Hassan Whiteside...?!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We need another undersized power forward like PDA needs hair dye.
I don't want to have to dig up the numbers again, but if Thomas Robinson is an under-sized PF so are Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, Serge Ibaka, Carlos Boozer, David Lee, Jared Sullinger, The Morris Twins, Amare Stoudamire, Tristan Thompson, David West, and Carl Landry.

The only guy on our bench who's even in the same league as Thomas Robinson as a physical presence would be Eric Moreland if he can put on another 20 pounds of muscle. Among players who've been on the court for at least 200 minutes this season, Whiteside ranks first in defensive rebound % and Robinson ranks eigth. There are always going to be nights where a pogo-stick wrecking ball of an athlete will be of use down low for 15 or 20 minutes.

We should have both of these guys coming off the bench on team friendly deals right now. Along with Cousins and Thompson, that's got to be one of the best front-court rotations in the league.

You folks ever seen Thomas Robinson on the court? Official stats list him as 6'10" but he looks more like 6'7" and basically plays like it. He can rebound and that's it. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't pass and can't score.

Hassan Whiteside is looking like a special diamond in the rough find these last 5 games but come on. It's way too early to even be talking about this but for every Whiteside there's a hundred other similar players like Hasheem Thabeet that never make it. Can't blame anyone on giving up on Whiteside. The upside is what even kept him around in the D-League but the chances of him reaching his potential were about 1%. No reason to place the blame on anyone.

With the good coaching and structure they have in Miami I can see him having a steady role. With his incredible physical gifts it was baffling that he couldnt stick around the league after we cut him but I think a couple years in China and just getting older have matured him into at least being a serviceable big man.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With the good coaching and structure they have in Miami I can see him having a steady role. With his incredible physical gifts it was baffling that he couldnt stick around the league after we cut him but I think a couple years in China and just getting older have matured him into at least being a serviceable big man.
It might also be a good idea to be wary of the Jeremy Lin effect in which a dude on a team with nothing to lose suddenly explodes and puts up superstar numbers then quickly fades when other teams realize they can't just leave him open and/or he isn't the focal point of the offense anymore. Though in all honesty, I haven't had the time to watch all of Hassan's appearances since his reemergence.

The list of productive players that the Kings have given up on is getting really long.
I am happy for Whiteside after getting no respect for so long.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad to see Hassan doing well but the reality is that he was completely out of the NBA for four years. He went from the D-League to Lebanon, to China, back to Lebanon, China again and then back to the D-League. Memphis finally gave him a shot in training camp and then waived him before the season. They called him up a month later and cut him the next day.

I honestly think that it took 4 years and nearly seeing his chances of ever playing in the NBA completely dry up for him to finally put in the kind of effort that he should have had from day 1.

If people forget, this is the guy that showed up to the NBA combine in flip-flops. He just didn't get it. And had the Kings just kept him around the last few season I don't think the light bulb would have went on. I wish it were the Kings that had signed him (he's shown more in the last four games than I've ever seen out of Ryan Hollins) but 28 other teams wouldn't give the guy a chance either - and with good reason I'm sure. Reasons that had nothing to do with his physical gifts and everything to do with (I assume) attitude, work ethic, focus etc.

Good for Whiteside if he's finally got it together.

hrdboild

Staff member
You folks ever seen Thomas Robinson on the court? Official stats list him as 6'10" but he looks more like 6'7" and basically plays like it. He can rebound and that's it. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't pass and can't score.

Hassan Whiteside is looking like a special diamond in the rough find these last 5 games but come on. It's way too early to even be talking about this but for every Whiteside there's a hundred other similar players like Hasheem Thabeet that never make it. Can't blame anyone on giving up on Whiteside. The upside is what even kept him around in the D-League but the chances of him reaching his potential were about 1%. No reason to place the blame on anyone.
Why should it matter how tall he looks to you when we have empirical data which says otherwise? This whole 6-7, 6-8, 6-9 obsession with power forwards is pretty ridiculous anyway. A "+ or - 1 inch" difference in height could come down to merely neck size. I've never seen anybody make a play with the top of their head. For in-game height what actually matters is how high and wide you can get your hands, how high you can jump, and how quickly you can jump. It's not like I'm saying he's an All Star or anything. A taller younger Reggie Evans who can shoot from 15-20 feet, fly up and down the floor, and finish above the rim is a useful player.

