[Game] Kings vs. Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 PM PDT/10:00 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's an absolute privilege to watch Domantas Sabonis play the game. He personifies indomitable will on the floor. He could get a double double after walking away from a major car crash. Tonight he looked like he did just that.

If you want to see an extremely good performance by Fox, throw out the 30-shot-a-game performances and watch this incredibly good game on only 18 shots. He did a little of everything in this game at an elite level. His D was fantastic. His hustle was great. He had some excellent passes. Eight rebounds. THIS is the Fox I want to see. He only shot one contested 3 for the entire night.

Mitchell has proven himself to be a very valuable player on this team. He's not a throw-in on a trade any more as far as I am concerned. He continues with his consistently good performances as a backup point guard on this team. His positive impact on tonight's game was very evident with his defense, his outside shooting and his drives to the basket.

Murray was as aggressive as I could want in this game. I don't care if he was missing some shots in the 2nd half. He must continue to play with this aggression.

All in all, it was an extremely good performance by this Kings team.

Davion and Keon, and committing to Len over Javale have changed the trajectory of this season. Them being passable (and actually good!) on offense and allowing them to stay on the floor and get their defense with our core just makes us a totally different club. Davion now at 39% from 3 (albeit 49 attempts) the last 2 months, but is rocking a 64% TS last month and 65.9% TS this month. Even though his USG is tiny, him being so efficient on his limited shots is so dang valuable. And exactly what we've been looking for from him.

Len in this 10-12 MPG role is perfect. Gets to come in, rebound, be very efficient at the rim and challenge a bunch of shots with his size. I can't remember a game since he's rejoined the rotation where we could just pick him out as having a "horrid" stint.

When Lyles gets back, you just insert him in Duarte's slot and that becomes your 9 man playoff rotation.

Fox
Keon
HB
Keegan
Domas

Davion
Monk
Lyles
Len

It's an absolute privilege to watch Domantas Sabonis play the game. He personifies indomitable will on the floor. He could get a double double after walking away from a major car crash. Tonight he looked like he did just that.

If you want to see an extremely good performance by Fox, throw out the 30-shot-a-game performances and watch this incredibly good game on only 18 shots. He did a little of everything in this game at an elite level. His D was fantastic. His hustle was great. He had some excellent passes. Eight rebounds. THIS is the Fox I want to see. He only shot one contested 3 for the entire night.

Mitchell has proven himself to be a very valuable player on this team. He's not a throw-in on a trade any more as far as I am concerned. He continues with his consistently good performances as a backup point guard on this team. His positive impact on tonight's game was very evident with his defense, his outside shooting and his drives to the basket.

Murray was as aggressive as I could want in this game. I don't care if he was missing some shots in the 2nd half. He must continue to play with this aggression.

All in all, it was an extremely good performance by this Kings team.
I've been eating a crow watching Mitchell exceed my expectations after the trade. His layup has been money, the most consistent of the roster, and never seen him blocked despite his size not to mention his other contributions.

Tonight, Len was a difference maker helping the lead to extend over 20 and keep it. It's good to have someone who can intimidate under the basket.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Davion and Keon, and committing to Len over Javale have changed the trajectory of this season. Them being passable (and actually good!) on offense and allowing them to stay on the floor and get their defense with our core just makes us a totally different club. Davion now at 39% from 3 (albeit 49 attempts) the last 2 months, but is rocking a 64% TS last month and 65.9% TS this month. Even though his USG is tiny, him being so efficient on his limited shots is so dang valuable. And exactly what we've been looking for from him.

Len in this 10-12 MPG role is perfect. Gets to come in, rebound, be very efficient at the rim and challenge a bunch of shots with his size. I can't remember a game since he's rejoined the rotation where we could just pick him out as having a "horrid" stint.

When Lyles gets back, you just insert him in Duarte's slot and that becomes your 9 man playoff rotation.

