Rondo suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Actually, you misread it yourself. I said Silver can do whatever he wants, meaning no one is trying to hold him responsible. Though not everyone will agree with his actions. I'm surprise you are still figuring this out.

You deny that you trying to convince others of your own version of correctness, yet you keep doing it. At the same time, you are failing to comprehend a simple idea. The point is, I believe punishments should be based on similar previous incidents. What you can't accept is, not everyone will agree with your version. You keep trying to say other people made an error, yet you can't even admit that you are trying to sell your opinion as correct.

The NBA has a history of issuing unequal punishments for the same offense and it's got nothing to do with a new commissioner or a change of times in this case. Joakim Noah also used homophobic slurs at a fan during the same season as Kobe but only got a $50k fine. Noah said it to a fan, but if it's inappropriate to use it on one human being, it shouldn't be more tolerable to use on another. Laker fans and LA sports show hosts discussed it for a while as to why Kobe was unfairly fined double.

There hasn't been any significant changes since Kobe's incident even though you are trying to grossly dramatize it. If there was something significant that occurred that would affect how Rondo's case should be handled, then it should be considered. But unfortunately there hasn't been and you are basically trying to justify the discrepancy in punishment as if something significant did happen.

Look, you mentioned Tim Donaghy as one of your main sources from which you made your interpretation as fact. That was a wrong move, but don't backtrack as if you didn't believe him now. If I were you, I would be calling this an "error". But it's ok because it's your choice who you want to believe. I'm sure you understand that none of these people have said that they know Rondo knew Kennedy is gay for sure. I don't know which fifteen people you are talking about, but most reports that I've read said some people knew and it wasn't a big secret without mentioning whether they knew for a fact that Rondo knows. It's just all assumptions and you are going all in on it.
Your wasting your time. I gave up a long time ago trying to have a discussion with Mr. Citrus. Once he circle's the wagons, which he will do as a reflex action, you might as well pack it in and go home. He will never change his mind, and will argue with you until hell freezes over. For me, it's just a big waste of time.

As far as the Rondo statement, and the punishment, I'm fine with it. Rondo said he was sorry, and as far as him being sorry about what he said, I believe him. That my friends is an entirely different thing than being sorry about what you believe in your heart of hearts. But he wasn't asked to apologize about what he believed, only about what he said. There are a lot of Christian people that read the bible that don't agree with the gay lifestyle, but at the same time respect the rights of those people, and therefore treat them with the respect that any person deserves. By the same token, I respect Rondo's right to believe what ever he wants. However, when he expresses what he may or may not believe verbally in a public forum, in a very distasteful way, he has to suffer the consequences of that action.

In my opinion, his punishment is adequate. Especially when you consider all the bad PR he's having to endure. I'm sure some will disagree. That's life! I watch Rondo play because of his basketball skills, not because of his personal beliefs. Not that I won't draw a line in the sand somewhere. I have one, but Rondo has yet to cross it. But that's me! Everyone has their own value system and far be it for me to impose mine on anyone. Nor will I argue with anyone about it. None of their damm business.

Your wasting your time. I gave up a long time ago trying to have a discussion with Mr. Citrus. Once he circle's the wagons, which he will do as a reflex action, you might as well pack it in and go home. He will never change his mind, and will argue with you until hell freezes over. For me, it's just a big waste of time.

As far as the Rondo statement, and the punishment, I'm fine with it. Rondo said he was sorry, and as far as him being sorry about what he said, I believe him. That my friends is an entirely different thing than being sorry about what you believe in your heart of hearts. But he wasn't asked to apologize about what he believed, only about what he said. There are a lot of Christian people that read the bible that don't agree with the gay lifestyle, but at the same time respect the rights of those people, and therefore treat them with the respect that any person deserves. By the same token, I respect Rondo's right to believe what ever he wants. However, when he expresses what he may or may not believe verbally in a public forum, in a very distasteful way, he has to suffer the consequences of that action.

In my opinion, his punishment is adequate. Especially when you consider all the bad PR he's having to endure. I'm sure some will disagree. That's life! I watch Rondo play because of his basketball skills, not because of his personal beliefs. Not that I won't draw a line in the sand somewhere. I have one, but Rondo has yet to cross it. But that's me! Everyone has their own value system and far be it for me to impose mine on anyone. Nor will I argue with anyone about it. None of their damm business.
Great post and I couldn't agree more!

You are probably right. I did notice that he was saying anything just to argue on some of the points.

I've got no issues with Rondo's punishment as well. My point was that the amount of bad press and negative portrayal by the media was excessive and I hope the NBA can have a more consistent punishment system. Citrus thinks is wrong to believe that.

Believe me, I've tried telling Citrus that those are my opinions and I don't care about what he believes. Just don't keep trying to impose it on others, but he just kept going.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You are probably right. I did notice that he was saying anything just to argue on some of the points.

I've got no issues with Rondo's punishment as well. My point was that the amount of bad press and negative portrayal by the media was excessive and I hope the NBA can have a more consistent punishment system. Citrus thinks is wrong to believe that.

Believe me, I've tried telling Citrus that those are my opinions and I don't care about what he believes. Just don't keep trying to impose it on others, but he just kept going.
And so did you. Either could have chosen to stop - sparing the vast majority of us who simply didn't care - but neither chose to do so.

At this point, if this thread is going to become about personal opinions of other posters, it's ended its life. I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.