[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

Ingram can also leave this game with injury and I still would have low confidence simply because the Kings can’t find a way to score outside of low percentage one on one against this team. Didn’t in the 5 other games. Haven’t tonight.

Kings needed a fast start. Not just a good one. I think Pelicans would’ve folded if the Kings built a double digit lead. They had the opportunity but Keegan just terrible. Barnes bad. Bench worthless. Keon didn’t attempt a shot until near the end of the 2nd.

Just like the last game against the Pelicans, I would really like to see the Kings flatten out the offense for Fox a few times. Force the Pelicans to stick all that size on the perimeter more towards the baseline then see if they shift up when you run a high pick and roll from it. They are gobbling up too much space in the paint and can still get back out to shooters.

I think the HB contract has us kind of hamstrung. He’s not a tradable asset and since they’re paying him they don’t want to sit him. He just doesn’t do enough to be a starter. Also Murray is learning his sleep through 80% of the games and just when folks are ready to tar and feather you show up and play.

We’re in trouble and now Murray walking to the tunnel sucks. We need to stop the dam turnovers, our free throws need to start going in and play better D and how about someone guard Ingram? Sasha got to play what a few seconds? Then Trey comes back in?? SMFH our 3’s are not going in so Fox go back to running in the paint? Anyone?? Can anyone get to the paint if our dam 3’s aren’t dropping…I’ll take the 2 instead of a big fat zero.
Ok done venting

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Keon also needs to be more aggressive on offense in the second half. Still doing great things on D but the Pels are literally just pretending he doesn’t exist on the other end of the floor because he’s just been passing out of sets every single time we throw him the ball