Hassan Whiteside...?!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Whiteside spent some time with the Kings because he was drafted by the Kings. That went knowhere. He played a couple years in China I think. Not sure how we could sign him to a 10 day contract now as he is under contract to another team.

I'm actually quite happy to see Mr. Whiteside making strides and doing so well. I advocated drafting him, as I saw him at Marshall and thought he'd develop into a really good player. I obviously didn't expect it to take 5 years or travel the road it has, but today we saw the player some thought he could be. I really hope he is able to keep it going. I met him at the Roseville Galleria when he and DeMarcus were introduced as rookies and he really is a good kid. Like Chad Ford was quoted earlier in this thread, Hassan was a very overconfident kid that wasn't quite ready to perform at the level he is performing now. Good to see he has matured and worked so hard to improve.

Whiteside spent some time with the Kings because he was drafted by the Kings. That went knowhere. He played a couple years in China I think. Not sure how we could sign him to a 10 day contract now as he is under contract to another team.
They can't now, but could have before the cat was out of the bag.

You all see the ESPN NBA front page? I don't pay for insider anymore but the current top story is comparing Hassan to none other than David Robinson.

man... is hassan whiteside just the most stellar example of a player "getting it" outta nowhere? it seemed as if he could hardly play the organized sport of basketball when he came into the league, and now he's a big time contributor in miami...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
man... is hassan whiteside just the most stellar example of a player "getting it" outta nowhere?
I don't know that bouncing around to four different D-League teams, and Lebanon and China twice, before working his way back to the NBA, can reasonably qualify as "outta nowhere."

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
man... is hassan whiteside just the most stellar example of a player "getting it" outta nowhere? it seemed as if he could hardly play the organized sport of basketball when he came into the league, and now he's a big time contributor in miami...
Jeremy Lin had that one month stretch where he went from D-Leaguer to 30 pt, 10 asts guy when D'Antoni ran out of other guys to play.

Is Anyone in the org still friends with Hassan? Any way we can steal him in free agency? Any way he would want to come back? Not having a stable coach or front office certainly hurts our chances!

Is Anyone in the org still friends with Hassan? Any way we can steal him in free agency? Any way he would want to come back? Not having a stable coach or front office certainly hurts our chances!
You would want to wash your hands from what the Magoofs did to him when he was with the Kings.

I remember that they released him way too soon, at the beginning of his 2nd or 3rd season, so that his contract wouldn't become guaranteed. The Magoofs saved themselves a whooping $1.0 million on his minimum contract.

Way to go Magoofs.

I don't think anyone else is still on the team from when he was there, except for DMC and JT, and JT is not going to help recruit his replacement.

But if he is still friendly with DMC, maybe DMC can convince him to return to the team that drafted him, this summer.