Last edited:
It might also be a good idea to be wary of the Jeremy Lin effect in which a dude on a team with nothing to lose suddenly explodes and puts up superstar numbers then quickly fades when other teams realize they can't just leave him open and/or he isn't the focal point of the offense anymore. Though in all honesty, I haven't had the time to watch all of Hassan's appearances since his reemergence.
He most likely wont continue to put up superstar numbers, but theres no reason for him not to be a rotation guy as I eluded to in my post. Hassan's success is much more sustainable in my eyes than Jeremy Lin's success was. Hassan is a physical freak his problem was that the game was too fast for him and he just wasnt ready BBIQ wise as well as lacking maturity.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yes and no. He clearly has always had the ability to be (at the very least) a bigger, more athletic version of Chris Andersen. And that's essentially the role they have him in though he still has a long way to go to get to the level Andersen played at in terms of individual defense and court awareness/BBIQ. But he just seemed like a guy that flat out didn't get it. I honestly wondered during his time with the Kings if he had psychological issues - he didn't seem to be aware of the reality of things. So I can't say he's the last guy I'd expect to make it in the NBA - guys with his physical tools SHOULD be playing in the NBA if they give the most modest of efforts to do so - but I'm surprised to see him buying in and growing as a player.

I don't know if it was entitlement or what but something was clearly going on with Whiteside, at least during his brief tenure with the Kings. He just didn't seem to care or to understand. Just strange how out of touch he was - rarely in position, not seeming to grasp the reality of the situation and how tenuous his spot in the NBA was. He's playing really well in this stretch right now and I'm sure there are Kings fans who will see that and wish the team hadn't given up on him. But in my opinion Whiteside was never going to come around unless he was cut and out of the NBA. He had to be shaken out of that fog he seemed to perpetually wander around in and it looks like that finally happened to some extent.

I'll be curious to see how far he progresses. Smart, low risk signing by the Heat.
Whiteside is a good kid, that just needed some time to mature, and catch up with his body. Not sure how many are aware, but he grew six inches between sophmore and junior years of highschool. So he went from being a guard to a center/PF overnight. Just about every player that goes through that growth period late in life, struggles for a while. So when he came to the Kings he was extremely raw. Purely by chance, I started interacting with Hasson on twitter, and then through e-mails. Mostly I gave him pep talks. Told him god gave him a great set of physical tools, but the rest was up to him. He's worked his butt 0ff. He went to the big man's camp and has been working out with Hakeem Olajuwon. So no one waved a magic wand, and suddenly he became a better player. He's really busted his butt. I told him, don't dream of being an NBA player, dream of being one of the best NBA players. Dream of being a HOF player. Just being an NBA player with his abilities isn't good enough. I'm happy for him.

Note: By the way, not sure why anyone is debating Whiteside's height. His official height from the combine is 6'10.5"without shoes, and 6'11.5" in shoes. He towers over Thomas Robinson.

Last edited:
Whiteside is a good kid, that just needed some time to mature, and catch up with his body. Not sure how many are aware, but he grew six inches between sophmore and junior years of highschool. So he went from being a guard to a center/PF overnight. Just about every player that goes through that growth period late in life, struggles for a while. So when he came to the Kings he was extremely raw. Purely by chance, I started interacting with Hasson on twitter, and then through e-mails. Mostly I gave him pep talks. Told him god gave him a great set of physical tools, but the rest was up to him. He's worked his butt 0ff. He went to the big man's camp and has been working out with Hakeem Olajuwon. So no one waved a magic wand, and suddenly he became a better player. He's really busted his butt. I told him, don't dream of being an NBA player, dream of being one of the best NBA players. Dream of being a HOF player. Just being an NBA player with his abilities isn't good enough. I'm happy for him.

Note: By the way, not sure why anyone is debating Whiteside's height. His official height from the combine is 6'10.5"without shoes, and 6'11.5" in shoes. He towers over Thomas Robinson.
That's pretty cool. Have you interacted with other NBA players too or just kind of walked in to talking with Whiteside?

