Kings sign Marshall Henderson to training camp deal

bajaden

Hall of Famer
By all reports Henderson is 6' 2" and 170. His college shooting percentage was just OK. He also is brash and had brushes with the authority figures in his life. Up front he looks like a player that would belong in the D League. He has some entertainment value if he can abide by the rules of whichever league he is playing in.

Vlade and the Kings are giving him a chance to break into the NBA. It is a long shot but maybe he is one of those guys that just clicks with the NBA, it happens.

I think all the name calling going on by Kings Fans without giving the Kid a chance is unfair. Are you all so perfect?

PS - Marshall Henderson seems perfect for the Reno Bighorns and the Arseneault offense. He is supposed to be a volume shooter:)
I think this is much ado about nothing. He's not going to make the team, but if he shows some newly found discipline, he might get invited to join the Reno team. Personally, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other. But, I know it's that time of the year when the mouse population of ARCO, or whatever its called now, becomes vastly more important than the red tide attacking my beach. The good news is that we only have about 4 more weeks of this.

By all reports Henderson is 6' 2" and 170. His college shooting percentage was just OK. He also is brash and had brushes with the authority figures in his life. Up front he looks like a player that would belong in the D League. He has some entertainment value if he can abide by the rules of whichever league he is playing in.

Vlade and the Kings are giving him a chance to break into the NBA. It is a long shot but maybe he is one of those guys that just clicks with the NBA, it happens.

I think all the name calling going on by Kings Fans without giving the Kid a chance is unfair. Are you all so perfect?

PS - Marshall Henderson seems perfect for the Reno Bighorns and the Arseneault offense. He is supposed to be a volume shooter:)
No, I'm not perfect at all. In fact I'd be a scrub in the NBA, too. So it's ok if I call someone a scrub (such a horrible name, I know), because I am one too. It's kind of like when Jewish people make fun of each other. It's kosher. And no, I'm not calling Casspi a scrub here.

give the kid a shot. whats it gonna hurt? if he flames out no harm no foul. If he somehow miraculously blossoms into a decent player then who knows. Kid has talent. Is it NBA talent? Who knows? He hasn't kept his mouth shut long enough for a coach to find out. Let him get some seasoning in the D league. see what happens. What have we got to lose ?

What have we got to lose?

Hmmm... I'm glad everyone here is so confident that the Kings won't have any attitude problems whatsoever with Rondo, Cousins playing vital years, and Karl coaching.

Adding a headcase attitude problem player to the practice squad is oddly confident of KFs to say there can't be any problems to come of it....