There is no topic

Well here is my story, I graduated two years ago in IT for only an Associates. I didn't pursue my Bachelor's because the school I attended was a private school and you would overpay for your four year term there. Second, I was starting to lose interest close to graduating. That didn't help things. In the mean time, I've been wasting time and just trying to figure out what I actually want to do with my life (career wise). I always wager whether I should go for the money and where the job market is high or go for something that I love to do. So I'm at an impasse at the moment trying to figure out which way to go. Navy/Marines is not an option for me and I don't really have any skills/trades. I mean the most I know about is sports, if you sit me down and talk to me about Sports I can talk your ear off, but everything else is just going in and out the other side of the ear.
there is more than one way to skin a cat. don't limit yourself to these "jobs" that require a some piece of paper to justify that you are qualified as an employee. there are plenty of opportunities out there when you don't box yourself in like that. this is coming from someone who worked for public, private and self. do your due diligence and speak to people who are currently doing what you want to do. you'll be amazed at what you can learn. you might have to knock on 100 doors before you find the right one. however that one might be the one that changes your life. the feedback you get from speaking to these people will help your formulate your game plan.

i spoke with a woman yesterday. it had nothing related to do with what i'm currently involved in. somehow our conversation came upon what she was getting out of. after a good hour i got enough information to pursue another business opportunity.

there is more than one way to skin a cat. don't limit yourself to these "jobs" that require a some piece of paper to justify that you are qualified as an employee. there are plenty of opportunities out there when you don't box yourself in like that. this is coming from someone who worked for public, private and self. do your due diligence and speak to people who are currently doing what you want to do. you'll be amazed at what you can learn. you might have to knock on 100 doors before you find the right one. however that one might be the one that changes your life. the feedback you get from speaking to these people will help your formulate your game plan.

i spoke with a woman yesterday. it had nothing related to do with what i'm currently involved in. somehow our conversation came upon what she was getting out of. after a good hour i got enough information to pursue another business opportunity.
what's your profession? if you don't mind me asking,

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not sure which one sucked the most. I may have to watch them again before making my final decision.
I love bad sci-fi; always have. Some of my favorite movies are absolute dogs from the golden era of the late 50s and early 60s.

EDIT: Tonight was the premiere of Sharknado2, by the way. I follow Wil Wheaton on Twitter and he had a great running commentary. Unfortunately, it also had some spoilers. :p

I love bad sci-fi; always have. Some of my favorite movies are absolute dogs from the golden era of the late 50s and early 60s.

EDIT: Tonight was the premiere of Sharknado2, by the way. I follow Wil Wheaton on Twitter and he had a great running commentary. Unfortunately, it also had some spoilers. :p
I'll admit, I watch a lot of those "bad" sci-fi movies myself. But Sharknado (both) just didn't click with me for some reason. Not sure why. I tried extremely hard to like them. Weird part is that I have enjoyed many of their Shark-themed movies in the past.

I haven't watched any for awhile, but I love bad sci fi, too. Used to love watching Creature Features here in Sacramento every week.

One of my "bad" favorites was "The Crawling Eye."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't watched any for awhile, but I love bad sci fi, too. Used to love watching Creature Features here in Sacramento every week.

One of my "bad" favorites was "The Crawling Eye."
Yes! I was recently given a DVD copy of the film and totally enjoyed just how bad it really is all over again. :)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I wonder if anyone guessed back in 1998 that Jon Stewart was going to be the breakout star of The Faculty?
But it had Usher and Salma too. Honestly this movie has so many great folks in it top to bottom. Underappreciated gem of a flick.

I have tons of love for The Faculty. Most of the cast has managed to stay relevant, as well. In addition to those mentioned, Elijah Wood, Jordana Brewster, and Josh Hartnett are all still well known. And Clea Duvall is probably less of a name, but she always works pretty steadily.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Shawn Hatosy pops up in shows I enjoy frequently too.

And soft spots for Famke, Laura Harris and Christopher McDonald.

I'm probably due for a rewatch.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Scifi channel movies are normally so bad they are unwatchable dreck, not even fun like the old Grade Bs used to be. But I have to give the last 20min or so of Sharknado 2 credit for finally going full lunatic. Also featured the greatest marriage proposal even put to celluloid. Wish I had thought of that.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Scifi channel movies are normally so bad they are unwatchable dreck, not even fun like the old Grade Bs used to be. But I have to give the last 20min or so of Sharknado 2 credit for finally going full lunatic. Also featured the greatest marriage proposal even put to celluloid. Wish I had thought of that.
Just saw the first one yesterday at my in-law's. My mother-in-law actually bought the DVD she enjoyed it so much! :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You know, the more compromising **** that gets leaked onto the internet, the more grateful I am that I grew up in the late eighties/early nineties. I don't even want to contemplate how much I would have embarrassed myself, had smartphones existed when I was eighteen. Hell, I don't even want to imagine how much I would have embarrassed myself, had smartphones existed when I first started dating my ex-wife!

On the other hand, I do sort of lament the fact that smartphones didn't exist when Janet Jackson and Salma Hayek and Christina Applegate were twenty-one...