgical. I see the Pelicans' win streak coming to a screeching halt tomorrow night; they're in for some pain, especially since they may only have eight guys available tomorrow.
Yeah, I about saw that coming. The Spurs are really good, and the Pelicans are a MASH unit. On the second night of a back-to-back, and no Anthony Davis, they had no chance.

K

KingMilz

The Josh Smith signing has been nothing short of disaster in Detroit, it could/probably will cost them Greg Monroe who they will either have to overpay or loss for nothing and ruin the potential Monroe/Drummond partnership since I doubt anyone will take Josh Smith's contract on. I had a hard time seeing that trio working and it's just proven to be probably Dumars 2nd worst move ever since drafting Darko 2nd will probably never be topped by anyone in the Pistons organisation.

I would love to see Monroe get signed by the Suns tbh next season or Denver.

#
There is a sense that Ricky Rubio's agent could "demand" a contract extension of at least $10 million per year with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to a report.
I don't know how you could give someone who has not improved at all since he came into the NBA 10mil+ per season. For the good that Rubio does he's not a complete PG or even close to it and really it's not like he could ever come close to carrying a team to a win he's a solid glue guy who at best should be earning lik 6-8million similar to what say Jeff Teague makes who is better all round player than Bricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Josh Smith signing has been nothing short of disaster in Detroit, it could/probably will cost them Greg Monroe who they will either have to overpay or loss for nothing and ruin the potential Monroe/Drummond partnership since I doubt anyone will take Josh Smith's contract on. I had a hard time seeing that trio working and it's just proven to be probably Dumars 2nd worst move ever since drafting Darko 2nd will probably never be topped by anyone in the Pistons organisation.

I would love to see Monroe get signed by the Suns tbh next season or Denver.

#
I don't know how you could give someone who has not improved at all since he came into the NBA 10mil+ per season. For the good that Rubio does he's not a complete PG or even close to it and really it's not like he could ever come close to carrying a team to a win he's a solid glue guy who at best should be earning lik 6-8million similar to what say Jeff Teague makes who is better all round player than Bricky.
$10mil for Rubio??? Absolute nonsense. he's not worth half that.

Rubio has done nothing to warrant even close to that number. He's all hype. It might have been an article posted on here, but a great point I read was that no one would care about Rubio if he came from Appalachian State or some school of that nature.

Teams have figured him out 100%: You deny him passing lanes and he becomes worthless offensively

K

KingMilz

#Harrison Barnes has become the GSW version of Derrick Williams this season, seems like the Iggy signing/injuries at the start of the year has shattered his confidents. He's had a massive drop-off it will be interesting to see if he does not return to form come playoffs what the Dubs do with him.

Mavs just got robbed IMO. O'neal got a block that should have been a goaltend, and Curry goes down the other end and nails a game winner

K

KingMilz

With the Bulls win over Atlanta DMC's favourite Bulls player Mike D for the first team in his 12 year NBA career is on a team with a winning record (43wins).