[Game] Kings @ Lakers - 3/15/16 - 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Well, as painfully frustrating as this season has been, it sure is nice to sweep the Lakeshow for the first time during the Sac era.

BTW, the Kings are 4-4 in games WCS plays 30+ minutes ....
First time since 1960. Yikes! My favorite play was when WCS and Boogie converged on a block. I also liked when Karl seemed a little surprised when Willie started his defense out at half court or three pt arc - I forget which. He said it wasn't scripted and really threw the Lakers off. Didn't know Willie had never shot a hook shot until last game. He's probably going to get a book on big man moves and devour it like dessert. We've got something special.

Last edited:
First time since 1960. Yikes! My favorite play was when WCS and Boogie converged on a block. I also liked when Karl seemed a little surprised when Willie started his defense out at half court or three pt arc - I forget which. He said it wasn't scripted and really threw the Lakers off. Didn't know Willie had never shot a hook shot until last game. He's probably going to get a book on big man moves and devour it like dessert. We've got something special.
WCS needs to learn the post up more than he does having a mid-range jumper.

A post up game will allow us to take advantage of whatever team decides to play small at the 4 position. Given today's trend, this should be perfect. Want to run a small-ball 4? Fine, we got WCS to guard him. But can that small-ball 4 really guard a 7'0 footer posting him up? Would that small-ball 4 rather have Cousins posting him up? Of course not.

Double teams all day.

Did Demarcus get on meds or something? He's acting like a totally different person tonight.
The Lakers announcers kept saying that he looks disinterested, I kind of disagreed, it was actually nice to not see him arguing every call. I think he put an emphasis on that and mixed with weak opposition you saw a more subdued Cousins performance.

A post up game will allow us to take advantage of whatever team decides to play small at the 4 position. Given today's trend, this should be perfect. Want to run a small-ball 4? Fine, we got WCS to guard him. But can that small-ball 4 really guard a 7'0 footer posting him up? Would that small-ball 4 rather have Cousins posting him up? Of course not.

Double teams all day.
I think a part of his game that could grow is giving him the ball at 17 ft in the triple threat position, if he can consistently hit that shot, no big will be able to stop his quick step and just blitz the rim. I've only seen it a few times this year but if he can establish that midrange shot, all of a sudden a ton of things open up for him and his physical tools. Overall he's been better than advertised on offense, given that most experts expected him to be a complete non factor on offense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Lakers announcers kept saying that he looks disinterested, I kind of disagreed, it was actually nice to not see him arguing every call. I think he put an emphasis on that and mixed with weak opposition you saw a more subdued Cousins performance.
It helped that the rest of the team came out and PLAYED instead of just waiting for DMC to do all the heavy lifting.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Dude can't win....he's either not interested or he's too emotional. I personally like the Cousins who plays with pee and vinegar.

Double teams all day.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Last edited: