[Game] Kings vs. Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 PM PDT/10:00 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had starts against Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Orlando, and Minnesota. Plenty of games against good teams included in there.
"In games starting alongside Keegan, Fox, and Sabonis"

Keegan missed the Milwaukee game. Fox missed the Minny game. So those are out. I guess the Lakers are good? Orlando is good, but I'm not sure a 109-107 final score proves the point of the tweet.

Other than that, it's the Raptors, Wizards, Grizz, and Sixers. I'm not sure what is being used as the 7th game, since Fox was out in Keon's few starts early in the season.

Look, I'm all about what Keon brings to the table but stats can be used in funny ways with no context, and I think the opponents are valuable context in this situation. That's all. I want to see it against teams like the Mavs. Like, can Keon stay out of foul trouble while defending like a menace vs players that actually get foul calls?

"In games starting alongside Keegan, Fox, and Sabonis"

Keegan missed the Milwaukee game. Fox missed the Minny game. So those are out. I guess the Lakers are good? Orlando is good, but I'm not sure a 109-107 final score proves the point of the tweet.

Other than that, it's the Raptors, Wizards, Grizz, and Sixers. I'm not sure what is being used as the 7th game, since Fox was out in Keon's few starts early in the season.

Look, I'm all about what Keon brings to the table but stats can be used in funny ways with no context, and I think the opponents are valuable context in this situation. That's all. I want to see it against teams like the Mavs. Like, can Keon stay out of foul trouble while defending like a menace vs players that actually get foul calls?
Huh? Explain to me how Keon with our 3 best players, over the last 7 games he's started, is dominating, is "no context"

Keon has been taking the toughest guard assignment every single game he's started during this stretch. You act like he's out there guarding PJ Tucker every game.

Is it small sample still? Absolutely. Doesn't make it any less impressive how impactful his minutes have been since he's moved to being a starter.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Huh? Explain to me how Keon with our 3 best players, over the last 7 games he's started, is dominating, is "no context"

Keon has been taking the toughest guard assignment every single game he's started during this stretch. You act like he's out there guarding PJ Tucker every game.

Is it small sample still? Absolutely. Doesn't make it any less impressive how impactful his minutes have been since he's moved to being a starter.
Moreover, one of the Kings' worst tendencies this season is to have let down games against inferior teams. Even if this were a cherry picked list of teams that the Kings "should beat", the reality is that when Keon is the lineup they are winning those games.

Moreover, one of the Kings' worst tendencies this season is to have let down games against inferior teams. Even if this were a cherry picked list of teams that the Kings "should beat", the reality is that when Keon is the lineup they are winning those games.
Yeah that list of teams has been murderers row for this years squad.

Thunder, Nuggets, Wolves, Bucks etc....those are the easy teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.