Why should it matter how tall he looks to you when we have empirical data which says otherwise? This whole 6-7, 6-8, 6-9 obsession with power forwards is pretty ridiculous anyway. A "+ or - 1 inch" difference in height could come down to merely neck size. I've never seen anybody make a play with the top of their head. For in-game height what actually matters is how high and wide you can get your hands, how high you can jump, and how quickly you can jump. It's not like I'm saying he's an All Star or anything. A taller Reggie Evans who can shoot from 15-20 feet, fly up and down the floor, and finish above the rim is a useful player.
Undersized isn't always about height. Did you not see T-Rob while he was here? At the combine he measured 6'8.75" w/ shoes. 244lbs and only 5% of body fat.
T-Rob is undersized for a PF. Guys like Reggie Evans actually have the size, body shape, fat, and weight wise. T-Rob has a lanky athletic body. He has the body of a SF.

He needs to add more weight into his frame.

This year, he's actually gotten bigger. T-Rob has always been undersized..

When you are barely 6'9 240lbs, and have a 5% body fat, it means you're undersized.

It's about body type, build, and frame. It's not just all height.

Kevin Durant is 6'9.... and he isn't a PF because he doesn't have the size.

hrdboild

Staff member
Undersized isn't always about height. Did you not see T-Rob while he was here? At the combine he measured 6'8.75" w/ shoes. 244lbs and only 5% of body fat.
T-Rob is undersized for a PF. Guys like Reggie Evans actually have the size, body shape, fat, and weight wise. T-Rob has a lanky athletic body. He has the body of a SF.

When you are barely 6'9 240lbs, and have a 5% body fat, it means you're undersized.

Oh so it's the weight that's the problem for you?

Thomas Robinson....6'7.75"...........244lbs.........5% Body Fat............UNDERSIZED
David Lee..................6'7.75"...........230lbs..........................................UNDERSIZED
Noah Vonleh............6'8"................247lbs.........7.3% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Patrick Patterson......6'8"................240lbs.........5.3% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Tyler Hansbrough....6'8.25"...........234lbs.........8.5% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Kris Humphries........6'8.25"...........238lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
David West...............6'8.25"...........226lbs..........8% Body Fat............UNDERSIZED
Taj Gibson................6'8.5".............214lbs..........6.6% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Brian Grant..............6'8.5".............247lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Blake Griffin.............6'8.5".............248lbs.........8.2% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Amare Stoudamire...6'8.5".............233lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Al Horford.................6'8.75"...........246lbs.........9.1% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Derrick Favors..........6'8.75"...........245lbs.........6.5% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Drew Gooden...........6'8.75"............227lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Ed Davis....................6'9"................227lbs.........10% Body Fat...........UNDERSIZED
John Henson............6'9"................216lbs..........8.6% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Larry Sanders...........6'9.25"...........222lbs..........4.6% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Anthony Davis..........6'9.25"..........222lbs..........7.9% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Channing Frye..........6'9.5"............244lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Rasheed Wallace......6'9.75"...........230lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Greg Monroe............6'9.75"...........247lbs..........11.2% Body Fat........UNDERSIZED
LaMarcus Aldridge...6'10".............234lbs...........8.7% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Tiago Splitter............6'10.25".........233lbs............................................UNDERSIZED
Joakim Noah...........6'10.5"...........223lbs..........4.8% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Cody Zeller...............6'10.75".........230lbs..........4.8% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Kevin Garnett...........6'11"..............217lbs............................................UNDERSIZED
Tim Duncan.............6'11"..............249lbs............................................UNDERSIZED

Reggie Evans...........6'7.5".............250lbs............................................NOT UNDERSIZED?

