• Thunder in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunder in 5

• Thunder in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn..I wish I would've voted here. I took the Thunder. I took the Thunder for the Spurs series because I didn't think they had anyone who could even guard Westbrook, let alone keep up with him.

Westbrook is better than Durant and I think everyone else is starting to see it too.

After tonight... just lols.

The bandwagon fans of the NBA's golden boys experiencing a couple of beat downs is enjoyable to say the least. Maybe it's just me, I don't see OKC as being as cocky as GSW in these victories. Either way go.. Toronto?

F all of these teams, Go Kings!
Funny you mention cockiness.
My wife can't stand Russell Westbrook but mentioned after last nights game that there is zero cockiness coming from OKC. Not like GS when they are rolling.
I'm just reveling in GS junk ball finally being put in its place by OKC's defense and bigs dominating the boards.

Funny you mention cockiness.
My wife can't stand Russell Westbrook but mentioned after last nights game that there is zero cockiness coming from OKC. Not like GS when they are rolling.
I'm just reveling in GS junk ball finally being put in its place by OKC's defense and bigs dominating the boards.
Certainly helps to have a top two scorer with ridiculous length and a point guard that is just plain scary.

My wife can't stand Russell Westbrook
I've been in the same boat his entire career. He just seemed like an arrogant a-hole to me. But, oddly, rooting for him and the Thunder this postseason had somewhat changed my view. Then, I read some more about him recently and I've become somewhat a fan. Strange how that works sometimes.

If you're interested and have the time, I recommend reading this: Everything you always wanted to know about Russell Westbrook but were afraid to ask ... it has some interesting things in there. I found these to be enlightening:
He shows up at team staffers' family events.
Westbrook is known to attend their children's soccer games, hockey games, dance performances and piano recitals.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Dude... the series isn't over yet. If the Warriors find a way to pull their heads out of their posterior, I'm going to put ALL of the blame on you. :p
:D Fair enough! I don't see Westbrook letting that happen though. I don't usually like to root for Bruins, but those rules don't apply with Russ.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
we finally get a good game out of these two teams...been nothing but blow outs prior to this one. I think Thunder wrap it up at home.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Green was Cousins...how many games would he have been ejected from so far during these playoffs? I vote all. All the games.
Green is going to keep getting away with it much like Bruce Bowen...until somebody gets hurt really badly.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
at this point I'm just hoping he rolls his ankle stepping off the bus before next game.

I'm getting less picky by the moment about how the Warriors get taken down.
why so much dislike for them? You want the end of small ball huh? Can't say the Thunder don't have a formula in place. It's just about execution.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Because the Warriors style of play threatens 70 years of basketball intuition. Evolution of play is not taken kindly in sports.
The Warriors style of play is a temporary facade, styles of play come and go. This is not the exception here. The formula to beat them is there, the question remains can OKC get one more in Oracle?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
why so much dislike for them? You want the end of small ball huh? Can't say the Thunder don't have a formula in place. It's just about execution.
End of smallball, sure. Also the end of a ****ing gimmick team. The three point shot is artificial. It was added into the pro game by a bunch of ABA clowns desperately looking for extra attention in between dog and pony shows and used car giveaways. It was fine while people did not practice them. Added a little spice. But its a bit like Social Security. The people who originally designed the system weren't thinking of the future. And in the future the stupid little rule gimmick is eating up the rest of the game. It was only a rational thing when people struggled to hit the shot. Otherwise there's absolutely no justification for why a 23 foot shot is worth a full 50% more than a 22 foot shot. When people practice them constantly and can hit them easily, there very quickly becomes little reason to do anything else. So yes, its blatantly bad for basketball for them to become so heavily featured, because its horribly overpowered. Its like a bad DM giving his 2nd level group of players a +5 vorpal blade for killing a kobold.

