[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

Yeah, I'm starting the game discussion thread early. Why not?

I'm baffled by the starting time. That's a late night for the Pelicans crowd. I thought it would start earlier for us PST market given they have home court advantage.
I was thinking about doing the same myself, but figured that it might be best to wait a bit before doing so. But, you beat me to it, soooooo...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Since the Warriors game thread is closed, here are a few words from Davion Mitchell, courtesy of The Athletic:

<“I think this is the best defensive game we’ve ever had, honestly,” Mitchell said afterward. “Honestly. I mean, we (were) on a string helping one another. Our blitz was really good on Steph. Keon did an amazing job on Steph throughout the game, putting pressure on him, making him frustrated. Keegan did too. And we just did a really good job.”>

Play it again, Sam.

https://theathletic.com/5422214/2024/04/17/kings-warriors-nba-play-in-game-rivalry/

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Kings coming off their most complete game in a month, Pels falling to pieces. Obviously we must play the game but the pressure really is on the home team here and we have a chance to make 0-5 a meaningless fluke in the statistics. Feels like we're playing with house money even though making or missing the playoffs is actually going to have consequences for how this team builds in the offseason.

Any other injuries? Val is at least as problematic for us as he literally has Sabonis’s number. Would have been much better match-up to play the Lakers. Hope Mike has a better plan than watching Barnes get roasted over and over and Keegan being too tired to shoot chasing Pels wings all over the floor.
Sabonis has averaged 18.8 10 and 6.5 against Val this year and Jonas didn’t outscore him once.

Any other injuries? Val is at least as problematic for us as he literally has Sabonis’s number. Would have been much better match-up to play the Lakers. Hope Mike has a better plan than watching Barnes get roasted over and over and Keegan being too tired to shoot chasing Pels wings all over the floor.
Watch the game. Spend 30 seconds and goofle a stat. Domas has been excellent vs Jval. In fact, he wholly disproven your theory he can't play well vs bully ball centers.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Without Zion the Pels are a perimeter oriented offense. That means Fox, Keon, Davion, and Keegan need to do exactly what they just did against GS on Friday -- smother their guards and wings on the perimeter, rotate quickly and efficiently and then find your man and don't give them any space to shoot a clean jumper.

I'm glad that "Kings choke the easy ones" meme is out there because it's just one extra reminder to take this next game seriously regardless of who is or is not playing. This isn't the regular season. There's no back-to-backs, no flying in the night before and playing an early afternoon game, no looking forward to the next match-up a few days down the road. When this Kings squad plays with focus and intensity for the full 48 they're a tough match-up for anyone.

Let's get it! Can't wait for Friday!