Training camp roster/Media Day (merged)

I have to side with rainmaker on this. I'd like to read some of the posts you're referring to, since I obviously also missed them.
You keeping dodging the question.

Thus far, I can only assume your statement has no legs to stand on.
Okay. I'm not going to dig up old posts because I'm not a ****ing moron with no time. But lets not pretend the suggestions that Cousins and Rudy were like Shaq and Kobe don't exist, the entire asinine discussion surrounding IT didn't exist, complaints about McCallum when he went on his run at the end of the year didn't exist, and now these stupid criticisms of JT don't exist. It all stems from the same stupid thing.

Okay. I'm not going to dig up old posts because I'm not a ****ing moron with no time. But lets not pretend the suggestions that Cousins and Rudy were like Shaq and Kobe don't exist, the entire asinine discussion surrounding IT didn't exist, complaints about McCallum when he went on his run at the end of the year didn't exist, and now these stupid criticisms of JT don't exist. It all stems from the same stupid thing.
The argument was always that IT shouldn't be taking shots away from them by jacking up his own. Here we are talking about JT taking a couple of easy open shots, when he's ahead in transition (oh wait, remember that time our PG didn't pass him the ball?) and overall taking shots within the offense. Don't blame others just because you can't tell the difference between the two situations

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You keeping dodging the question.

Thus far, I can only assume your statement has no legs to stand on.
His statement may have no legs but when I first read it I certainly recognizd the veracity of the point he was making.
I'm not sure that you're using "veracity" correctly. Pedantic as I am, even I knew what he was alluding to, even if he was being way too hyperbolic to be taken seriously. But rainmaker is still "right" in the sense that HighFlyingMonkey cannot produce the sort of post he is describing, because they don't exist. And trust me, I know a pedant when I see a pedant.

The "problem," if you want to call it that, is that HighFlyingMonkey is conflating two sentences that really shouldn't be conflated, as demonstrated by his hyperbolic "You will find many people around these parts who think its a travesty that Rudy and Cousins each don't take 50 FGA per game and anyone else who even dares to think about putting the ball in the hole is a selfish cancer." That sentence only makes sense if you believe that

"Thomas is taking shots away from Gay and Cousins"
and
"Gay and Cousins should be taking all the shots"
mean the same thing.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure that you're using "veracity" correctly. Pedantic as I am, even I knew what he was alluding to, even if he was being way too hyperbolic to be taken seriously. But rainmaker is still "right" in the sense that HighFlyingMonkey cannot produce the sort of post he is describing, because they don't exist. And trust me, I know a pedant when I see a pedant.

The "problem," if you want to call it that, is that HighFlyingMonkey is conflating two sentences that really shouldn't be conflated, as demonstrated by his hyperbolic "You will find many people around these parts who think its a travesty that Rudy and Cousins each don't take 50 FGA per game and anyone else who even dares to think about putting the ball in the hole is a selfish cancer." That sentence only makes sense if you believe that

andmean the same thing.
I have no idea what you just said, but damm, it sure sounded good. I'm impressed! :confused:

andmean the same thing.
Without looking up the definition of pedantic, I think yours is a good post. And I'm glad you see his point even if rainmaker's post is "correct".

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I have to side with rainmaker on this. I'd like to read some of the posts you're referring to, since I obviously also missed them.
Just start reading the posts beginning with last year's preseason and go all the way through to the end of last season. It will be enlightening for you.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Without looking up the definition of pedantic, I think yours is a good post. And I'm glad you see his point even if rainmaker's post is "correct".
I mean, hey, as KingsFans.com's self-proclaimed Dean of argumentum ad dictionarium, I know how to recognize the signs. Yeah, I "see" his "point." I think his "point" is stupid and wrong but, yeah, I "see" it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It may be a mistake to wade into these waters when there's sharks lurking about, but the issue I had with shot selection last season extended to all of the "big three". DeMarcus, Rudy, and IT were all volume shooters with a good chunk of those shots coming in isolation situations. It made the offense a stagnant mess and basically guaranteed we would be stopped down the stretch of close games because a stagnant and predictable offense is easy to stop. DeMarcus and Rudy have both talked about keeping the ball moving more this season. IT has talked about proving to the world that he's an elite scoring PG. These attitudes are not compatible. I don't think IT is a poor player, just not the right fit at PG for this current group.

That also means that simply distributing Isaiah's shots throughout the back court is not going to help much. It's hard to see how DeMarcus and Rudy could possibly take more shots per game than they did last season, anyway. If that's the goal we're sunk already. Everybody needs to buy into a team concept where the shots will go to whichever player has the best opportunity to score on that possession. A lot of the time that will be DeMarcus and Rudy as they are gifted scorers and they'll be options 1 and 2 in most offensive sets by design. But if this works the way it's supposed to we won't even be talking about shot distribution at the end of the season because no one is going to notice.