Dame asks out

I wonder why Brooklyn, recon we have more to offer.
Also Dame is from Oakland, if that means anything to him. Just down the road for some home cookin.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don’t think Toronto would trade Barnes but

Dame
Dick
OG
Siakam
Poeltl

That’s a good 5.
It would honestly give Toronto the team a lot of Blazers fans were jizzing their pants over in a trade pick 3 scenario, and it would give Portland a squad in 3-5 years time with a Scoot-Sharpe-Barnes-Grant core and Koloko instantly the second best big after the players they let go.

oh also, on the F Dame front, now that Portland is a rebuilding squad, they could use Watford. Eubanks too.

soooo they spent 160 million on Grant and are looking for a star to help them win now? I hear Harden is available.
This is so dumb btw, to pursue a star level return instead of not just trying to get draft capitol and expirings n sensible things.. Portland has the inside track to the best tank next season if ya ask me.. They cant possibly keep their heads above water out in this western conference without Dame.. No single star will save them other than like Joel Embiid which isnt ever gonna happen.

The move is just go absolute full rebuild mode this season n then you look to ramp the rebuild up quickly after that.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This is so dumb btw, to pursue a star level return instead of not just trying to get draft capitol and expirings n sensible things.. Portland has the inside track to the best tank next season if ya ask me.. They cant possibly keep their heads above water out in this western conference without Dame.. No single star will save them other than like Joel Embiid which isnt ever gonna happen.

The move is just go absolute full rebuild mode this season n then you look to ramp the rebuild up quickly after that.
I think you can look at that like they want a star now vs. a star tomorrow package. I guess I assumed the latter, which is why I was thinking someone like Scottie Barnes level, a 2nd or 3rd year guy who might get the designated rookie extension a year or two from now and is on the Scoot/Sharpe timeline.

Obviously you need picks back too.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

The narrative with my peers up here is that Dame was loyal, team failed him, they owe him whatever he asks but Russillo and Trysta have it right. Team has nothing to gain by acquiescing to Dame and no matter how coy Dame is being (yesterday he opened a "what did I do wrong" dialogue) he went from just get me the pieces to demanding a trade to one destination.

Also maybe that destination has tampered.

The narrative with my peers up here is that Dame was loyal, team failed him, they owe him whatever he asks but Russillo and Trysta have it right. Team has nothing to gain by acquiescing to Dame and no matter how coy Dame is being (yesterday he opened a "what did I do wrong" dialogue) he went from just get me the pieces to demanding a trade to one destination.

I'm up here too, and as the days go on, I really don't think Lillard is going to like where he lands, which unless Miami REALLY steps up their offer, will not be Miami. End of the day, it's a business and they're not in business to give assets away.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

it may not make the news as official but I firmly believe that Jimmy and possibly Bam had a private word with him and persuasion, among many other considerations, is one weakness of the human psyche

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer

And Dame gave the franchise a nice little F U on the way out by getting his boy Grant paid. I'm buying the idea that Dame waited for his bud to get the $$$ and then was like oh yeah, by the way, lol.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
And Dame gave the franchise a nice little F U on the way out by getting his boy Grant paid. I'm buying the idea that Dame waited for his bud to get the $$$ and then was like oh yeah, by the way, lol.
there's a rumor he informed Cronin on Monday but I'm inclined to believe they wouldn't have paid Grant like that if they knew. And it seemed Dame was still recruiting Dray during this period, so likely Dame somehow thought he could lure FAs to Portland. They're a worse destination than we are historically. They poached Brian Grant from us in the 90s and their only other notable signing in FA like pretty much ever is Evan Turner.