[Game] Denver Nuggets at Sacramento Kings, 12/2/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the two very surprising leaders (st least for me) we can easily say that we are in the run for the first place at this moment
Can’t see Wolves and OKC keep the pace for long

We should win games like this and we did. I don't think Denver is anything special, and had we got past Warriors last year I think we could have taken the Lakers out in 5 or 6 then the Nuggets in 6 or 7. The Kings need to try hard every game and not take whole nights off like they did a few days back. That was a pathetic showing against a bad bad team. We should be beating teams like the Nuggets with speed.

Those are good shots by Murray. He just needs to make them
I was upset that he didn't shoot when he was opened...what the hell was he thinking. Murray need to be aggressive and hungry when it comes to shooting. He needs to understand that he's one of the best shooters in the world and when he's out there....the Kings need his offense because he's such a deadly shooter. If he's just going to run around and not wanting to shoot....it doesn't do the Kings any good. Sure there are time you want to drive to the basket....ONLY when you keep missing....but he hasn't taking many shots in the game if at all. I don't blame Mike Brown for being upset. Murray need to play like Klay Thompson....he shoots when he's opened EVEN with little room. But the fact that he's wide open and not shoot? Man!!! Like I said, there is no reason to attack the basket unless you're struggling with the shots....then it makes sense to attack the basket.

LIGHT THE BEAM!!! I hate that i had to miss this one but i'm watching highlights now. I love the homecourt advantage we so clearly have this year, even through such a difficult schedule. This is not the struggle we had last season at home and i'm beyond happy to see it. I don't see us losing a bunch of game 5's and 7's at home this time.

Jokic gets so many foul calls from bumping into others lol he's incredible but come on. Sabonis would be averaging damn near 25 points per game, had he gotten half of these ticky tack calls on a regular basis.
Too bad they don’t keep a stat for travels per game that go uncalled. Jokic would lead the league in that category, too.

Dude is good, but it’s much easier to be unstoppable when the league allows him to take 3-4 steps on pretty much all his go-to offensive moves. Dude shuffles his feet and moves his pivot/achor foot more than any ballet dancer I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, I know someone will tell me that all players travel and get away with it. And they do. But nobody I’ve seen in today’s NBA does it more consistently and egregiously than Jokic. At one time the bearded hag would have been a close 2nd. But he sucks nowadays so nobody cares….

Too bad they don’t keep a stat for travels per game that go uncalled. Jokic would lead the league in that category, too.

Dude is good, but it’s much easier to be unstoppable when the league allows him to take 3-4 steps on pretty much all his go-to offensive moves. Dude shuffles his feet and moves his pivot/achor foot more than any ballet dancer I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, I know someone will tell me that all players travel and get away with it. And they do. But nobody I’ve seen in today’s NBA does it more consistently and egregiously than Jokic. At one time the bearded hag would have been a close 2nd. But he sucks nowadays so nobody cares….
I would like to see Jokic in the NBA of 1980s or early 1990s. When defenses were ironclad, whistles were fair, coaches and players could call refs after the game. Well, that was then. This current hybrid between NBA and WWE (or what's the acronym of that fake "wrestling") is appealing to me only because of individual players exceptional talent and skills. Everything else is a crap. Refs are running and ruining the show, players and coaches can just utter silently "bs" during the game. Shame.

Missed this one with wrestling related duties. Looks like I missed a doozy. How about DeFox?! My lordt!
We controlled this game for about 46 minutes, with exception of about the 5 minute mark to the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Brown called a timeout and we basically had Fox take it home (he is leading the league in ppg in the 4th quarter, again).

Our defense looked solid throughout. McGee had a stretch in the 2nd where he would not allow any Nuggets player to score near the basket. It was awesome.

We should win games like this and we did. I don't think Denver is anything special, and had we got past Warriors last year I think we could have taken the Lakers out in 5 or 6 then the Nuggets in 6 or 7. The Kings need to try hard every game and not take whole nights off like they did a few days back. That was a pathetic showing against a bad bad team. We should be beating teams like the Nuggets with speed.
They are the defending champs with one of the most uniquely skilled players this league has ever seen. We can absolutely beat anyone in this league, which is a huge step from where we were two years back, but, i wouldn't say the Nuggets aren't anything special. Matchups are important in this league and i do think we match up pretty well outside of having to deal with the Joker.

We controlled this game for about 46 minutes, with exception of about the 5 minute mark to the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Brown called a timeout and we basically had Fox take it home (he is leading the league in ppg in the 4th quarter, again).

Our defense looked solid throughout. McGee had a stretch in the 2nd where he would not allow any Nuggets player to score near the basket. It was awesome.
In matchups like last night, he is such a huge addition for us and this roster -- especially come playoff time.

Okay I’m going to post something positive about Sabonis. He is currently shooting 41.7% from 3. That’s the good news.

The concerning news is it is on only 1.3 attempts a game.

If Sabonis can up those attempts to 4+ attempts a game from 3 and maintain 36%+ that will go a long long way to addressing the issues we saw with the Golden State defense. The opposing center will have to honor his shot which will open up the back cuts and prevent opponents from over playing the perimeter game.

we simply need him to shoot the ball.

Okay I’m going to post something positive about Sabonis. He is currently shooting 41.7% from 3. That’s the good news.

The concerning news is it is on only 1.3 attempts a game.

If Sabonis can up those attempts to 4+ attempts a game from 3 and maintain 36%+ that will go a long long way to addressing the issues we saw with the Golden State defense. The opposing center will have to honor his shot which will open up the back cuts and prevent opponents from over playing the perimeter game.

we simply need him to shoot the ball.
Where we disagree is him needing to get to a certain threshold. I don't want Domas to all of a sudden start hunting threes. But he needs the confidence to pull when the big stays in drop vs him at the elbow or ATB. The good news is he's shot 3 3PA the last 2 games and all the shots have been great shots in rhythm when the big gives him space to shoot it. No hesitation. And several mid-range jumpers as well.

Where we disagree is him needing to get to a certain threshold. I don't want Domas to all of a sudden start hunting threes. But he needs the confidence to pull when the big stays in drop vs him at the elbow or ATB. The good news is he's shot 3 3PA the last 2 games and all the shots have been great shots in rhythm when the big gives him space to shoot it. No hesitation. And several mid-range jumpers as well.
The threshold is what it takes to draw out the opposing big. Shooting 1 a game won’t do it in terms of him being considered a threat to pull you out of the drop.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He shoots so few times it's basically 50/50 if he's even going to score, but I thought this game illustrated how impactful Keons ability to draw and kick is. That's what Brown has had him doing and while he's not scoring a lot, he's collapsing the defense down low and dragging defenders away from the perimeter. He racks up the hockey assists since he starts a lot of swing action off the drive.
He's got to take wide open shots. He had an open 12 footer and turned it down, which is ridiculous. If you add him to Murray I can see why Brown might go nuts if these guys continue to turn down wide open shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.