Dame asks out

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm not sure Dame has fully embraced the heel turn yet. He's the face with a heel manager right now, confused why the fans are questioning him when he's been the guy for so long.

I'm not sure Dame has fully embraced the heel turn yet. He's the face with a heel manager right now, confused why the fans are questioning him when he's been the guy for so long.
Eh, I suspect that much like in pro-wrestling, there's not much overlap between the athlete's self-image and the public image.

On his final contract, the incentives for Dame to play his role simply changed.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Eh, I suspect that much like in pro-wrestling, there's not much overlap between the athlete's self-image and the public image.

On his final contract, the incentives for Dame to play his role simply changed.
The other day on twitter he asked why fans were mad at him and what he did wrong. I am not sure the selfless good guy Dame people thought they knew ever existed, but he sure had people believing it for 11 years.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Maybe the most big-boy thing I've seen Cronin say/do aside from drafting Scoot instead of making a bum trade that would have been a bandaid on a gangrene infected limb.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

yeah the thing about a Harden to the Clippers trade is that Harden is sorta bad now and is a free agent next summer while Dame is locked up for the next four years and coming off an all-NBA season. Also Clippers fans have been pretty chill about the trade (and Sixer fans seem ready to dump him) while Heat fans are complaining about potentially having to move Herro in a deal and Blazer fans are exclusively interested in a Gobert-level steal (not happening because there aren’t any teams left who can offer it)