Aside from the fact that the difference between Reggie Evans' pre-draft measurements and Thomas Robinson's is roughly a second pair of tube socks and a half dozen pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese, I'm having a hard time picturing who in the league is not undersized to play PF according to your criteria.

hrdboild

Staff member
I don't know if it was entitlement or what but something was clearly going on with Whiteside, at least during his brief tenure with the Kings. He just didn't seem to care or to understand. Just strange how out of touch he was - rarely in position, not seeming to grasp the reality of the situation and how tenuous his spot in the NBA was. He's playing really well in this stretch right now and I'm sure there are Kings fans who will see that and wish the team hadn't given up on him. But in my opinion Whiteside was never going to come around unless he was cut and out of the NBA. He had to be shaken out of that fog he seemed to perpetually wander around in and it looks like that finally happened to some extent.
Maybe he just needed a stable organization, a competent coaching staff, and an opportunity. Remember he was drafted the same year as Cousins. That means his 2 years as a part of this organization included Tyreke Evans fighting through ankle injuries and shooting slumps, Coach Westphal picking fights with all of his bigmen, the Maloofs selling off everything that wasn't nailed down, DeMarcus getting into fights with his own teammates in the lockerroom, Marcus Thornton throwing up 16 shots per game, Geoff Petrie's annual washed up veteran overpay (Chuck Hayes) soaking up minutes in the frontcourt, bad-attitude All-Stars JJ Hickson and John Salmons leading by example, 2 head coaches who seemed to think offense was meant to be the domain of the little guys. The list goes on.

None of these are excuses, it's always going to be a chicken and egg type of question, but what's often missed by teams that attempt to bottom out and rebuild through the draft is that it doesn't matter who you draft if your organization hasn't a clue about how to develop talent. A team like San Antonio has been abnormally successful through the draft not because they have a crystal ball of talent scouting but because they know exactly what they're looking for and how to teach young players. Whiteside probably needed to get out of Sacramento to grow into an NBA player but it's not because he was a headcase. It's because our organization was a complete top-to-bottom disaster while he was here and getting him coached-up and ready to go didn't even register on the radar with all the five alarm fires needing to be put out. In particular, the team was 95% gone to Anaheim at the end of his rookie season. That had to be a monumental distraction to everything basketball related.

What Hassan is doing right now for Miami he could have done for any team that put the time into developing him. Remember there was a time when Sacramento was known as a franchise that could scoop up overlooked talent and turn it into something useful. That was all about Geoff Petrie and Rick Adelman working together with owners who loved winning and were willing to pay to build a winner. Talents like DeMarcus are so good they'll drag an incompetant organization kicking and screaming halfway up the totem pole. But to actually win and win consistently we'll need to get back to being an organization that can build from within and dedicate the time and resources necessary to nurture young guys like Hassan Whiteside and Thomas Robinson; guys who have the raw physical gifts to be impact players but won't get there without a lot of support from an established group of coaches and a stable and supportive front office. Because DeMarcus can get us into the playoffs but we're never going to be a real contender unless we can take some of those lower draft picks and journeyman free agent signings and turn them into something more.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
That's pretty cool. Have you interacted with other NBA players too or just kind of walked in to talking with Whiteside?
Just sort of walked into it. I followed him on twitter, and after he left the Kings, some of his posts had a "the world is against me"theme to them. So I just responded to him in a positive manner, but with honesty, and he responded back. After that one thing just led to another. He was just an immature kid thrown into the tough world of the NBA, and it turned out to be harder than he thought. To his credit he got up off the floor and got to work. I hope he sticks with it and doesn't let a little success interfere with his vision. I don't think it will.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Kevin Garnett is a solid 6'11" and was drafted as a SF/SG so no.
At the 1995 NBA combine, Kevin Garnett measured 6'11" without shoes. At worse, he's 7 foot with shoes. Anyone that implies he's undersized has no clue what he's talking about.
Maybe he just needed a stable organization, a competent coaching staff, and an opportunity. Remember he was drafted the same year as Cousins. That means his 2 years as a part of this organization included Tyreke Evans fighting through ankle injuries and shooting slumps, Coach Westphal picking fights with all of his bigmen, the Maloofs selling off everything that wasn't nailed down, DeMarcus getting into fights with his own teammates in the lockerroom, Marcus Thornton throwing up 16 shots per game, Geoff Petrie's annual washed up veteran overpay (Chuck Hayes) soaking up minutes in the frontcourt, bad-attitude All-Stars JJ Hickson and John Salmons leading by example, 2 head coaches who seemed to think offense was meant to be the domain of the little guys. The list goes on.