Fox
Keon
HB
Keegan
Domas

Davion
Monk
Lyles
Len
Putting Lyles in the playoff rotation still makes me nervous. He's been worse than Huerter on defense this season and when his shot is off he can also waste a lot of offensive possessions throwing up long jumpers. I like some of what he brings to the table but too often this season it's felt to me like the entire defense falls apart when he's on the floor.

Deuce said we are up to 14th overall in defensive rating. 6th since the all star break and 4th in March. That really is crazy.

it’s coming in handy with our inability to consistently make 3s. It’s crazy that 3 of our 4 best shooters are below league average this season from 3. Monk is 3 for his last 27.

keep it up and hopefully the shots fall and we really get rolling!

Deuce said we are up to 14th overall in defensive rating. 6th since the all star break and 4th in March. That really is crazy.

it’s coming in handy with our inability to consistently make 3s. It’s crazy that 3 of our 4 best shooters are below league average this season from 3. Monk is 3 for his last 27.

keep it up and hopefully the shots fall and we really get rolling!
Barnes 1/10 in his last 3, I think the 10th was the one that went in.
Btw deserved DPOG for Davion, he could even take the OPOG tonight!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Putting Lyles in the playoff rotation still makes me nervous. He's been worse than Huerter on defense this season and when his shot is off he can also waste a lot of offensive possessions throwing up long jumpers. I like some of what he brings to the table but too often this season it's felt to me like the entire defense falls apart when he's on the floor.
With Huerter out and Keon and Len getting regular minutes I'd really like to see Sasha get healthy enough to get some minutes before playoff time.

I've been eating a crow watching Mitchell exceed my expectations after the trade. His layup has been money, the most consistent of the roster, and never seen him blocked despite his size not to mention his other contributions.

Tonight, Len was a difference maker helping the lead to extend over 20 and keep it. It's good to have someone who can intimidate under the basket.
I'm over here eating a crap ton of crow on Davion. I still think he is just too short to be switchable on D, he can handle opposing PGs and that's it, but he has been legit on offense for the past 4-6 weeks. Very serviceable as a backup pg.

Jesus christ. It's kind of hard to believe Keon's had this huge of an impact, but it shows up on the tape too. That starting unit is just crushing right now, on both ends.
The Keon affect (to go with Keegan and Swipa's defensive abilities) and getting KHuert out of the line up. I know you've been a staunch defender of Red Velvet, but he's just been so wildly inconsistent (and at times a complete non-factor) that inserting practically anyone else into lineup and taking his minutes was going to help.

Just so happens that Keon's defensive abilities, and recent ability to score (confidence), have taken it to a different level.

Shoutout to Davion for really killing it in his role lately.

Dude had me worried early on this year, but I'm loving what he's bringing lately!
Davion has made a believer out of me. And I had wanted to trade him. That one drive to the left of the basket where he tossed it into the hoop from 5-6 feet, rather than off the backboard, was outstanding.

Probably the best thing that has happened to the Kings lately is the injuries to rotational players. It is not ideal of course, but has forced the coaching staff to scramble to formulate a competitive line-up through the rotation. It also appears that some modifications have been made offensively to acknowledge the skill set changes. It has been well done and at least one diamond, in Keon, has been exposed.

It also appears that Keegan has been given a longer leash as far as showing his creativity and launching his (usually) deadly shot...even having more plays called for him. It is regretful that Sasha was not able to participate in the reconstruction whether due to injury or otherwise.

Ultimately, the injuries will pass and a dilemma will be created for the coaches. Resolving this circumstance will be the crux of how the playoff opportunity will be played out.

Jesus christ. It's kind of hard to believe Keon's had this huge of an impact, but it shows up on the tape too. That starting unit is just crushing right now, on both ends.
Most of these games are against tanking/injury riddled teams. If these numbers didn't look this good, the pitchforks would be out in full force. I'm interested to see if it holds up going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.