IST Championship Open Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's a little like asking why does Fox look like an MVP candidate against every team but the Pelicans, isn't it?
Yeah but at least the Pels have good defenders to stick on Fox. AD has been dominated by Javale, Len, and Richaun Holmes in his last good game as a King before he got traded.

Since my provider is in a dispute with ABC..I had to watch the ESPN 2 Kevin Hart commentary simulcast. They had Patrick Beverly on and he sucked the air out of the room by trying to discuss Josh Giddey.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Since my provider is in a dispute with ABC..I had to watch the ESPN 2 Kevin Hart commentary simulcast. They had Patrick Beverly on and he sucked the air out of the room by trying to discuss Josh Giddey.
Jesus that’s supposed to be entertainment?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
How can a cable provider be in a dispute with ABC? Isn't that network still broadcast over the air? What leverage could they possibly have over a channel that you can pick up with rabbit ears?

How fast will some of these Laker bench guys blow through that 500k tonight in Vegas? Just make sure you set aside about 200k of that for good ol’ Uncle Sam.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
How can a cable provider be in a dispute with ABC? Isn't that network still broadcast over the air? What leverage could they possibly have over a channel that you can pick up with rabbit ears?
It is truly bizarre but there is all kinds of stupid stuff governing rebroadcast via cable/streaming/satellite of local channels including paying huge rights fees for something that is free. The dispute is likely with the station owner (usually it’s Sinclair that are bastards about this) not ABC though.

I didn’t think it was possible for a cable provider to have these type of disputes with network channels either..but it happened earlier in this year with Fox/KXTL and I had to watch the first few 49ers games through other means until it was settled…and now ABC isn’t listed. I’m not sure what the dispute is.

Fun Cup.

Changes it to make it more substantial, have more elimination games, and have better atmosphere:

First 30 (15?) games is for seedings played only in conference everyone plays one home and away vs everyone.
Top 8 in each conference go to single elemination bracket.
1st round 1.25 games towards regular season standings, 2nd 1.5 games, semis 1.75, finals 2 games towards standings.
All games played at someone who has home advantage so we don't get "quiet" crowds like in a neutral Vegas.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so with this conclusion, I have to say that playing 20 games and winning a single elimination tournament is just silly. The idea where this originally came from, which is the UEFA Champions league is played through almost an entire calendar year on top of playing for their league squads with minimal rest and two matches in each stage. Every announcer from Breen, to Doc, to Doris to whoever else covered these games is trying to convince fans that this is something significant from a competitive stand point but I'm not really seeing that. This tournament will probably be a new norm now since everyone is talking it up and its getting exposure and Vegas loves it