[Game] Kings @ Lakers - 3/15/16 - 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In response to George Karl's comment about defense:

"We're talking about defense finally? (Slight eyeroll...) Why are we waiting so long to talk about defense? We've been needing to talk about defense for quite some time. Coach talked about Seth being one of the top defenders back about game 30 but he didn't play. I don't know...it's like crossed signals with me. It messed up my brain."

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I've always liked Doug Christie, but never more than just now as he brought rational thought to talk about Demarcus Cousins. Interesting that he stresses there MUST be communication between Karl and Cousins. They don't have to like each other, but they have to come together for the good of the game and the team.
He said a few other things like WCS has a big upside that might make a few fans heads spin.

Bobby and Doug are great additions to the broadcasting crew. Probably has something to do with the fact they bot played basketball at a high level.

^^^^^^ There ya go. Where's Seth?

Give Seth 20 minutes and Willie 25. Stretch your coaching chops, HofFamer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lakers announcers mentioned that if we win this game it would be the first time in franchise history that we've swept them.
Doug and the other guy also mentioned this in the pre-game. Said the Kings franchise hasn't swept the Lakers franchise since 1960.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That happened once before. Not sure what it means.
I don't think it means anything, to be fair. Cousins has had a few games where he started out slow, and still finished with 22/10. Not worried about him.

I'm more worried about this lapsed intensity by the guys on the court.