[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suns looked unstoppable with KD and Booker out there together but have looked like lunchmeat since the moment they took Durant out.
Yeah their bench doesn't have much scoring wise, the defense is pretty OK though. This is basically the pressure I think the Kings need to be playing.

So far, Booker and Durant have accounted for 13 of the Suns 19 shots, lol. I totally the respect the giving into what you are by Vogel. I mean, that distribution is about as superteam as you get.

Yeah, this is two bench units trying to find themselves but this is what the game has come to. Just throwing crap up and seeing if it sticks. smh.

Moody looks like he’ll turn out to be a pretty solid role player. I thought he looked good in the playoffs last season vs Kings and Lakers. I was thinking he would bust but seems he can hit the three ball and make a defensive impact with his length as believed when he was drafted.

The Suns know who they are. Just try and find those 3-5 minute runs and bury teams. Health and the bench, those are the issues. Stay smart and don't try to world beat the regular season if you're them.

I don't think KOC said anything that was wrong in this clip. This is what happens when all eyes are on you and you play terrible in the playoffs. I really don't care about the health excuses.. lots of players were banged up. At the end of the day, your stars are supposed to step up during the playoffs and turn it up an entire level. We didn't get that from Sabonis.. the guy some people + local media tried to argue should've been in the MVP race.

Sabonis- 7games: 16.4pts 11rebs 4.7asts 49.5/20/57.1
Jokic- 20 games: 30pts 13.5rebs 9.5asts 54.8/46.1/79.9

What a big difference between a true MVP candidate and Sabonis.

When you're a star in this league, there are going to be big expectations for you every night. This isn't an anti-sacramento thing either. The media is hard on anyone who disappears in the playoffs. The only reason why no one has really called out Sabonis on his poor play is because we aren't seen as contenders. Imagine if Booker or Tatum put up these numbers, they would have been flamed by the media and fans during the entire offseason.
So Sabonis isn't as good as Joker? Check and mate.

So, that's 9-0 in the regular season now dating back to last season when Durant plays. Wish it wasn't so obviously the refs letting the Dubs back in during the 3rd but Warriors lose, Suns looked less than dominant. Best way for a Kings fan, lol.

Elite game from Booker. He did a good job carrying the offense down the stretch and making creating opportunities for his teammates. They don't have a traditional PG, but I don't think not having one will affect them that much if they're healthy. Having Beal in the game would take a lot of pressure off of Booker because he's also a good ball handler and passer. I think Nurkic and KD are both underrated playmakers.

If anything, having a PG on the team would probably be better for the bench unit.

Elite game from Booker. He did a good job carrying the offense down the stretch and making creating opportunities for his teammates. They don't have a traditional PG, but I don't think not having one will affect them that much if they're healthy. Having Beal in the game would take a lot of pressure off of Booker because he's also a good ball handler and passer. I think Nurkic and KD are both underrated playmakers.

If anything, having a PG on the team would probably be better for the bench unit.
The way of most super teams is you just rotate pick and roll and that's what the Suns are certainly doing right now. I was impressed with the defense of their bench. If Keegan pans out I wouldn't mind Monte looking at stealing one of the Suns bench wing/bigs.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
People really thought Wemby might not be an immediate difference maker. The only thing that will hold that man back is health.

Status
Not open for further replies.