Kings sign Marshall Henderson to training camp deal

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Marshall Henderson is a very talented kid that is his own worst enemy. Not a PG and that's for sure. He's a scorer, and if he ever stopped taking bad shots, he'd probably shoot over 40% from the three. He's a hot head who thinks he's the best player in the world. Now that's based on when I watched him play in college. Unless he's finally matured and changed his spots, I don't see him making the team. However, if he can put his game together, the King's might have a talented player on their hands. No one has ever questioned Henderson's talent. Just what's between his ears

This is what Lebron James once tweeted about Henderson...

Man that dude Henderson from Ol Miss got the greenest light in basketball history!! Hahaha.

I honestly don't think his talents alone warrant him a spot in the NBA..but what do I know? He's probably one of the most chuckiest college players.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Does he have ANY point guard skills?
Ahhh, not really. If he does, he's never displayed them. I mean he's not a bad passer when he passes, but the likelyhood of him passing instead of shooting is very slim. Or at least it was in college. He is known for being a clutch shooter, and he's not a bad shooter, its that he takes so many contested shots. Thus the bad shooting percentage.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Repeat after me:
Training. Camp. Invite.

Although, if Rondo/Cousins can handle someone who is batcrap crazy, the NBA will be a piece of cake.

Totally against giving this punk a dime. Bad locker room presence, no class whatsoever, and more damage than a few extra buckets can compensate for.

J

jdbraver

Is he Matt Barnes crazy? Ron Artest crazy? Rodman crazy? I'd take all those guys on my team. This guy has D-league talent and Will be a D-league player. Chill people.

I just saw a full game clip of him playing in Iraq. Dude was like 3-16 from the field, 3-15 from three lol. I was like damn, this dude just loves to shoot. My favorite was when he took a turnaround fadeaway contested three with like 8 seconds left on the shot clock.

He may have been humbled down in Iraq but that definitely didn't change his trigger finger

gunks

Hall of Famer
Kinda a waste of a camp invite.

Couldn't we have found an inefficient chucker who isn't also a POS?

That might be easier said than done though ... seems like most chuckers are also d-bags. Hey! Why not move away from chuckers entirely!? There's a thought!

Whatevs, he ain't making the team anyways.

You people are so effing desperate for something to complain about regarding this team. Look at yourselves. Undies in a bind over a freaking TRAINING CAMP INVITE.

This thread is a testimony to how incredibly effective Vlade was at addressing each and every one of our needs this offseason. We get the yahoos and nincompoops cranked up about a TRAINING CAMP INVITE.

I love it.

Whoa.

Who thought he would be a safe addition to combine with Rondo and Cousins?
What are you even talking about man?

Addition? Huh? Rondo and Cousins are HOF and borderline HOF talent. THE GUY IS A SCRUB. Nobody in the FO thinks otherwise. Nobody is getting added to anybody in this scenario. But hey, it's sports, so it distracted you from your life for a sec, so that's good.

What are you even talking about man?

Addition? Huh? Rondo and Cousins are HOF and borderline HOF talent. THE GUY IS A SCRUB. Nobody in the FO thinks otherwise. Nobody is getting added to anybody in this scenario. But hey, it's sports, so it distracted you from your life for a sec, so that's good.
By all reports Henderson is 6' 2" and 170. His college shooting percentage was just OK. He also is brash and had brushes with the authority figures in his life. Up front he looks like a player that would belong in the D League. He has some entertainment value if he can abide by the rules of whichever league he is playing in.

Vlade and the Kings are giving him a chance to break into the NBA. It is a long shot but maybe he is one of those guys that just clicks with the NBA, it happens.

I think all the name calling going on by Kings Fans without giving the Kid a chance is unfair. Are you all so perfect?

PS - Marshall Henderson seems perfect for the Reno Bighorns and the Arseneault offense. He is supposed to be a volume shooter:)