[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

• Thread starter SacKings2002NBAChampions
  • Start date
S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Trevor Ariza:
24 points in first quarter
6/6 from downtown

What??? Doomsday arriving?

I'll take a guess and say he finishes with 38

Um, so when was the last time a center had 10 assist at halftime?

Cause that's where Noah sits right now. 11 points, 8 rebounds, 10 assists at halftime.

Go Knicks!

Raymond Felton is an idiot. Pure and simple.

Seriously, the gun his wife brought to the cops had 17 bullets in the magazine and one in the chamber? I was raised around guns and can't begin to say how irresponsible that is, especially in NY with the current gun laws. That doesn't even get into him threatening his wife with it. Unbelievable. Welcome to being commissioner, Silver.
In terms of PROOF what do they have against him? He allegedly threatened his wife with a gun and her proof is the actual pistol itself? To be clear I'm not defending him but lets wait everything to play out before we pass judgement.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jimmer into the game for the Bulls with a great ovation from the crowd. Hits his first shot attempt and Boozer, Noah and the rest of the Bulls bench show their appreciation. (As I did sitting here on my couch.) Good on ya, Jimmer!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Jimmer into the game for the Bulls with a great ovation from the crowd. Hits his first shot attempt and Boozer, Noah and the rest of the Bulls bench show their appreciation. (As I did sitting here on my couch.) Good on ya, Jimmer!
So they let him play AND shoot. Amazing. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
LeBron James murdered the Bobcats, en route to a career high. I can't help but wonder whether it was by design that he scored one more than Carmelo Anthony, to get the NBA season high?

K

king07

LeGOAT James

LeBron James murdered the Bobcats, en route to a career high. I can't help but wonder whether it was by design that he scored one more than Carmelo Anthony, to get the NBA season high?
...umm I'm not a math major, but he scored 61, Carmelo had 62.

K

king07

My mistake. I wasn't watching the game live, and it was initially reported on NBA TV as 63, before they corrected it.
it's all good.

Maybe you could answer this, why does it say "new member" under my name when ive been here since 07 and have 1k+ posts?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I feel like I'm supposed to be impressed by that field goal percentage... but I'm not. To me, the other three times in his career where he went for 30+ were far more impressive, because he had more rebounds.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
At what point did they formally relax the dress code? I mean, I know guys like Wade, Durant and Westbrook have been seen wearing some goofy looking stuff that is ostensibly considered "fashionable," but when did they start letting them wear t-shirts again?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At what point did they formally relax the dress code? I mean, I know guys like Wade, Durant and Westbrook have been seen wearing some goofy looking stuff that is ostensibly considered "fashionable," but when did they start letting them wear t-shirts again?
Who's wearing the t-shirt? I ask for the simple reason I don't recall the NBA relaxing the dress code, so I'm of course wondering if this is test of Adam Silver's resolve in this regard.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Who's wearing the t-shirt? I ask for the simple reason I don't recall the NBA relaxing the dress code, so I'm of course wondering if this is test of Adam Silver's resolve in this regard.
They showed a bunch of guys from both the Pelicans and the gd lakers, on NBA TV, coming to the arena in what I would have thought to be less-than-appropriate dress. IIRC, they showed Marshon Brooks wearing what appeared to be a throwback jersey, of some non-basketball sport, Greg Stiesma was wearing a polo, with no jacket, Anthony Davis was wearing what appeared to be a "long-sleeved t-shirt." Austin Rivers was most definitely wearing a black t-shirt, with some kind of ridiculous pattern on the front, Wesley Johnson was also wearing a t-shirt. Tyreke Evans was wearing, as near as I can tell, what appeared to be some kind of black "muscle tee." A couple more guys on the gd lakers (Ken Bazemore and Kendall Marshall, at least) were wearing what appeared to be t-shirts, but I couldn't tell, because they were either wearing wide-open button-up shirts or some kind of dirty-looking pullover on the top of them.

The only two guys I saw who appeared to be dressed appropriately were Pau Gasol and Ryan Anderson, and Anderson's not playing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd like to see this pursued. I think it shows class for the players to show up in business apparel. Of course, in the case of the gd lakers looks can be deceiving. The appearance of class doesn't necessarily translate to them actually having any. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Kyle Korver's NBA record streak of consecutive games with at least one three-pointer. He went 0-5 tonight, in a blowout loss to Portland.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
142-94? Holy batpoopoo.

I have to confess that I got way too much smug satisfaction from reading some of the posts at Lakersground.

They have a guy there who rates the player performances, much along the lines of our own grading consortium. It can't have been easy for him tonight...

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Gerald Green dropped 40 on OKC....unreal how he turned his career around he's averaging similar numbers to Joe Johnson and playing on a better team who would have thought.