Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunder in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I simply cannot pick. I do not want to see the Warriors win, but I think they're the only team that can beat LeBron and I really don't want to see him win.

I'm still holding out hope for the Raptors. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't get the people who aren't upset about the officiating. It doesn't matter if the officials were equally bad on both ends of the court. What matters is that they were BAD.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Besides Adams going in for a drive, I don't think I saw another play apart from Durant or Westbrook take a shot in the last 5 minutes of the game. It was a take your turn offense and it happened to work. Someone mentioned not giving in to the Warriors small ball line up. OKC could of done that when they were down by 13, but stuck with the plan and didn't cave in. I love it. Curious to see how the Warriors respond in Game 2.

Besides Adams going in for a drive, I don't think I saw another play apart from Durant or Westbrook take a shot in the last 5 minutes of the game. It was a take your turn offense and it happened to work. Someone mentioned not giving in to the Warriors small ball line up. OKC could of done that when they were down by 13, but stuck with the plan and didn't cave in. I love it. Curious to see how the Warriors respond in Game 2.
That's exactly right. Teams freak out and go small against them. The whole darn league has done it. That's why the Warriors usually run you out the gym. You can't beat them at their own style. Never understood why other teams tried to match them.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
That's exactly right. Teams freak out and go small against them. The whole darn league has done it. That's why the Warriors usually run you out the gym. You can't beat them at their own style. Never understood why other teams tried to match them.
It seems like since 1985 we have always gone small to match our opponent. Doesn't make sense to me. It's good to see that going big works. That's the direction we are in and no one can really match us except perhaps Memphis.

Which is precisely why they blow us out about every time. Some of the best shooters in history are in town? Lets see if we can out shoot them!

I only watched the last four minutes of the game, but did I see a switching defense that looked like ours last year, and it was working? Thunder weren't being denied.

Kings just got themselves one of the coaches, that has a clear understanding of this concept.

I only watched the last four minutes of the game, but did I see a switching defense that looked like ours last year, and it was working? Thunder weren't being denied.
It's easy to switch, when your smallest guy on the floor has solid SG size. Not so effective, when you fill 60 minutes of guards' play with 6'1" guys.

P.S. Everybody sees Donovan on the sidelines, but not much attention is paid to Monty Williams being right behind him. Given Pelicans struggles this year, injuries never help though, I wonder why Williams' name is never mentioned in all the coaches searches out there. And he's only 44 as well, so he's certainly not done evolving.

Last edited:
Kings just got themselves one of the coaches, that has a clear understanding of this concept.

It's easy to switch, when your smallest guy on the floor has solid SG size. Not so effective, when you fill 60 minutes of guards' play with 6'1" guys.

P.S. Everybody sees Donovan on the sidelines, but not much attention is paid to Monty Williams being right behind him. Given Pelicans struggles this year, injuries never help though, I wonder why Williams' name is never mentioned in all the coaches searches out there. And he's only 44 as well, so he's certainly not done evolving.
Not sure if you followed the Pels closely last year or the year before. If you did, you'd know why his name hasn't been mentioned. Great guy, not that great a coach.

I know, he sucks and everything, but Monty leaves, and suddenly it's Pels, who don't look all that great: Asik and Ajinca look borderline useless, and Davis doesn't look that hot for a top-10 player.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll have to go back and watch the final part of the game but I didn't see anything like what the Kings ran.

Under Karl the Kings funneled the ballhandler to the middle, trailed on the screen and sagged the big.

The Thunder had their on-ball defender fight over the screen while the big either hedged or trapped/blitzed. The Thunder were focused on not letting the ballhandler get a clean look. The Kings didn't do that well.

What was interesting to me in last nights game was that whenever Kanter had to jump out on the perimeter he struggled. Curry embarrassed him with two (I think consecutive) threes. But then they stopped going at him in the pick and roll. Donovan made the switch to always have Adams defending down low but still, the Dubs should've gotten more good outside looks from going at Kanter.

I don't have a rooting interest in this series (if pushed I'd probably say OKC) so I'm just hoping for fun games. And last night was a really fun game.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know, he sucks and everything, but Monty leaves, and suddenly it's Pels, who don't look all that great: Asik and Ajinca look borderline useless, and Davis doesn't look that hot for a top-10 player.
You do realize the Pelicans were derailed with injuries all season long to Davis, Holiday, Gordon & Evans?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Losing three of your four best players for significant periods of time isn't enough to justify a 15-win drop? Exactly how good do you think the rest of those guys are?

Well, Holiday and scrubs beat Clippers at home. Davis, Holiday, Anderson and co can outgun Thunder.
Pels finished 5-9 after Davis was shutdown for the same win% as before.
Mid-lottery team gets 10 games against really bad teams, 25 games against other mid-lottery teams, and that's already 20 wins as long as you bothered to show up, so yeah, minus 15 wins is a big fall.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
We beat the Clippers once, too. And the Thunder; hell, we beat the Thunder twice. I don't know why you would look at that as anything indicative of the ability to sustain that effort over eighty-two games.

If you look at the squad that the Pelicans put on the floor for most of the season, and you don't see why their record fell by fifteen games, the only conclusion that I can come to is that you have a way higher opinion of Jrue Holiday, and a way lower opinion of Tyreke Evans than I do.