Kings trade Richaun Holmes and 24th overall pick to Mavericks for ????

Not a fan of Bruce Brown?
I like Bruce Brown that could do actually.

Just felt he would be one of those players you can get for cheap and he kind of blew up and we should be the kind of team developing Bruce Brown type players rather than paying a lot for them once they become well known.

But I wouldn't be mad at that

I like Bruce Brown that could do actually.

Just felt he would be one of those players you can get for cheap and he kind of blew up and we should be the kind of team developing Bruce Brown type players rather than paying a lot for them once they become well known.

But I wouldn't be mad at that
They've been trying through the years. DaQuan Jeffries, KZ, Justin James, Kessler, Dozier, Keon Ellis and a few others I'm sure I'm missing. It's just none of them have turned into a Brown, Torrey Craig, Royce O'Neal type.

Glad they've removed Holmes and get cap $$. Holmes ain't going to play anyway and just a waste spot and money. Here's what I want:

Jeremi Grant - meh...why would I want him when we already have Barnes...look at the statistics...pretty much similar w/ Grant being better blocker.
Kuzma - Hell no, he's not a great exceptional shooter from 3s and doesn't seem to do anything great especially defense.
Siakam - No way...again, why would I want him when we already have Barnes...look at the statistics...Barnes is better.
OG Anunoby - YES YES YES...this is the guy we needed. The Draymond Green type of player that can help out defense not just individually but team defense. His offense isn't bad either.
Cam Johnson - He is not a bad choice...shooting the lights out. I prefer him over Huerter. Him and Murray are going to be lethal weapons from 3s.
Naz Reid - Not as great as I initially thought statistic wise.
Middleton - Almost 32yrs...look a bit slowing down.

Glad they've removed Holmes and get cap $$. Holmes ain't going to play anyway and just a waste spot and money. Here's what I want:

Jeremi Grant - meh...why would I want him when we already have Barnes...look at the statistics...pretty much similar w/ Grant being better blocker.
Kuzma - Hell no, he's not a great exceptional shooter from 3s and doesn't seem to do anything great especially defense.
Siakam - No way...again, why would I want him when we already have Barnes...look at the statistics...Barnes is better.
OG Anunoby - YES YES YES...this is the guy we needed. The Draymond Green type of player that can help out defense not just individually but team defense. His offense isn't bad either.
Cam Johnson - He is not a bad choice...shooting the lights out. I prefer him over Huerter. Him and Murray are going to be lethal weapons from 3s.
Naz Reid - Not as great as I initially thought statistic wise.
Middleton - Almost 32yrs...look a bit slowing down.
Grant is a much better defender than Barnes which is what we need.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If we absorb Collins into cap space for let’s say our 2024 pick back or another FRP, Monte would be a genius. Basically trading holmes and a FRP for Collins and a FRP. Otherwise if it’s just for cap space, it’s a bit underwhelming
I quietly wondered about that prospect when I saw the idea of absorbing Collins into space, like could we have our pick back too? That would be pretty neat.

His demeanor and the way he plays the game, among other things I won’t get into.

He’s a drastically overrated player that doesn’t help the KINGS defensively. He’s not a winning basketball player.
I hear what you said. And honestly, I don't think Kuzma fits the type Monte McNair has been bringing into the team. There are certain things that are almost guaranteed from McNair, firstly, he had even brought it up himself, that he'd not do anything too drastically to affect the chemistry of this team that after only 1 full year together had proven to be a potential Playoffs contender. Secondly, it also seems very likely that McNair prefers high-IQ and level-headed guys over pure athletes.

What I'm about to say might surprise you, but all of the above listed just make me feel better if we indeed bring Kuzma in this off-season, because McNair so far had never displayed any sign of rushing into anything. So it would seem unlikely that he'd bring in Kuzma to speed up the process of us becoming title contender, which means if he brings Kuzma in, or whoever for that matter, I'd have to believe that they signed off on the "contract" to be a team player first and follows along with our culture.

I know Fox and Sabonis are a bit quiet for leaders, but if they signed off on bringing in someone like Kuzma, you gotta have to believe that they think he will fall in line with the rest of our team and focus on winning.

But obviously, I'm giving everyone involved a lot of credit for doing the right thing, which seems more of a rare occurrence with every day passing.

if we get Cam Johnson or Jerami Grant it’s a great move. If we are Dallas getting played and swing and miss it’s a horrible move.

none of us know at this point.
It's a horrible move if we didn't draft someone at twenty something vs thirty something even though we opened up significant cap space and already have the number one player in Europe come over?

I will allow you to retract this statement.