[NBA Playoffs] First round games open thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how Deron Williams has gone from one of top 2-3 PGs in NBA not long ago to more like 15-20 if that. I recall when it was huge draft day debate ten years ago if Utah was going to take him or Chris Paul and we know what happened with Jazz taking Williams, very next pick New Orleans taking Paul. Deron Williams was MIA tonight costing Brooklyn game they could have stole if he would have played even half decent instead of 2 pts total on 1-7 and his last wide open 12 foot miss sealing defeat in Atlanta,
It's sad what injuries can do to a player. I wouldn't be shocked if he was playing 1/2 healthy. He's also getting older. His days are behind him

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Well Carlisle doesn't use Rondo correctly at all. Trading for him and then slowing it down and calling every play is just stupid on the Mavs part.

However, Rondo's inability to ever develop a jumper hasn't helped, and he's got an attitude when things go south. Mavs roster doesn't fit him though, need better off the ball shooters.

A bad fit all around. Thought it'd be better.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, let me get this straight, Draymond Green gets the most first-place votes for DPOY, but Kawhi Leonard wins the award with the most total points, because some voters left Green off their ballots entirely?

****, man... and just when I was thinking that the Pelicans had a chance tonight. The last thing they needed was an extra-motivated Draymond Green.

It seems that the refs have decided the 3 second rule doesn't apply to Bogut.

I would also suggest the Pels not try getting into a 3 point shootout with the Warriors, but apparently they feel otherwise.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
When Evans gets going, he's basically unstoppable. The only real concern is that, when he gets going, he also has a tendency to take the ball out of his teammates' hands. And, when the best player on your team relies on his guards to put the ball in his hands, that is a Very Bad Thing.

I'm not convinced that Asik is going to help the Pelicans in this particular series. He hasn't been doing on a good job on either glass and offensively he's a liability. Unfortunately, the next best option is Ajinca who also isn't a good rebounder. Pels definitely need to look into improving their big man depth this offseason.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm not convinced that Asik is going to help the Pelicans in this particular series. He hasn't been doing on a good job on either glass and offensively he's a liability. Unfortunately, the next best option is Ajinca who also isn't a good rebounder. Pels definitely need to look into improving their big man depth this offseason.
Asik can't play in this series, and that's all there is to it. Every time he's in the game, Golden State goes HAM. Loathe as I am to say it, New Orleans' only shot is to go small.

Status
Not open for further replies.