Kings free agency, part 3

wow let's revist the Philly Trade again

Philly: JT/Landry/Stauskas/1st round pick/swaps

Kings: Bellinelli, Rondo, Koufos

Stauskas became Bellinelli
The protected 1st round pick and swaps became Rondo and Koufos
Dumped JT and Landry salary off the books.

Me Likey ! :):):)

Every time I walk away from the computer and phone, Vlade signs a player. Vlade, if you are reading this, I am stepping away again......
*Sources say Kings sign LeBron James to 1 year/$5 million deal. Source emphasize LeBron's enthusiasm of Kings roster and willingness for The King to take the throne for one season.*

Entity

Hall of Famer
Ok we need SF help. I know we all want casspi. What else we got, luc mbah mute, dorell wright, is wes Johnson still out there. I still like the josh smith idea but afraid that ship just sailed.

*Sources say Kings sign LeBron James to 1 year/$5 million deal. Source emphasize LeBron's enthusiasm of Kings roster and willingness for The King to take the throne for one season.*
Wow, look at that depth chart:

Rondo/DC
Beli/BMAC
LBJ/Gay
CUZ/LBJ
KK/WCS

One could wish. Or if LBJ wants to win a championship. .....

Entity

Hall of Famer
Don't be greedy. ;) Personally, I think Casspi will round out the 2015 free agency acquisitions quite nicely.
Well with casspi its only 12 players. I just figured there is one more FA signing prob won't be as splashy but will fill it out. Of course we have alot of vets now wouldn't hurt to fill it out with some potential from summer league

Entity

Hall of Famer
The Kings still need Casspi, a third PG, another bench wing and one more big, ideally a stretch 4.

Go get 'em Vlade.
McCallum is still here for our 3rd pg. he'll he has started over 30 games in last two years. He should be able to handle 3rd pg duties. He was one of only 5 players still here from last year. I don't count moreland since he never played

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
McCallum is still here for our 3rd pg. he'll he has started over 30 games in last two years. He should be able to handle 3rd pg duties. He was one of only 5 players still here from last year. I don't count moreland since he never played
I figured McCallum might get moved in a sign and trade to open up a slot for Miller at the vet minimum while using up the remaining cap space on a SF or PF. But if we go into the season with Ray I wouldn't be upset.

Kings still need a backup SF, a deep bench SG/SF and a PF. Casspi, Bargnani and a guy like Liggins or James Jones would be nice.

I figured McCallum might get moved in a sign and trade to open up a slot for Miller at the vet minimum while using up the remaining cap space on a SF or PF. But if we go into the season with Ray I wouldn't be upset.

Kings still need a backup SF, a deep bench SG/SF and a PF. Casspi, Bargnani and a guy like Liggins or James Jones would be nice.
Bargnani makes a ton of sense now considering we can mask his defensive deficiencies with WCS and Kosta. An under the radar option may be a guy like Andrew Nicholoson but we'd have to make a small deal for him since he's under contract with ORL

Would love to get Perry Jones from OKC with the Acy trade exemption. Talk is they need to unload salary to sign Kantor.

It may appear at the time the Thunder (or whoever) overpaid for both Kanter and Singler, but consider: A $5 million salary with a $67 million salary cap will seem more like a $3.75 million salary with a $90 million cap. Something to keep in mind when the number jumps out at you as too much.

If the Thunder are able to complete a deal with both their restricted free agents, they'll likely look to offload both Perry Jones ($2.03 million) and Steve Novak ($3.75 million), which would cut almost $6 million from the payroll and set up the Thunder for even more substantial tax savings, something close to $9 million. Not to mention it'll clear the way to sign last year's first-round pick, Josh Huestis, which is something the Thunder are eager to do.
http://espn.go.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/570/enes-kanter-at-the-top-of-thunders-list

This is the first time in like forever that I can recall a bunch of names of free agents thrown around that we would want that we actually got. Yes we missed out on Wes, ellis, Tobias and Beverly, but the players we got, though not all are stars, are players that fit what we envision this team needs. National media might be bashing us or laughing at us, but I am seriously happy with what this team is becoming. Can the team implode? Can DMC choke rondo in practice or rondo chuck a ball at karl's head in frustration? Sure. But I'm betting on things working out cuz I'm a kings fan and even though things never seem to go right, we always believe it will get better one day. Anyone else feel that day is coming sooner than later after what we've accomplished this offseason?

wow let's revist the Philly Trade again

Philly: JT/Landry/Stauskas/1st round pick/swaps

Kings: Bellinelli, Rondo, Koufos

Stauskas became Bellinelli
The protected 1st round pick and swaps became Rondo and Koufos
Dumped JT and Landry salary off the books.

Me Likey ! :):):)
Really terrific work by Vlade this offseason but to be fair we already had some of that money available so it's more like JT/Landry/sauce plus 1st rounder for Marco/koufos/euro guys/plus anyone else we sign. Still a deal I can live with.

Most excited I've felt as a fan in a long time.

K

KingMilz

The thing with Miller is and always has been is he''s a guy that always wants to play so he might just go some where else where he can be a back up PG, him not playing in Denver lead to him being traded cause of the Shaw thing and also in Washington he rightfully or wrongfully thought he should have been playing more. I'm not so sure he would comeback as a 3rd guard even being 40.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The guys I'd like to see the Kings sign:
Casspi!
Matt Barnes
Hedo
Barnes becomes an interesting name if Omri is reluctant. Too bad I think he and Vlade missed each other by a single season with the Kings, because I would think at his age if he's cut loose he'd probably still be in the sign with a contender mentality.

With DMC, KK, WCS, Moreland and Smith our 4+5 positions would be loaded as f...
But we still have noone outside of Ben and Rudy, who can guard athletic SG/SF.
This would be our achilles heal.
Oh and that and zone defense....

Rudy just posted that on snapchat, that's josh smith!
Is this real? Not sure how I feel about Josh Smith......................................... I really don't know about him................................................ I'd reduce his role to 10mins off the bench as a spark guy.................................................... vet min only................ not sure how I feel about him at all................ please no. please...vlade..no to this guy..Let's just take Bargs and Casspi and go home.... please......no Smith....no Josh Smith....please......oh god...guys...no Josh Smith please....