[NBA] NBA Playoffs first round

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Discuss the first round of the playoffs here: if any one series generates enough discussion, it will be splintered off into its own thread, but we're not going to operate from the premise of every series needs its own thread, only to end up with 4-6 three-post threads.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Looking forward to the Blazers (I'll be honest, they won me over a bit this year, though Kings will always have my heart, but I hope they crush the Clippers) and Boston.

K

KingMilz

Looking forward to Indiana vs Toronto and Portland vs Clippers the most, I been on the Indy bandwagon since the start of the year and hope they make the 2nd round while the Raps choke again,

I'm really hoping the Pacers can beat the Raps down so they fire Casey and we jump in and sign him.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to Indiana vs Toronto and Portland vs Clippers the most, I been on the Indy bandwagon since the start of the year and hope they make the 2nd round while the Raps choke again,

I'm really hoping the Pacers can beat the Raps down so they fire Casey and we jump in and sign him.
Casey is staying regardless of the first round outcome for Toronto

K

KingMilz

PG13 huge game and Myles Turner playoff debut 10points 5 boards and 5 blocks and played in crunch time due to all the other Indy bigs playing like crap.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Glad to see the Pacers take game 1. I've always had a warm spot in my heart for Indiana.

Possibly no Steph Curry for the Warriors in game 2? That could prove interesting...

In other news, #GoHawks

And in still other news, #GoTornado...I really don't like the Mavericks or the Thunder. :p

K

KingMilz

Avery Bradley looks like he's gone for the rest of the year he could barely walk after hearing a pop in his hamstring, Boston had a great comeback but to much Al Horford and Jeff Teague while Mike Scott makes his annual WTF he can't miss performances in the playoffs. Aside from Portland/Clippers there is not another interesting series in the West while to me every East series has some type of drama to it, I even think the Pistons could cause the Cavs a couple issues.

K

KingMilz

Pistons are not a easy team to play against they grind hard, they had chances to win the game (or at least have a lead in the last 2-3 mins) but lost there composure and Cavs showed there experience. Despite Harris/Jackson playing like crap they were still in it and Stanley Johnson for a 19 year is as physical as they come dude was banging with LeBron like it was nothing I think his future is going to be very good..

22 year old Drummond may be a major problem for the Pistons. A historically bad FT shooter and like Cousins has troubles to close out to the 3 pt line and to guard the pick&roll. As Tyrone Lue I would put Love at center everytime I'm in the penalty and trade a Lebron+Love pick&roll versus a hack-a-Drummond on the other side, if he gets deep post position on Love. Obviously a cheap tactic, but Drummond has major holes in his game any competent coach should exploit to the fullest.

Stanley Johnson really brought his A+++ game yesterday. Very mature and fearless for a 19 year old. But in the end the switches on the pick&roll, that caused Jackson to guard Lebron just killed the Pistons. Jackson did a good job on D, but the ref's allow Lebron to dish out so much contact it's simply too much to overcome for such a "small" player.
It's got to be really interesting how this plays out during the series. I would expect Stan to come out with some kind of adjustment.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Be nice if the Rockets could steal this one on several levels, not least of which would be it delaying Houston's entry into the coach sweepstakes, and maybe eliminating it altogether if they get credit for putting up a fight and the credit flows to their coach.

K

KingMilz

We had a discussion earlier in a Rajon Rondo thread about if Rick Carlise is a elite coach and what he's done this year and the fact they just beat OKC on there home floor WITHOUT Parsons/Deron (got injured only played half the game)/JJ Barea/David Lee and they got Wes on one leg he's as elite as it gets. The guy is winning games with Justin Anderson (PJ Tucker 2.0 with way more athletic ability), Dwight Powell, Selah Mejri (Tunisian Gobert) and he's revived Raymond Feltons career, a banged up Devin Harris.

People also forget they could have beat the Spurs when they won a title if it were not for Dejuan Blair (who shockingly was dominating the Spurs in a crucial game) idiotically kicking one of the Spurs players on the floor and getting ejected and they lost 4-3 to a Spurs team that rampaged over the Miami Big 3 with a past prime Dirk and Monta Ellis as there two best players.