Free Agency

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tyson Chandler? yuckkkk give me PJ Tucker instead or TJ Warren or Archie Goodwin
Yeah, I'd prefer any of those but if Phoenix wants out of Chandler's contract that could be the price of doing business. I'd do that for Bledsoe. Not for Knight.

Bledsoe
Afflalo
Casspi
Cayley-Stein
Cousins

Works for me

And

Knight
Booker
Gay
Dudley (eventually Chriss or Bender)
Len

Looks pretty good too.

Tyson Chandler? yuckkkk give me PJ Tucker instead or TJ Warren or Archie Goodwin
Tyson Chandler is because the Suns will want to unload his contract with any trade for Knight or Bledsoe.

Chandler is still serviceable as a backup center and he can fill in that spot until Big Pappa is ready for backup minutes for a couple of years. Maybe we can get one other player like Tucker or Goodwin in the trade

Sacramento Kings

Over Tax Line

-$11,554,304

Cap Room

-$2,621,296

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER

• PG
  • 3 Years

• C
  • 3 Years

Acquiring 2 Players

$26,415,000

Hollinger's Analysis: -6 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 6.

Phoenix Suns

Over Tax Line

-$10,036,898

Cap Room

-$4,559,500

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER

• SF
  • 2 Years

• C
  • 3 Years

• SG
  • 1 Year

Acquiring 3 Players

$25,388,715

Hollinger's Analysis: +1 Wins

With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 1.

Projected Record Note:
Projected records are based on the PER of the players in each team’s post-trade rotation. Taking into account the players traded and the ability of their replacements, it is possible for each team in a trade to have a better projected record, or for each team to have a worse one, or for one team to be better and another to be worse by a different number of games.

Yeah, I'd prefer any of those but if Phoenix wants out of Chandler's contract that could be the price of doing business. I'd do that for Bledsoe. Not for Knight.
I like Bledsoe, but his knee injuries scares the heck out of me.

Knight is the safer player to get in a trade.

IF Bledsoe could stay health, he would be great.

Safer yes, but only a moderate upgrade from Collison. Bledsoe would be gambling on a second star next to Boogie so that would be my choice.
True. Good Point.

But, I think for the Suns to trade Eric Bledsoe, we would have to take back Tyson Chandler's contract.

IF Bledsoe can't stay healthy, that would be a very steep price to pay.

But, you are right, IF Bledsoe were to stay healthy, a Bledsoe-DMC-WCS combo would be great.

True. Good Point.

But, I think for the Suns to trade Eric Bledsoe, we would have to take back Tyson Chandler's contract.

IF Bledsoe can't stay healthy, that would be a very steep price to pay.

But, you are right, IF Bledsoe were to stay healthy, a Bledsoe-DMC-WCS combo would be great.
Kentucky trio too!

There would be chemistry there. Especially since DMC and Bledsoe played in college together.

Come on guys... we are not getting Gay for Bledsoe.

Gay will be 30 on the final year of his contract. Bledsoe will be 27 with 3 years left on his contract. It doesn't even make sense from a cap perspective for the Suns. Especially if you throw in Koufos(who they DON'T need) and McLemore.

If you guys here wouldn't want Knight as our starting PG, why would the Suns? What do they accomplish by trading a PG in his prime vs. a SF at his peak? Bledsoe's been injury prone, so they should trade him away for a 1 year rental of Rudy Gay while filling up their cap space with fillers like Koufos and McLemore?

Is keeping an "injury prone" pg hurting their cap space? Bledsoe is owed 14million this season. Keep in mind Conley just got an absurd 30million! It's not even like they need the cap space to extend anyone. Booker has 3 years left in his rookie contract, and Warren has 2. The only guy up for grabs left is Alex Len...who will be RFA anyways.

Bringing in Gay gives them vet experience? They already have Tyson Chandler, PJ Tucker, Jared Dudley, and Kris Humphries.

Gay doesn't help their playoff push. He doesn't help them rebuild. He makes them slightly worse, but not bad enough to the point where they'd get a top 5 pick.
If they're trading Bledsoe, I'd imagine it's for a full-on rebuild, or at least another PG.
It makes 0 sense for the Suns. If they wanted to trade Bledsoe, they would've drafted Dunn.

It's like suggesting the Wiz should trade a 26yearold version of Bradley Beal on a 3year deal to the Kings for a 1 year rental of Rudy Gay because Beal is injury prone.

Bledsoe's injury concerns are legit enough to lower his value on the market in spite of his production. He tends to miss half a season every other year.

You're paying him to play 70% of the games, averaged out over his career.

I managed to trade Rudy for Bledsoe in 2k16 and the Bledsoe/Afflalo/Barnes/WCS/Cousins line-up is a defensive monster. Wish I could trade coaches to get rid of vidya game Karl on the sideline.
If you play the PC version, there are Chinese roster editors who have a trainer that can edit coaches. There's a roster online from "Pandahero" called Viper Roster or something that's being updated daily that might fit your bill if you really want Karl out of the sidelines.

Come on guys... we are not getting Gay for Bledsoe.

Gay will be 30 on the final year of his contract. Bledsoe will be 27 with 3 years left on his contract. It doesn't even make sense from a cap perspective for the Suns. Especially if you throw in Koufos(who they DON'T need) and McLemore.

