The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I called my first match last night. Like from spot-to-spot in the ring, no prep time and didn’t know I was doing it going in. Boss put me in with an even less experienced guy and it was up to me to make the match flow.

AND I DID IT. Got big props for passing a test he had planned going in. The most confident I’ve felt about this crazy adventure since I’ve started.

I called my first match last night. Like from spot-to-spot in the ring, no prep time and didn’t know I was doing it going in. Boss put me in with an even less experienced guy and it was up to me to make the match flow.

AND I DID IT. Got big props for passing a test he had planned going in. The most confident I’ve felt about this crazy adventure since I’ve started.
He's just preparing you for your upcoming match against a "mystery opponent"...:p:p:p

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!

Report: Vince McMahon Drafted And Signed NDAs Without WWE’s Knowledge
Vince being too cheap to pay all of the hush money he promised and thus setting the stage for his own downfall is possibly the Vince McMahon-iest way for him to go out.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
On the one hand, I guess Cody is never going to “finish his story” and I can absolutely see why the internet would be furious about that.

On the other hand, from a pure business standpoint, absolutely nothing is going to get more eyes to Wrestlemania than Roman versus the Rock AND I’m guessing TKO is hoping people are going to be too busy watching Bloodline shenanigans to focus on All the disgusting details of the Vince era that keep leaking.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
A way out of this is have Rock cost Roman the title vs. Jey (special ref?). Close the Bloodline, have Cody beat Jey to finish his story on Saturday night. Then have Roman vs. Rock as the Sunday night ME?

I don't know all the details here. I suggested this years ago to set up Rock vs. Roman, even before Cody entered the picture. It makes too much sense to close all these chapters.

Well I guess Sami never gets a run.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I despise both main champions in NXT right now. I really wish they would have pulled the switch for Trick tonight, and I cannot fathom why they used Becky Lynch to put over Lyra of all people.

Tonight’s show makes me happy I miss Tuesdays.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Wait so Tony Kahn got the founder of Stardom fired from the company? Because he wasn't letting talent go to the horrifically mis-booked AEW female division?

I hope I am alive to read the books they write about AEW after he buries it.

Still watching Vengeance Day, though got SLAB's spoilers. I don't mind Lyra but the booking of that match was dumb. I'm team Blair so that's all I will say.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
well the main event finish is kind of what I figured would happen for weeks now
no reason it couldn't have happened after a title change though, would have made more sense

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

All the AEW stans were insisting this was the reason he was let go and why TK was taking a victory lap and here we have the unofficial AEW Press Secretary saying it wasn't... interesting.

It sucks because I still like what AEW has built and if someone competent came along to run it it won't suffer the fate of WCW.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I meant to ask about Ava, I must have missed a few weeks of NXT between Schism disbanding and Regal walking out of the meeting and telling Ava she was GM.

What exactly is the kayfabe rationale behind someone who was like second in command of a cult becoming the GM of NXT?

I meant to ask about Ava, I must have missed a few weeks of NXT between Schism disbanding and Regal walking out of the meeting and telling Ava she was GM.

What exactly is the kayfabe rationale behind someone who was like second in command of a cult becoming the GM of NXT?
I'm not sure if there was one. They just started showing her hanging out in front of Shawn's office and, the next thing you know, she's the general manager.
No kayfabe reason has been given.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I vaguely remember Paul Heyman talking about how he "advised" Ava to make a connection with HBK but I can't remember if that was kayfabe Paul or businessman Paul and I'm pretty sure he only said it because someone showed him the clip of them talking.