But more than it being bad for basketball, its bad for US, bad for the Kings. Part of that should be obvious: they're NorCal, and despite what I always considered the embarrassing lack of pride that sees many Sacramentans worship at the Bay Area's altar -- the East Coast city to city blood feuds are much more my style (try wearing a Yankee hat in Beantown, or a Giants cap in Philly) -- even a Sacramentan used to calling the 49ers "his/hers" etc. has to recognize the damage having a great NBA power only 100 miles away does to a competing Sacto team and its fanbase, which is stripped bare of every casual fan by the Warriors bandwagon.

The other part is simply this: our owner is an idiot. THAT team, those Warriors, are a primary reason that Malone was fired. probably a primary reason Karl was hired. The more success that group of three point chucking prancing preening smallball loving pretty boys has, the more chance it influences our weakminded and inexperienced owner, and causes him to meddle again trying to recreate about the only basketball nirvana he has ever known.

So yes, I want them put down, and kicked while they are down. Its very hard under these rules though. The Warriors are that guy with 1000 hours in the online shooter, who has found the perfect camping spot to headshot everybody who comes through the door before they can respond. OKC had its unexpected chance, but choked it away. They have at least dented that aura of invincibility by drawing a line under the gimmickry, but that's not enough.

The Thunder choked the last 4 minutes, no doubt. But they had help.

Down 104-101 w/ :55 remaining, Green committed an obvious foul on Westbrook in transition when he hammered his elbow from behind causing the ball to go out of bounds. If they make the right call there, Westbrook goes to the line with a chance to close to within 1 and Green fouls out. Might have been a different game from that point. But it seemed rather obvious the officials were intent on not allowing Green to foul out of the game unless he actually kicked someone in the balls again. There were several other questionable loose ball scenarios involving Green the last few minutes, but this was the most pivotal and obvious. I just don't know how you let that play go given the circumstances. I find it hard to believe that had Curry or Thompson been fouled similarly that they still let it go. This wasn't Kobe's elbow to Bibby's nose bad, but almost.

Moving on, it's actually really puzzling how the Thunder were even in the game during the final 2 minutes when you look at the boxscore. The Warriors made 21 of 44 3pt FG's while OKC was 3 for 23. Curry and Thompson combined for 17 of 31 from 3pt range. Westbrook and Durant were 1 for 13. Durant was 10 for 31 from the field. Westbrook was 10 for 27.

How the hell were they winning most of the game?

Regardless, Durant and Westbrook made it easy on the Warriors despite how hot Thompson got in the 4th. It wouldn't have mattered had they took better care of the ball, held their composure and opted for better shots.

If the Thunder win game 7, I'll consider it one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. I just don't see any chance that they win. If they couldn't lock it up tonight carrying an 8-pt lead into the 4th and a 5-pt lead w/ 4 minutes to go, the calls are only going to get worse in the Warriors building.

Maybe I'll place a significant $$ bet AGAINST the Thunder prior to Monday night. That's probably the only shot they have of overcoming the odds.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
End of smallball, sure. Also the end of a ****ing gimmick team. The three point shot is artificial. It was added into the pro game by a bunch of ABA clowns desperately looking for extra attention in between dog and pony shows and used car giveaways. It was fine while people did not practice them. Added a little spice. But its a bit like Social Security. The people who originally designed the system weren't thinking of the future. And in the future the stupid little rule gimmick is eating up the rest of the game. It was only a rational thing when people struggled to hit the shot. Otherwise there's absolutely no justification for why a 23 foot shot is worth a full 50% more than a 22 foot shot. When people practice them constantly and can hit them easily, there very quickly becomes little reason to do anything else. So yes, its blatantly bad for basketball for them to become so heavily featured, because its horribly overpowered. Its like a bad DM giving his 2nd level group of players a +5 vorpal blade for killing a kobold.

But more than it being bad for basketball, its bad for US, bad for the Kings. Part of that should be obvious: they're NorCal, and despite what I always considered the embarrassing lack of pride that sees many Sacramentans worship at the Bay Area's altar -- the East Coast city to city blood feuds are much more my style (try wearing a Yankee hat in Beantown, or a Giants cap in Philly) -- even a Sacramentan used to calling the 49ers "his/hers" etc. has to recognize the damage having a great NBA power only 100 miles away does to a competing Sacto team and its fanbase, which is stripped bare of every casual fan by the Warriors bandwagon.

