What are you listening to right now?

For fans of the 90's in Northern CA, there's a great new radio station that took the place of KWOD. It's now 106.5 The Buzz. All 90's, from Coolio to Nirvana to Ricky Martin. If it hit big in the 90's, they play it.

My prediction of new band of the year....
Bombay Bicycle Club!

Their debut album "I had the blues and I shook them" is awesome.. check it out for sure.

I've been filling in the gaps of my Michael Jackson collection, buying all of the songs that I didn't have yet.

Also, Carolina Liar, "Show me what I'm looking for," and The White Tie Affair have also been in my playlist as well.

Okay, so I go diggin' around for music stuff to listen to and I go ahead and google "best drummers in the world." Of course I get Neil Pert and Joey Jordison and the atypical list of American drummers blah, blah, blah... So the last page I click gives me this guy, ranked #1: Yoshiki Hayashi. It took some getting used to, but he's extremely good, he deserves to be in the conversation, he's at least as good as Tommy Lee. Look up X Japan's old stuff, puts glam rock to shame.

(start it around 5:30)
[yt= X Japan]CWZHaJT-2tg[/yt]

Just bought the remastered White Album by the Beatles (like I had to clarify;)). AWESOME!!! But my new orange Ipod was stolen:mad:.

I am an enormous Coheed and Cambria fan. Best musicians ever (just my opinion, I know.) I was just listening to their longest epic songs and I was inspired to come and post their titles, if you care to look for them.

2113, The Light and the Glass, Mother Superior, and Welcome Home.

If you look up no other song, the instrumentals in Welcome Home will melt your face off, and they should be instantly recognizable (the violins towards the end are the soundtrack to the 9 computer animation movie trailer.) If you feel particularly adventurous you should try to find the acoustic version of The Final Cut, which is equally instrumentally awesome.

I post no videos of their stuff because all of their songs comprise an incredibly complex (and graphically violent) space-based rock opera. Crazy awesome.:cool: Oh, all of their stuff was created this decade, so the draft is unaffected by this mention.

I am an enormous Coheed and Cambria fan. Best musicians ever (just my opinion, I know.) I was just listening to their longest epic songs and I was inspired to come and post their titles, if you care to look for them.

If you look up no other song, the instrumentals in Welcome Home will melt your face off, and they should be instantly recognizable (the violins towards the end are the soundtrack to the 9 computer animation movie trailer.) If you feel particularly adventurous you should try to find the acoustic version of The Final Cut, which is equally instrumentally awesome.

I post no videos of their stuff because all of their songs comprise an incredibly complex (and graphically violent) space-based rock opera. Crazy awesome.:cool: Oh, all of their stuff was created this decade, so the draft is unaffected by this mention.
I'm a big coheed fan too. I love Feathers.

Right now, however, I'm listening to 30 Seconds to Mars new single "Kings and Queens". Good stuff.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Dream Theater: Black Clouds and Silver Linings, to be followed by Baroness: Red Album. If you're into prog metal and are looking for something new, I recommend Baroness. Their new Blue Album is out, too.

How can you leave off songs like The Crowing and the title track of In Keeping Silent Secrets of Earth? That one being my favorite album.

For the most part I find their music pretty intriguing (i'm not totally with you there on the "greatest ever" thing though :D) but I can't follow the story the albums go on at all. Is there a website to help or something?

As for what I'm listening to....new Flaming Lips album called "Embryonic." Its awesome. New Andrew Jackson Jihad called "Can't Maintain" and I've been listening to a lot of Pavement lately....great band to throwback to. So good...and local too.

How can you leave off songs like The Crowing and the title track of In Keeping Silent Secrets of Earth? That one being my favorite album.

For the most part I find their music pretty intriguing (i'm not totally with you there on the "greatest ever" thing though :D) but I can't follow the story the albums go on at all. Is there a website to help or something?
I call them the greatest ever musicians (more specifically: guitarists), they can't be the greatest band ever (I know, splitting hairs.) The Crowing is my wife's favorite. Overall, my favorite album from them is Second Stage Turbine Blade (their first, and simplest.) I immediately stopped liking the title track of IKSSE 3 after I had a baby (you'll understand why if you've paid close attention to the lyrics), but it's still an awesome piece of music. This is what they're talking about in their songs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amory_Wars

I'll check out the bands you all are talking about soon, when midterms aren't eating me alive.

I call them the greatest ever musicians (more specifically: guitarists), they can't be the greatest band ever (I know, splitting hairs.) The Crowing is my wife's favorite. Overall, my favorite album from them is Second Stage Turbine Blade (their first, and simplest.) I immediately stopped liking the title track of IKSSE 3 after I had a baby (you'll understand why if you've paid close attention to the lyrics), but it's still an awesome piece of music. This is what they're talking about in their songs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amory_Wars

I'll check out the bands you all are talking about soon, when midterms aren't eating me alive.
Sounds good....and I like your wife's tastes, haha.

As far as checking out what I listed, you won't regret it. I just wish this thread got a little more participation, I feel like we could all share some good stuff to one another.

Inspired by the music draft thread, I picked up Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek's Reflection Eternal and (the following was released in 1999, protecting the draft by spoiler-ing)
Black on Both Sides by Mos Def
. Highly entertaining, this is my favorite kind of hip hop / rap. The different stuff.:D

Music that is continuously going through my head...tunes that haven't been written down, yet. I can't help but be constantly in writing mode. It's how God made me... I love creating music.