Free Agency

Really aren't going to get a draft pick for Curry. You can tell by the contract he eventually signed he is still just a point of curiosity for teams, not an asset they were heavily competing for. That was why it was disappointing we did not just bring him back. But I sincerely doubt that was 100% a favor to him or his agent. Maybe not even 50%. I think a decision was made that he did not fit what we wanted to do. Now as he played competitive defense and could shoot that raises a ? for me, but I think Joerger's team vision is driving a lot of stuff, and on paper a stubby combo guard without length looks soft and out of place. Now I would have hoped Vlade would have known better, but perhaps he agreed that Curry was a guy who would thrive in a pace system, but not in a grind it out system.
If that is the case, I like Joerger's vision and action for sticking to his gun, not bringing him back just because he's a decent player and affordable.

McCallum is gone and Felton signed with someone....more PG's gone, not that either one was what we wanted.
Neither are massively appealing, though the issue we have is that list of remaining free agents isn't stellar, and do any of them really fit what we want?

- Ty Lawson, Mario Chalmers, Shane Larkin, Norris Cole, Steve Blake, Nate Robinson, Kirk Hinrich, Andre Miller, Beno Udrih, Darius Adams, Ronnie Price, Andrew Goudelock, Jordan Farmar, Jorge Gutierrez, Bryce Cotton, Xavier Munford

I guess Mario Chalmers could be a solid back up, but he's coming off a bad injury. Ty Lawson has upside but doesn't fit what we want. And the rest are over the hill or not very good. In some ways we've probably left it too late to find someone in free agency, and might have to look to trades to find that backup or a new starter which would probably be the better route.

I think that trading Ben could bring back a 2nd year type who may be currently a backup or 3rd string type. That is what I hope for and seems realistic. Chalmers, if healthy, seems like a fit with what the Kings have been acquiring this off season

Here's our PG?

He's a tall PG, and played for Joerger in Memphis, so not surprising. I wonder if he'd be willing to come back stateside.
Jeez do we have the cash for him???? He would be on a pretty good deal over in Europe.

I still think someone like Toney Douglas would be a very nice pick up. Chalmers would be IDEAL if healthy.

Jeez do we have the cash for him???? He would be on a pretty good deal over in Europe.

I still think someone like Toney Douglas would be a very nice pick up. Chalmers would be IDEAL if healthy.
Yeah, he signed a 3 year, $7 million deal there, which is pretty close to the room exception that we have save for the critical fact that his Greek contract is tax-free. Not sure how we can compete with that. Apparently, we were interested in him before: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ider-buddy-collings-0820-20150819-column.html

I agree with your other proposed names as well. Still plenty of time.