[NBA] NBA Playoffs first round

K

KingMilz

Finally some exciting playoff games crazy game in particular in Boston. Millsap shot blocking this season has been unbelievable and Marcus Smart's defense down the stretch against Millsap was amazing.

https://streamable.com/kbn9

"Thats ****ing bull****, ****ing p***y!" -Draymond Green to the officials tonight.

no technical by the way...

This guy gets away with murder on a nightly basis. Meanwhile Cousins breaths aggressively and he's T'd up. Such bs.
The amount of blatant favoritism in the NBA is unbearable to watch.

The way that ref literally ran away from Draymond instead of looking right at him or following him or instigating a confrontation is disgusting to see when compared to how refs treat Demarcus (and Rajon, for that matter).

The amount of blatant favoritism in the NBA is unbearable to watch.

The way that ref literally ran away from Draymond instead of looking right at him or following him or instigating a confrontation is disgusting to see when compared to how refs treat Demarcus (and Rajon, for that matter).
You really are clueless. It's obvious that the ref can't hear a thing he's saying. Have you ever been to an NBA playoff game before? You can barely hear your own voice in the arena at times. He's running away from him because he's taking his position at the baseline. And you making excuses for DMC and Rajon is disgusting. You're defending a guy who made a pretty nasty hate slur to a referee earlier this year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
you have got to be kidding me. First Paul is out for the playoffs and now I see that Blake is too. what the hell is going on...and I thought the Kings were a cursed franchise, unreal. o_O

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
At this point, Golden State in the playoffs is starting to look like Charlie Sheen's character from Two and a Half Men: they just keep falling upwards.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
you have got to be kidding me. First Paul is out for the playoffs and now I see that Blake is too. what the hell is going on...and I thought the Kings were a cursed franchise, unreal. o_O
I have absolute faith the Clips would have folded up like a lawn chair sooner rather than later anyway, it's who they are. But the team that just got lucky if they can take BIG advantage is Portland. Take out the damaged, gutless Clipps quick and then you can try to peel off some easier games against Warriors if they do advance or better yet face a pathetic Houston if some how they can capitalize on Curry's injury.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have absolute faith the Clips would have folded up like a lawn chair sooner rather than later anyway, it's who they are. But the team that just got lucky if they can take BIG advantage is Portland. Take out the damaged, gutless Clipps quick and then you can try to peel off some easier games against Warriors if they do advance or better yet face a pathetic Houston if some how they can capitalize on Curry's injury.
Houston is going home tomorrow, they are mentally weak and don't have it in them to win IMO. I'd rather see Clippers vs Warriors, but who knows how it's going to play out now.

Didn't Lillard drop 50 in a 30-point Portland victory this year? One game, sure, but... could be interesting, especially if Steph is banged up

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
yeah, no real injury concerns for them or anything. o_O
The Warriors' injury concerns are the same as they always was. But, that doesn't change the fact that, in a little more than twenty-four hours, they went from having their title defense in jeopardy, to basically having a free pass back to the western conference finals. The Clippers have no chance without Paul and Griffin; Portland is one of two playoff teams in the west that I don't think could beat Golden State in a seven-game series without Curry, even if they were at full strength (and they're playing the other team right now).

So yeah, Golden State fell upwards, in my opinion. Twenty-four hours before I made that post, I didn't think there was any way that they could make it out of the second round. Now, I don't think that there's any way they don't.

The Warriors' injury concerns are the same as they always was. But, that doesn't change the fact that, in a little more than twenty-four hours, they went from having their title defense in jeopardy, to basically having a free pass back to the western conference finals. The Clippers have no chance without Paul and Griffin; Portland is one of two playoff teams in the west that I don't think could beat Golden State in a seven-game series without Curry, even if they were at full strength (and they're playing the other team right now).

