Defensive Big Man Choices

[Netze="Larry89, post: 1131589, member: 2094"]Whats wrong with having Jason Thompson?[/quote]

Nothing besides the point, that he is one of the weaker starting PF's in the league and looking for an upgrade or a player that covers Jt's weaknesses, so you can mix up the rotation depending on matchups, makes a lot of sense.
Perfect szenario would be to keep Jt for his 1vs1 post D and to add a stretch 4 or a good, mobile help defender.

Raduljica most likely signs with the Wolves for the remainder of the season. Those are the things I don't understand. Our roster has glaring needs and one of them is another big man, who can back up DMC and has the size to defend the interior. Evans and Landry seems to be a terrible pairing on the defensive end. Hollins didn't get the job done.
But our FO doesn't execute any trades yet and doesn't seem to be thinking outside the box, by picking up international players.
I'm growing impatient - the Coaching Situation is only one side of the medal. More important is to fix our roster as soon as possible, so that we can establish some real chemistry around a core of players.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
I'm watching the Jazz/Clippers and Rudy Gobert is really starting to develop as a rebounder and rim protector. Maybe Utah would take McLemore for him, since they also have Kanter and Favors and could use help at SG... although Gobert doesn't fit into NBA 3.0 so I guess it will never happen.

K

KingMilz

Can we PLEASE trade for John Henson the kid has blocked 12 shots in 3 games since coming back and has not played over 22 mins in any of them, he's talented and has added a little bit of weight if there ever was a guy to pair next to Cousins it's John.

He's also got nice touch and imo has the ability to learn post moves and be a solid post player unlike guys like Ed Davis.

Can we PLEASE trade for John Henson the kid has blocked 12 shots in 3 games since coming back and has not played over 22 mins in any of them, he's talented and has added a little bit of weight if there ever was a guy to pair next to Cousins it's John.

He's also got nice touch and imo has the ability to learn post moves and be a solid post player unlike guys like Ed Davis.
I like Henson ... would be nice to pick him up. Also, Hassan Whiteside getting some good run with the Heat.

Who would we trade for him? He's Milwaukee's "Larry Sanders is crazy" insurance as a defensive big man. Landry would seem to fit as a major post threat, something they are missing, but Henson has youth and value on his side.

Why not? Gobert isn't going to spend time playing with Cousins, he would be the inside presence for the bench where he is at much less risk of getting pushed around physically. For defense, closing out possessions, and finishing inside, he is a good bargain fit. I get the sense, though, that Utah sees him as part of their core going forward.

Who would we trade for him? He's Milwaukee's "Larry Sanders is crazy" insurance as a defensive big man. Landry would seem to fit as a major post threat, something they are missing, but Henson has youth and value on his side.

Why not? Gobert isn't going to spend time playing with Cousins, he would be the inside presence for the bench where he is at much less risk of getting pushed around physically. For defense, closing out possessions, and finishing inside, he is a good bargain fit. I get the sense, though, that Utah sees him as part of their core going forward.
Trading Ben for anything less than a star is will set the franchise back.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Trading Ben for anything less than a star is will set the franchise back.
I am not taking credit for anything but as one of many who saw the potential in Ben, I must say I am surprised he improved so quickly. Do we dare give Malone some credit? :eek: What is exciting for me is that he really has no plays written for him and can improve in many areas. I sure wouldn't trade him.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/01/knicks-samuel-dalembert.html

Looks like our old friend might be available via trade or even on the waiver wire soon. Worth a look? He doesn't seem to have all that much left (if you can't get time on the Knicks, you must be pretty bad), but Cousins used to like him from what I recall. If we have to pick between him and Evans for "back up centers that Cousins gets along with," I'd take his size over Evans.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/01/knicks-samuel-dalembert.html

Looks like our old friend might be available via trade or even on the waiver wire soon. Worth a look? He doesn't seem to have all that much left (if you can't get time on the Knicks, you must be pretty bad), but Cousins used to like him from what I recall. If we have to pick between him and Evans for "back up centers that Cousins gets along with," I'd take his size over Evans.
Minimum vet wage and I'd take him. He got along fairly well with a very immature Cuz a few years ago.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Knicks aren't going to be able to field a team at this rate. :p

Dalembert would be a gift, but frankly I have had the exact opposite concern about Daly -- after he left there seemed to be some feeling he did not want to come back, and in addition some ex King later that season had some unflattering things to say about Cuz. Seemed likely Beno or Sam were the culprits. And Sam seemed more the type.

