Poll: Who Do You Want As Our Next Head Coach?

Who do you want as our next head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we NEED to get our hands in that indian market. that's should be objective #1. our coaching search begins and ends with vivek. he has experience winning championship.

What he's talking about in the How To Win At Anything clip is full court pressing little girls who lack the strength to make the passes necessary to break it.

He's talking with a fair amount of glee of how he won by humiliating little girls over and over again.

So, there's that.

Last edited:
we NEED to get our hands in that indian market. that's should be objective #1. our coaching search begins and ends with vivek. he has experience winning championship.

Jesus this guy is taking ALL the credit for his team's performance. This guy is delusional on an epic scale. Just listening to him talk makes me believe all the stories about him are really true.

"I ended up winning. I ended up taking my team to the championship. I I I I I I I I I I"

Actively wanted to be here. That window may have closed. I haven't heard anything recently suggest that either the front office is interested or that Karl wasn't pissed of by the non-response earlier.
According to one of the passengers on the recent (and infamous) bus ride, Pete asked them, "Who SAYS I don't want Karl?" I personally don't believe he's in charge of much anything, but it does seem to indicate that they haven't definitively ruled Karl out.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
According to one of the passengers on the recent (and infamous) bus ride, Pete asked them, "Who SAYS I don't want Karl?" I personally don't believe he's in charge of much anything, but it does seem to indicate that they haven't definitively ruled Karl out.
Except we wait until summertime when more positions open up around the league and we may end up with Corbin as head coach again.....

Look im sure if Thibs was fired 100% of us would want him here ASAP. But in the words of Wade Barrett if you think our FO would hire Thibs "Then I'm afraid I got some bad news"

Warhawk

Staff member
After hand-picking Malone and then firing him and keeping Corbin even with the **** record we have now, what indication do we have that they will be able to get ANY big-name coach to work here? They seem to want a coach they can "control" - none of the good coaches (Karl, McMillan, Tibs, etc.) will be amenable to this. So what is the result? Either we are able to hire a good coach (if any are left this summer after the "good" jobs are gone) who ultimately gets fired like Malone did, or we get someone like Corbin who apparently has it in his contract to discuss "pace" after every loss. I have a bad feeling that not grabbing Karl when Malone was canned is going to be another SERIOUS mistake.....

Except we wait until summertime when more positions open up around the league and we may end up with Corbin as head coach again.....
While I have no faith in their judgement, I do trust their self-interest. As long as public pressure continues to mount, greed and survival instinct may keep them from bringing back Corbin.

Warhawk

Staff member
While I have no faith in their judgement, I do trust their self-interest. As long as public pressure continues to mount, greed and survival instinct may keep them from bringing back Corbin.
And replace him with who? Vaughn? VDN? Why would Karl come here this summer if Cleveland opens up, for example?

At this point I have no faith in their ability to hire and retain a quality coach, given their decisions this year so far.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Scott Brooks actually does get fired, you would have to bounce him way up the list because of this: he might come. He's a local boy. Was an assistant here years ago.

JVG ain't coming.
Thibs ain't coming.

Pro coach coaches aren't going to come into what is now viewed as the snake's den for coaches.

But the local boy might.

Now nothing on his resume suggests he would know what to do with a big with a postup game. And he's certainly not going to embrace more front office communist stupidity with everybody touching it and yay! It would be iso ball. Hopefully he's flexible enough to get Cuz in his spots. But whatever type ball it is, he's the guy who's been to the Finals, coached numerous 60win teams. People can try to claim he sucks...but that only applies if you think the Thunder would win 70 if he weren't there.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Scott Brooks was the favorite of a lot of people, including most of the players, to take the slot left vacant when Adelman's contract wasn't extended. He was well thought of on both sides of the aisle at Arco. A lot of the stuff he did never made the news, but I know for a fact the team as a whole was very disappointed he did not get the nod.

As far as knowing what to do with a talented big like Cousins, I think he learned a lot at the feet of the master that he could call upon.

Add in all the experience he's had in the league since leaving Sacramento, and I do not think he'd be a bad choice.

Scott Brooks was the favorite of a lot of people, including most of the players, to take the slot left vacant when Adelman's contract wasn't extended. He was well thought of on both sides of the aisle at Arco. A lot of the stuff he did never made the news, but I know for a fact the team as a whole was very disappointed he did not get the nod.

As far as knowing what to do with a talented big like Cousins, I think he learned a lot at the feet of the master that he could call upon.

Add in all the experience he's had in the league since leaving Sacramento, and I do not think he'd be a bad choice.
This is all hyp0thetical right? Scott Brooks is currently employed and not able to just leave his contract to come coach for the Kings, am I right?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is all hyp0thetical right? Scott Brooks is currently employed and not able to just leave his contract to come coach for the Kings, am I right?
Biggest rumor around the league is that Brooks is gone unless the Thunder make some noise in the playoffs. Currently, his team is in 10th place.

Biggest rumor around the league is that Brooks is gone unless the Thunder make some noise in the playoffs. Currently, his team is in 10th place.
Well hot damn I didn't know that. I'd actually LOVE to have Scotty Brooks back here. Maybe the FO was taking a gamble on that... and they're confident they'll be able to woo him. And frankly, that would redeem this mess for me. It really would. Brooks is a fine coach. And the fact the Thunder haven't gone further in the playoffs I think is more due to the fact that they can't play lock down D. Ibaka is great for blocks, but their overall defense isn't top tier in playoff basketball, and I think Presti's personnel decisions are a factor there.

I'll take Brooks. In fact I might've taken Brooks over Malone had we had the choice.

I would love to have Scotty Brooks coach the Kings.

One big problem!?!?

He demands his team play defense! That may be a big problem for the FO. :eek:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Psst...Brooks was an assistant for Musselman. :)

Was he on Rick's staff too?

If memory serves me correct, he joined Musselman's staff after serving as George Karl's head assistant for a few seasons in Denver. So maybe that's enough paceyness to pass PDA's criteria.
Looking at his days in OKC, the paceyness hasn't really translated :p

I think Brooks would be an upgrade but I do question some of his late game coaching. Still a huge upgrade on what we have.