If you guys here wouldn't want Knight as our starting PG, why would the Suns? What do they accomplish by trading a PG in his prime vs. a SF at his peak? Bledsoe's been injury prone, so they should trade him away for a 1 year rental of Rudy Gay while filling up their cap space with fillers like Koufos and McLemore?

Is keeping an "injury prone" pg hurting their cap space? Bledsoe is owed 14million this season. Keep in mind Conley just got an absurd 30million! It's not even like they need the cap space to extend anyone. Booker has 3 years left in his rookie contract, and Warren has 2. The only guy up for grabs left is Alex Len...who will be RFA anyways.

Bringing in Gay gives them vet experience? They already have Tyson Chandler, PJ Tucker, Jared Dudley, and Kris Humphries.

Gay doesn't help their playoff push. He doesn't help them rebuild. He makes them slightly worse, but not bad enough to the point where they'd get a top 5 pick.
If they're trading Bledsoe, I'd imagine it's for a full-on rebuild, or at least another PG.
It makes 0 sense for the Suns. If they wanted to trade Bledsoe, they would've drafted Dunn.

It's like suggesting the Wiz should trade a 26yearold version of Bradley Beal on a 3year deal to the Kings for a 1 year rental of Rudy Gay because Beal is injury prone.
While I think its wishful thinking to think that Gay alone will get us Bledsoe, there are multiple reasons why teams might move on from a player. Two or three months ago everyone would have thought that keeping Rondo was a formality.

Different teams have different needs and different philosophies. I can't see how playing 2 PGs is a winning strategy long term and while those contracts are good in the current cap, it still takes away from addressing other needs.

If Booker is their SG going forward, they will need to free up some time for him at which point 2 PGs logging heavy minutes goes against that.

Plus there are multiple ways to get things done. They might not want or need Gay but some other team might and they might be willing to give up something for him that fits PHX's requirements for letting Bledsoe go.

I highly doubt that Bledsoe is available and even if he is, I am not sure whether there would be any interest from us given that he is coming off an injury.

Time will tell what happens. I think we are more likely to sign or trade for a lesser PG to back up DC and spot start where needed. It's stated by coach Joerger that we want to be a defensive team and we need some shooting as well. Bledsoe fits that. So does Knight but the more likely scenario is someone like Douglas or even Nole.

I think the Suns would prefer to move Bledsoe given his injury history, but because of that reason, I would have to think twice about a Rudy-Bledsoe trade. Given the risk, I would swing for Knight instead. However, when healthy, Bledsoe is the more valuable PG because of his defense. It's just a large risk to take with him. They have a young guy in Booker who needs minutes and he's not going to get them with two pretty good PGs ahead of him. There is a reason Bledsoe has been mentioned in trade rumors going back almost 1 year. Rudy Gay would allow them to have a more balanced roster because as of this moment, they are heavy on the PGs/SGs, but after Tucker don't have much for SF. Either way you look at it, Rudy is an upgrade at SF for them.

Bledsoe is signed at reasonable money considering what guys are getting today. If your looking at this from the Suns perspective do you think the best you can get is a one year rental of Rudy Gay? I think there would be better offers. Kings need to target borderline starters or backup PG's unless the Kings want to shop WCS which I don't think they want to do. Unfortunately to get good players you have to give up something of value.

Bledsoe is signed at reasonable money considering what guys are getting today. If your looking at this from the Suns perspective do you think the best you can get is a one year rental of Rudy Gay? I think there would be better offers. Kings need to target borderline starters or backup PG's unless the Kings want to shop WCS which I don't think they want to do. Unfortunately to get good players you have to give up something of value.
Agreed, backups such as Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers or Jarrett Jack are who the Kings could sign. I might even check and see if Dre Miller is interested and can play a few minutes each half.

But the silence and inactivity makes me think Vlade and company are waiting for something to break and have their eyes on a starter level PG.

Spurs lost another big in marjonovic
So they lost David west (more than likely) Tim Duncan and now marjonovic and only gained gasol. Spurs now have 3 days to match detroits offer to marjonovic.

Come on San Antonio give us patty mills for 2k!
Edit: now they signed Dwayne dedmond

Also Anthony Randolph (aka skal 1.0)signed w/ Spain

Last edited:
Spurs lost another big in marjonovic
So they lost David west (more than likely) Tim Duncan and now marjonovic and only gained gasol. Spurs now have 3 days to match detroits offer to marjonovic.

Come on San Antonio give us patty mills for 2k!
Edit: now they signed Dwayne dedmond

Also Anthony Randolph (aka skal 1.0)signed w/ Spain
What was the problem with Anthony Randolph? I never paid attention to him when he was in the league. His per36 stats look solid but he never played full time minutes.

If you play the PC version, there are Chinese roster editors who have a trainer that can edit coaches. There's a roster online from "Pandahero" called Viper Roster or something that's being updated daily that might fit your bill if you really want Karl out of the sidelines.
I'm actually using Viper Roster. Haven't found that trainer thing, but I'll check it out.

I think Phoenix is the most likely trade partner for Rudy Gay.

I can see a trade of Rudy Gay, Kosta Koufos and Ben McClemore for Brandon Knight (or Eric Bledsoe) and Tyson Chandler.
I think it's the pelicans. Like us they are forever in win now mode due to ad. Rudy might help them win games, he could be a good fit there.