Anyway, he doesn't have much left, but still more than anybody else we call a backup center. He could help a little.

Instead of Dalembert, I think it's time to call the Bucks for Larry Sanders.
I just dropped the guy in my Fantasy League and this is probably the cheapest point that he can be had.

I just dropped the guy in my Fantasy League and this is probably the cheapest point that he can be had.
With what? He isn't a small deal or expiring. He has a ton of money and years left and there isn't much we could offer that wouldn't kill us cap wise if his current issues continued.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The dude who just told the Bucks he doesn't want to play basketball anymore?

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm watching the Jazz/Clippers and Rudy Gobert is really starting to develop as a rebounder and rim protector. Maybe Utah would take McLemore for him, since they also have Kanter and Favors and could use help at SG... although Gobert doesn't fit into NBA 3.0 so I guess it will never happen.
Kid has been getting a lot of good press lately. He's also 3rd lowest in fouls / defensive possession, and similarly #3 in blocks per foul (trailing only Anthony Davis and Pau Gasol in those categories).

I'm gonna make a point of catching some Jazz games to check him out.

Maybe a swap for Stauskas could be a starting point for discussion, but I would guess the Jazz would want more - which we can't really offer them.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It seems in every draft there is a big that drops and gets nabbed up and contributes...why can't the Kings get one of those type of big men? oh yeah...Pete loves drafting guards

J

jdbraver

It seems in every draft there is a big that drops and gets nabbed up and contributes...why can't the Kings get one of those type of big men? oh yeah...Pete loves drafting guards
DMC dropped below Wesley Johnson. I like our luck in that case.

[Netze="Larry89, post: 1131589, member: 2094"]Whats wrong with having Jason Thompson?
Nothing besides the point, that he is one of the weaker starting PF's in the league and looking for an upgrade or a player that covers Jt's weaknesses, so you can mix up the rotation depending on matchups, makes a lot of sense.
Perfect szenario would be to keep Jt for his 1vs1 post D and to add a stretch 4 or a good, mobile help defender.[/quote]

so who do you recommend

Kid has been getting a lot of good press lately. He's also 3rd lowest in fouls / defensive possession, and similarly #3 in blocks per foul (trailing only Anthony Davis and Pau Gasol in those categories).

I'm gonna make a point of catching some Jazz games to check him out.

Maybe a swap for Stauskas could be a starting point for discussion, but I would guess the Jazz would want more - which we can't really offer them.
They aren't going to trade him. My guess is Kanter will be a name shopped around a lot with the deadline coming up and they go to Gobert as their starting C for the rest of the year and the future. Gobert-Favors has some insane defensive potential and should be fun to watch.

They aren't going to trade him. My guess is Kanter will be a name shopped around a lot with the deadline coming up and they go to Gobert as their starting C for the rest of the year and the future. Gobert-Favors has some insane defensive potential and should be fun to watch.
What do you think of Kanter as a potential trade target?

He's a good midrange shooter:

http://purpleandblues.com/2015/01/1...m_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedCategory

And he apparently plays serviceable defense, which has been improving:

http://purpleandblues.com/2015/01/1...m_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedCategory

He seems like Utah's odd man out, and given his pending (restricted) FA, we might be able to go after him, although that could be a risky move and it might be better to try to get him in the off-season, since the extension deadline has already passed and it would be a disaster to end up losing him for nothing, or for less than we would give up to acquire him mid-season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
DMC dropped below Wesley Johnson. I like our luck in that case.
I'm not exactly talking about a franchise talent...I'm talking about those bigs tha drop in the late first round to second round that contribute to their teams. They are always there to be had...some take longer to develop however so unless the FO has the patience, it's moot.