[Game] Kings @ Lakers - 3/15/16 - 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET

The rivalry with LA, to me, has basically been the Kings vs. Kobe. When we had our best team here, it was them getting the best of us. It'll be weird not seeing one of the main ingredients no longer apart of this rivalry after he leaves. Have a tremendous amount of respect for him not ring chasing the last 3 years like (LeBron) and went down with his sinking ship, for better or worse he was a Laker.

With all that said, hope we blow em out by 40.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
An era is ending. It is reflexive to hate the Lakers but hating such a diminished team feels a bit like being a bully. I would take one win in 2002 over 10-20 over this present team.

Last edited:
This game will probably feature 2-5 players of the 2020/2024 Olympic teams with DMC being the only lock to make those teams. D'Angelo has been playing really good basketball, Clarkson has been improving and Randle has been Mr. Double Double. And once WCS gets more minutes and experience, I can see him being the Tyson Chandler type on the Olympic team. It's going to be a Kentucky reunion tonight.

gunks

Hall of Famer
An era is ending. It is reflexive to hate the Lakers but hating such a diminished team feels a bit like being a bully. I would take one win in 2002 over 10-20 over this present team.
It would be more like bullying if it wasn't for the fact that we're on their lowly level.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No Grant, I wasn't particularly interested in either watching Kobe play against the Kings "one more time" or, for that matter, listening to you and Jerry slobber all over yourselves singing his praises. But I'm not worried. I'm sure you'll still find a way to bring Kobe into the conversation...

"Oh, look. Russell's pass to _______ is reminiscent of Fisher's pass to Kobe in game 3."

"You know, Jerry, Kobe would have taken that open shot. It's a shame ______ didn't do so."

"Grant, I think Kobe looks ________ sitting there on the bench."

etc.

I would not be at all surprised if it's admitted at some point that Grant and Jerry tried to get Kobe to sit with them at the broadcast table. And if it happens, I predicted it first.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've always liked Doug Christie, but never more than just now as he brought rational thought to talk about Demarcus Cousins. Interesting that he stresses there MUST be communication between Karl and Cousins. They don't have to like each other, but they have to come together for the good of the game and the team.