None of these are excuses, it's always going to be a chicken and egg type of question, but what's often missed by teams that attempt to bottom out and rebuild through the draft is that it doesn't matter who you draft if your organization hasn't a clue about how to develop talent. A team like San Antonio has been abnormally successful through the draft not because they have a crystal ball of talent scouting but because they know exactly what they're looking for and how to teach young players. Whiteside probably needed to get out of Sacramento to grow into an NBA player but it's not because he was a headcase. It's because our organization was a complete top-to-bottom disaster while he was here and getting him coached-up and ready to go didn't even register on the radar with all the five alarm fires needing to be put out. In particular, the team was 95% gone to Anaheim at the end of his rookie season. That had to be a monumental distraction to everything basketball related.

What Hassan is doing right now for Miami he could have done for any team that put the time into developing him. Remember there was a time when Sacramento was known as a franchise that could scoop up overlooked talent and turn it into something useful. That was all about Geoff Petrie and Rick Adelman working together with owners who loved winning and were willing to pay to build a winner. Talents like DeMarcus are so good they'll drag an incompetant organization kicking and screaming halfway up the totem pole. But to actually win and win consistently we'll need to get back to being an organization that can build from within and dedicate the time and resources necessary to nurture young guys like Hassan Whiteside and Thomas Robinson; guys who have the raw physical gifts to be impact players but won't get there without a lot of support from an established group of coaches and a stable and supportive front office. Because DeMarcus can get us into the playoffs but we're never going to be a real contender unless we can take some of those lower draft picks and journeyman free agent signings and turn them into something more.
I agree 100%. We as fans always look at a players on other teams and and immediately want to trade for those players. What we should be wondering, is why don't we have any players we've developed? If your going to draft a player, then have the patience to develop that player. If you want chemistry and cohesiveness, then what better way than to have your players develop within the system you want to run. If your a farmer, and your going to the market to buy your produce, then something is wrong in River City.

He looked like he was playing in a different dimension to the rest of the team when he played here, like he was sleepwalking. Absolutely terrible. If it has all clicked for him, I'm happy for the kid, seemed like a good kid just wasn't anywhere near ready to play.

Oh so it's the weight that's the problem for you?

Thomas Robinson....6'7.75"...........244lbs.........5% Body Fat............UNDERSIZED
David Lee..................6'7.75"...........230lbs..........................................UNDERSIZED
Noah Vonleh............6'8"................247lbs.........7.3% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Patrick Patterson......6'8"................240lbs.........5.3% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Tyler Hansbrough....6'8.25"...........234lbs.........8.5% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Kris Humphries........6'8.25"...........238lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
David West...............6'8.25"...........226lbs..........8% Body Fat............UNDERSIZED
Taj Gibson................6'8.5".............214lbs..........6.6% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Brian Grant..............6'8.5".............247lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Blake Griffin.............6'8.5".............248lbs.........8.2% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Amare Stoudamire...6'8.5".............233lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Al Horford.................6'8.75"...........246lbs.........9.1% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Derrick Favors..........6'8.75"...........245lbs.........6.5% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Drew Gooden...........6'8.75"............227lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Ed Davis....................6'9"................227lbs.........10% Body Fat...........UNDERSIZED
John Henson............6'9"................216lbs..........8.6% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Larry Sanders...........6'9.25"...........222lbs..........4.6% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Anthony Davis..........6'9.25"..........222lbs..........7.9% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Channing Frye..........6'9.5"............244lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Rasheed Wallace......6'9.75"...........230lbs...........................................UNDERSIZED
Greg Monroe............6'9.75"...........247lbs..........11.2% Body Fat........UNDERSIZED
LaMarcus Aldridge...6'10".............234lbs...........8.7% Body Fat.........UNDERSIZED
Tiago Splitter............6'10.25".........233lbs............................................UNDERSIZED
Joakim Noah...........6'10.5"...........223lbs..........4.8% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Cody Zeller...............6'10.75".........230lbs..........4.8% Body Fat..........UNDERSIZED
Kevin Garnett...........6'11"..............217lbs............................................UNDERSIZED
Tim Duncan.............6'11"..............249lbs............................................UNDERSIZED

Reggie Evans...........6'7.5".............250lbs............................................NOT UNDERSIZED?