So yeah, Golden State fell upwards, in my opinion. Twenty-four hours before I made that post, I didn't think there was any way that they could make it out of the second round. Now, I don't think that there's any way they don't.
saying they *keep* falling upwards sounds to me like they've had nothing but good luck recently. I don't think most Warriors fans (or neutral observers, for that matter) would agree with that assessment. pretty sure the Warriors would gladly play a Clippers team at full strength, if they got a healthy Curry back in exchange. it's not like the Clippers ever beat them (whereas PDX is one of only three WC playoff teams that managed to do so).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
saying they *keep* falling upwards sounds to me like they've had nothing but good luck recently. I don't think most Warriors fans (or neutral observers, for that matter) would agree with that assessment. pretty sure the Warriors would gladly play a Clippers team at full strength, if they got a healthy Curry back in exchange. it's not like the Clippers ever beat them (whereas PDX is one of only three WC playoff teams that managed to do so).
First of All™, I don't think that there are three people outside of Oregon who actually believe that that one win that Portland got against the Warriors during the regular season means that the Trailblazers are better equipped or more likely to beat the Warriors in a seven-game series than the Clippers at full strength. Second of all, In the original post in question, I said:
At this point, Golden State in the playoffs is starting to look like Charlie Sheen's character from Two and a Half Men: they just keep falling upwards.
The pertinent part of that quote was "in the playoffs." In their last five playoff series, Golden State played four injury-depleted teams in a row, and this round, they've got the SAWFT, heartless Rockets. And now, even after sustaining an injury to the one player that they couldn't afford to get injured if they wanted to defend their title, they have inexplicably and improbably fallen into a situation where they will get a favorable matchup in the second round, despite the fact that, forty-eight hours ago, the idea of them having a favorable matchup against anybody without Curry was inconceivable.

There are two teams in the western playoffs that Golden State could have beaten without Curry, if that team was at full strength. They're already playing one of them, and that is a testament to their performance during the regular season. The only way that the other one could have made it out of the first round is if exactly what happened to their first round opponents happened to them. The Warriors getting the Rockets in the first round is credit to them, and their hard work. The Warriors getting the Trailblazers in the second round is luck. It's nothing but luck; they've suffered what is, AFAWK, a temporary injury to their star player, and have somehow ended up in a better position than when they started; how is that anything other than falling upwards?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Meh. I'm torn between my desire to always root for all big market teams to fail, and my complete antipathy towards Spencer Hawes.

Also, and this may just be my own personal pet peeve, but it infuriates me to hear them talk about this team like they were the original Charlotte Hornets: first road playoff win since 2002, my ass! This team didn't exist in 2002!

First of All™, I don't think that there are three people outside of Oregon who actually believe that that one win that Portland got against the Warriors during the regular season means that the Trailblazers are better equipped or more likely to beat the Warriors in a seven-game series than the Clippers at full strength. Second of all, In the original post in question, I said:

The pertinent part of that quote was "in the playoffs." In their last five playoff series, Golden State played four injury-depleted teams in a row, and this round, they've got the SAWFT, heartless Rockets. And now, even after sustaining an injury to the one player that they couldn't afford to get injured if they wanted to defend their title, they have inexplicably and improbably fallen into a situation where they will get a favorable matchup in the second round, despite the fact that, forty-eight hours ago, the idea of them having a favorable matchup against anybody without Curry was inconceivable.

There are two teams in the western playoffs that Golden State could have beaten without Curry, if that team was at full strength. They're already playing one of them, and that is a testament to their performance during the regular season. The only way that the other one could have made it out of the first round is if exactly what happened to their first round opponents happened to them. The Warriors getting the Rockets in the first round is credit to them, and their hard work. The Warriors getting the Trailblazers in the second round is luck. It's nothing but luck; they've suffered what is, AFAWK, a temporary injury to their star player, and have somehow ended up in a better position than when they started; how is that anything other than falling upwards?
they lost the best and most impactful player in the league for an, as of yet, unknown amount of time. they did so in the playoffs. saying they've gotten lucky...sheesh. I know you can't be objective about the Warriors and I also know it was dumb to even initiate any discussion about this. bowing out of this one.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
As far as anyone knows, or at least is willing to say, "an, as of yet, unknown amount of time" is a couple of weeks. Thus far, they've gotten every possible break in the playoffs, over their last six series. IF Curry is unavailable for the WCF, then that'll mean that their luck will have run out, but it hasn't yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Discussion of Rudy Gay and the Rockets has been moved to a separate thread in the Personnel Moves forum.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Blazers are fun to watch but I don't think they'll win more than 2 vs. Golden State. I wouldn't mind being wrong. See plenty of GS jerseys up here and I'm just like "where are you people coming from?!?"

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Blazers go from revamping their entire starting unit sans Lillard and make it to the second round...laugh out loud. Talk about rebuilding on the fly, I know...the West is weaker than it has been for quite some time, but you got to give them credit where its due. They went from being thought as a lottery team, then potentially only the 8th seed and managed to make it to the 5th seed. They can definitely thank Memphis, Dallas and Houston for that, Utah included.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looks like Atlanta has totally figured out how to shut IT down...and the Celtics have no idea what to do about it.