The other part is simply this: our owner is an idiot. THAT team, those Warriors, are a primary reason that Malone was fired. probably a primary reason Karl was hired. The more success that group of three point chucking prancing preening smallball loving pretty boys has, the more chance it influences our weakminded and inexperienced owner, and causes him to meddle again trying to recreate about the only basketball nirvana he has ever known.

So yes, I want them put down, and kicked while they are down. Its very hard under these rules though. The Warriors are that guy with 1000 hours in the online shooter, who has found the perfect camping spot to headshot everybody who comes through the door before they can respond. OKC had its unexpected chance, but choked it away. They have at least dented that aura of invincibility by drawing a line under the gimmickry, but that's not enough.
I can't get worked up over it too much because we won't see shooters like Klay or Steph in our lifetime anyway. For as good of a shooter Steph is, I think Klay is better and that's telling. We, nor the entire league, should be looking to try to find themselves a Klay or Steph because these are once in a generation type of shooters, plain and simple. Small ball can be mimicked to death but Golden State gets away with it because of them and I don't see teams doing so down the road, IMO.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The Thunder choked the last 4 minutes, no doubt. But they had help.

Down 104-101 w/ :55 remaining, Green committed an obvious foul on Westbrook in transition when he hammered his elbow from behind causing the ball to go out of bounds. If they make the right call there, Westbrook goes to the line with a chance to close to within 1 and Green fouls out. Might have been a different game from that point. But it seemed rather obvious the officials were intent on not allowing Green to foul out of the game unless he actually kicked someone in the balls again. There were several other questionable loose ball scenarios involving Green the last few minutes, but this was the most pivotal and obvious. I just don't know how you let that play go given the circumstances. I find it hard to believe that had Curry or Thompson been fouled similarly that they still let it go. This wasn't Kobe's elbow to Bibby's nose bad, but almost.

Moving on, it's actually really puzzling how the Thunder were even in the game during the final 2 minutes when you look at the boxscore. The Warriors made 21 of 44 3pt FG's while OKC was 3 for 23. Curry and Thompson combined for 17 of 31 from 3pt range. Westbrook and Durant were 1 for 13. Durant was 10 for 31 from the field. Westbrook was 10 for 27.

How the hell were they winning most of the game?

Regardless, Durant and Westbrook made it easy on the Warriors despite how hot Thompson got in the 4th. It wouldn't have mattered had they took better care of the ball, held their composure and opted for better shots.

If the Thunder win game 7, I'll consider it one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. I just don't see any chance that they win. If they couldn't lock it up tonight carrying an 8-pt lead into the 4th and a 5-pt lead w/ 4 minutes to go, the calls are only going to get worse in the Warriors building.

Maybe I'll place a significant $$ bet AGAINST the Thunder prior to Monday night. That's probably the only shot they have of overcoming the odds.
Durant had those shots off the curl all game long. He knocked some down and he missed some. Iguodala had some key defensive stops, so have to give him credit there. Westbrick has always been known as a streaky scorer, he can shoot you in a game and out of one. We saw that first hand. I was looking at his box score and he took 20 shots, 8-20 while having 20 points for the game. The ball should of been distributed among Ibaka, Adams and Waiters a little more, hell even Kanter. OKC had success when their big dogs were sharing the ball and getting the team involved. Also, Adams has been playing less minutes, it must be the "groin" injuries.

The Warriors style of play is a temporary facade, styles of play come and go. This is not the exception here. The formula to beat them is there, the question remains can OKC get one more in Oracle?
People said the same thing when the league transitioned from pure passingnpont guards to scoring guards. People hated the idea of a shoot first point guard.

Now with hand check fouls, teams exploited the rules and today combo guards are highly coveted.