Aside from the fact that the difference between Reggie Evans' pre-draft measurements and Thomas Robinson's is roughly a second pair of tube socks and a half dozen pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese, I'm having a hard time picturing who in the league is not undersized to play PF according to your criteria.
Of all the PFs you've listed, Thomas Robinson is obviously the MOST smallest. Your stats go to further support my evidence.

Cody Zeller weighs 230lbs with a body fat of only 4.8% BUT he's 6'10 3/4"

Thomas Robinson is undersized and all of your numbers proved that.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of all the PFs you've listed, Thomas Robinson is obviously the MOST smallest. Your stats go to further support my evidence.

Cody Zeller weighs 230lbs with a body fat of only 4.8% BUT he's 6'10 3/4"

Thomas Robinson is undersized and all of your numbers proved that.
No, not really. What has been proved is that you keep changing your argument in an effort to call Thomas Robinson undersized. He's less than an inch shorter than Blake Griffin but has an inch greater standing reach and a 4 inch advantage when it comes to wingspan. And he came in to the combine 4 lbs lighter than Griffin but with 3% lower body fat. Which means he actually had MORE muscle mass than Griffin. Body fat percentage is NOT a plus.

Unless Blake Griffin is undersized than neither is Thomas Robinson. Robinson's struggles weren't about his stature - they were about his game.

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahooFollow
On being cut by Kings who he plays Friday w/Miami, Hassan Whiteside: "The guys that cut me, they're not there anymore. How smart was that?"

Tony Delk game coming?

Hassan Whiteside drops 23 & 16 on the Clippers and calls out Doc Rivers.

"I got a chip on my shoulder," Whiteside said. "Every team in the NBA said no to me. Especially this team. I mean, I couldn't even get a training camp invite. The Clippers thought it was a good idea; Doc said no. I tried to get a workout then; Doc said no."

As most of you may remember Hassan as our 2nd round draft pick from Cousins' year. His years with us were underwhelming and Hassan seemed lost mentally.

Since being let go, he's put in time playing overseas and in the D-League and afterbouncing around trying to get a training camp invite and eventually being waived at training camp by the Grizzlies. He's now found a home with the Heat and has really come to his own in the last 5 games or so.

I watch his last 2 games against the Blazers and Clippers and he really did well. The good thing is he's finally realize what he can do and what he can't. On offense, he tries to establish deep position and gets rewarded with a pass and a high percentage shot. He's also got a pretty good chemistry going with DWade and the other guards with pick and roll and alley loops. On D, he stays big and uses his length and keeps a body on his man. Oh, he also rebounds and he tries. He is doing exactly what the coach would be telling him to do and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, he is no Boogie. But he knows it and he is becoming a very serviceable big. Could've been that rebounding big that we are looking for to back up Cousins. But hindsight is what we know it to be. If he stayed with us, he may have never developed. I'm happy to see Hassan do well but back then, I was a little disapointed that we let him walk since we could've kept him for minimum salary.
he would be a great fit next to boogie if he could put it all together. i just don't know if we have the leadership here to help him get there.

trob looked like a small forward. did he grow some more since being in the league? not sure what the **** the kings saw in him to take him when drummond was available.

No, not really. What has been proved is that you keep changing your argument in an effort to call Thomas Robinson undersized. He's less than an inch shorter than Blake Griffin but has an inch greater standing reach and a 4 inch advantage when it comes to wingspan. And he came in to the combine 4 lbs lighter than Griffin but with 3% lower body fat. Which means he actually had MORE muscle mass than Griffin. Body fat percentage is NOT a plus.

Unless Blake Griffin is undersized than neither is Thomas Robinson. Robinson's struggles weren't about his stature - they were about his game.
Body fat doesn't matter?? I am not changing my argument. Griffin is taller AND has a bigger frame. Let me ask you, what's the difference between Dwight and Cousins? Does cousins not have more meat than Dwight which allows him to bully opponents? Size is not just all about height..... You need to include body mass, frame, and etc.

Thomas Robinson IS undersized. Dude. If you seriously don't believe he is....then this makes me question the entirety of your basketball knowledge. It really does funky. No disrespect, but trying to tell me Griffin's body type=Thomas Robinson is more than wow....Ask any any any any one associated basketball even if they coach 3 yearolds............