what was the last movie you watched?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I saw "Superman Returns"...loved it! I'm so happy that hollywood has finally gotten comic book movies right. This one took the best elements of the original "Superman" movie and went further. Spacey makes a great Lex Luthor.
I have sometimes been disappointed in the movies Kevin Spacey has been in, but I have NEVER been disappointed with his performance. I think he's truly one of the most under-rated actors in Hollywood today.

Saw 'The Devil Wears Prada' a couple days ago. I had just finished the book. If I had never read the book, I would of enjoyed the movie much more. The movie was not as faithful to the book as I had hoped. They didn't incorporate some book storylines into the movie which would of made it better. However, the acting was top of the line. Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep were soooo good. I would recommend this movie to those who haven't read the book.

Saw 'The Devil Wears Prada' a couple days ago. I had just finished the book. If I had never read the book, I would of enjoyed the movie much more. The movie was not as faithful to the book as I had hoped. They didn't incorporate some book storylines into the movie which would of made it better. However, the acting was top of the line. Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep were soooo good. I would recommend this movie to those who haven't read the book.
I didn't read the book and enjoyed the movie. Boy..can Meryl Streep play a good b****, or what??

I had the misfortune of watching "Superman Returns" recently. In an attempt to "humanize" Superman, Bryan Singer has made an aborted chick flick with cardboard characters. The best part of the movie was the opening credits with the original John Williams score! Starts promising but fizzles out in the end.

Finally saw 'Brokeback Mountain' over the weekend. It was good, but it wasn't great. I remember all the uproar over it not winning Best Picture Oscar. It certainly didn't deserve to.

nah took the kids, it's free, so I guess I can't complain, guess there are good reasons for having hook-ups, i'd hate to actually pay to see movies...wish I could get the hook up on my kings season tix!!! hahahahaha..........

You certainly are touchy about this.
Believe me, I'm not mad or all worked up about it...it is just a movie after all. But your choice of words ("certainly") was a bit provocative, since our taste in movies is ultimately subjective. If you had just said that you thought that Crash (I seem to remember you being in favor of that one) was better than Brokeback Mountain, I'm sure I would have just passed that comment over. When you said that one was certainly not deserving of the best picture Oscar, I felt like commenting...that's all. No harm.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just finished watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Bit of an odd flick, but very funny. Val Kilmer doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves as an actor.
I enjoyed that one. Quirky and fun. Kilmer and Downey seem like too odd of a pairing on paper but it works. Kilmer likely doesn't get the respect he deserves because of the way his attitude alienates his co-stars and the press. A shame, because I do like his work.

Coincidentally, I watched the Doors last week. He does about as good a Morrison impression as you could hope to find in Hollywood. Of course the horribly miscast Meg Ryan just about ruins the entire film.

The last movie I watched was 25th hour. Pretty good film up to the ending. While I realize what Spike Lee was trying to do (I won't spoil the movie with details), it just doesn't work and leaves you with an empty feeling about the film. Edward Norton (as usual) is great.