Hassan Whiteside...?!

Not so sure his head is on all that straight. This may have been the stupidest play I've ever seen an NBA player make.

Absolute idiot. Dude is basically the big surprise story of the year and on track for a mega-contract when he's a FA and then does something like this.

What's even more stupid is that loss very well could cost them a playoff spot in the east with how close the 5 teams are for the final two playoff spots.The difference between 8 and 9 will likely be within a game.Who knows if they would have come back and won, but they certainly had enough time and them being at home to do so.

bad for him but every GM is glad because it gives them a change to overpay to get him in. Including us if we want him back. Boogie would have to reach out i feel and i dont think thats his style

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
really ? for the right price id look into it. He's not Sanders
There is a reason he fell out of the lottery all the way into the second round, got on the Kings front office/coaching staff crap list, got cut, bounced around the D-league, got kicked out of that, and wound up playing in one of the bad European leagues before miraculously being signed by the Heat and reappearing and it isn't a lack of talent.

You would. I doubt seriously if the Kings will.
Whiteside is a player who's been given several chances. I really think the narrative of him bouncing around the NBA because no one gave him a shot is really ridiculous..

Whiteside is the only one who stopped Whiteside. Hopefully he can clear up his antics and have a nice career in the NBA. Only 35 games and he's already had 2 incidents.

You would. I doubt seriously if the Kings will.
I know and by no means am i saying they should listen to me but id do a lot to get a defensive presence for this team to work with demarcus.

I dont think thats the road we're going down and we'd rather put a stretch 4 next to boogie but i guess thats just a perspective thing

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know and by no means am i saying they should listen to me but id do a lot to get a defensive presence for this team to work with demarcus.

I dont think thats the road we're going down and we'd rather put a stretch 4 next to boogie but i guess thats just a perspective thing
The idea of a strong defensive presence next to DMC is very good. The idea of that presence being named Whiteside isn't so good. He's a head case, he's always been a head case and he'll always be a head case. PDA is not going to take a chance on someone like him. We've got way too much to lose.

it would be interesting to see what the market offers him. I dont think we are in the market for a defensive big and that whole stretch 4 concept fits more with Karl and PDAs vision for the team.

He's stats are solid, mentality not so much so but if the market offers him a minial figure you consider signing him just because the value proposition is too great not to. I mean we're paying guys like Landry to do a whole lot of nothing. With a formal support network im certain Whiteside would be more than just manageable. Is our organisation strong enough for that, not currently truth be told but that doesnt mean we cant be. I mean who does this kid have to lean on as a mentor in miami - they have no bigs. He wouldnt have to go far to see what he could be here. Same/similar age and draft class as boogie whose been through the media rollercoaster, all the wisdom in the world in Reggie Evans, all the ventern savvy of Miller.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
it would be interesting to see what the market offers him. I dont think we are in the market for a defensive big and that whole stretch 4 concept fits more with Karl and PDAs vision for the team.

He's stats are solid, mentality not so much so but if the market offers him a minial figure you consider signing him just because the value proposition is too great not to. I mean we're paying guys like Landry to do a whole lot of nothing. With a formal support network im certain Whiteside would be more than just manageable. Is our organisation strong enough for that, not currently truth be told but that doesnt mean we cant be. I mean who does this kid have to lean on as a mentor in miami - they have no bigs. He wouldnt have to go far to see what he could be here. Same/similar age and draft class as boogie whose been through the media rollercoaster, all the wisdom in the world in Reggie Evans, all the ventern savvy of Miller.
Not for nothing but that ENTIRE Heat roster is filled to the brim with veterans, has one of the best coaching staffs in the league, is being run by one of the greatest basketball minds of all time, and has a perfect hole in which Hassan can play and maximize his skills. The Miami Heat are pretty much the best support group a player like Hassan can ask for, which makes the fact that he's now rapidly spiraling out of control all the more troubling.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not for nothing but that ENTIRE Heat roster is filled to the brim with veterans, have one of the best coaching staffs in the league, are being run by one of the greatest basketball minds of all time, and have a perfect hole in which Hassan can play and maximize his skills. The Miami Heat are pretty much the best support group a player like Hassan can ask for which makes the fact that he's now rapidly spiraling out of control all the more troubling.
Exactly.

And the mere fact DWade came out as strongly as he did speaks volumes. This is not a minor thing with Whiteside. It's a pattern that has gone on for a long time. He's got the brains of three-day old road kill.

i was on the fence about wanting the kings to make a run at in the offseason but his maturity is still an issue. think his actions saved the heat several millions in an offer. what a bonehead. he could have had a huge jeremy lin offseason for a few good games played.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
i was on the fence about wanting the kings to make a run at in the offseason but his maturity is still an issue. think his actions saved the heat several millions in an offer. what a bonehead. he could have had a huge jeremy lin offseason for a few good games played.
He's already signed for next season so he has all of next year to prove he's worth a big contact. Smart move by Miami to secure him for another year on the cheap though they don't get restricted free agency rights in 2016.

All this negative talk about Hassan, and the current PER standings look like this.

6. Hassan Whiteside
7. Lebron James
8. DeMarcus Cousins
Games and mins played for Hassan makes it a small sample size. By this account Brandon Wright should have been an all star the past 4 seasons with a PER of 21-23.