Play-in games discussion

I honestly hate facing the Warriors in a sudden-death game. In part, it's because of their future Hall of Famers who, although past their prime, still can turn it on, especially in the clutch. But I do think we are the better team, and if our guys play their game and come out aggressive, they can do it. but the one thing they can't do is let the game get close down the stretch. Even if the Warriors have trouble sealing the deal, the refs are not going to let us take a close one.

I honestly hate facing the Warriors in a sudden-death game. In part, it's because of their future Hall of Famers who, although past their prime, still can turn it on, especially in the clutch. But I do think we are the better team, and if our guys play their game and come out aggressive, they can do it. But the one thing they can't do is let the game get close down the stretch. Even if the Warriors have trouble sealing the deal, the refs are not going to let us take a close one.
Also, if it comes down to the last few seconds, I would have more confidence in Steve Kerr drawing up a game-winning play than I would Mike Brown and Jay Triano.

Really curious how refs call this one. Soft whistle really benefits Warriors I think. If it's a physical game, Kings benefit. Will be crucial Kings main guys to stay out of foul trouble - less important for Warriors outside of Curry to stay out of foul trouble, since their "others" are really interchangeable.

Really curious how refs call this one. Soft whistle really benefits Warriors I think. If it's a physical game, Kings benefit. Will be crucial Kings main guys to stay out of foul trouble - less important for Warriors outside of Curry to stay out of foul trouble, since their "others" are really interchangeable.
NBA has been signalling they're okay with physicality. Remains to be seen if that holds true against GSW

NBA has been signalling they're okay with physicality. Remains to be seen if that holds true against GSW.
Playoffs are typically more physical, and the refs allow it. That is the main reason Coach Brown preached "physicality" starting in training camp up to the very end. (I doubt he ever expected to fall to ninth place.) But watch how many times Steph falls backwards on a three-pointer as if he were fouled, and see if he can sell it. Or how quickly Keon Ellis picks up his second foul. That will give the players a good guide as to how the game will be refereed.

General question for you all, because I can't seem to find anything that provides a definite answer...

Are play-in games counted in overall postseason W-L record? Or, is it actually not recorded/counted? Or is it now it's own category?