WOJ: Sessions on Hornets radar

There is an outside possibility that the Hornets would include a pick of some sort to close the deal, since they are the Jordan team and they are still vying for the playoffs.

I would take Neal's expiring in a heartbeat.

Biyombo would be great, but don't see it happening.

Wowwww, they have no one on their roster who can help us basketball-wise. That said, I guess I would gladly take one of their expiring contracts for him.

Now that I think about it, maybe if they make Ray and Collison the only two PGs on the team, Corbin can't play either of them over Nik, which would help us basketball-wise, but knowing the coaching here, all those free SG minutes would go to Derrick Williams.

I guess it would be nice if we could get Cody Zeller.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That doesn't surprise me at all. Suggested it on another forum as soon as I heard Kemba was out. They know him. And they still want him! Odd huh?

That doesn't surprise me at all. Suggested it on another forum as soon as I heard Kemba was out. They know him. And they still want him! Odd huh?
To be fair, this is probably Sessions' worst season of his entire career. I have no idea what the cause is but he has never been this bad, even in his rookie year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sessions was actually a big part of why the Bobcats (now Hornets) were competitive early in the season until they traded him to the Bucks for Gary Neal (largely because their wing rotation at the time was a mess) and Neal is a Pop-system knows-his-role guy.

Neal's having a statistically awful year from behind the arc but for his career he's an ideal rotation guard on a big man-centric team but if the Hornets offer him (and hopefully a second round pick or two) in a swap for Sessions, I say yes in a heartbeat. Hell, at this point, I'd even take Biyombo off their hands and he's practically a waste of space.

But since this is PDA we're talking about, we're probably going to wind up with another small forward out of the deal (Jeff Taylor probably) because small forwards are to the Weasel as two guard/ small forward swingmen were to Geoff Petrie (for those of you who have forgotten, at one point in 2007, the Kings SG/SF depthchart once consisted of Ron Artest, Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia, John Salmons, Dahntay Jones, and Quincy Douby).

Sessions was actually a big part of why the Bobcats (now Hornets) were competitive early in the season until they traded him to the Bucks for Gary Neal (largely because their wing rotation at the time was a mess) and Neal is a Pop-system knows-his-role guy.

Neal's having a statistically awful year from behind the arc but for his career he's an ideal rotation guard on a big man-centric team but if the Hornets offer him (and hopefully a second round pick or two) in a swap for Sessions, I say yes in a heartbeat. Hell, at this point, I'd even take Biyombo off their hands and he's practically a waste of space.

But since this is PDA we're talking about, we're probably going to wind up with another small forward out of the deal (Jeff Taylor probably) because small forwards are to the Weasel as two guard/ small forward swingmen were to Geoff Petrie (for those of you who have forgotten, at one point in 2007, the Kings SG/SF depthchart once consisted of Ron Artest, Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia, John Salmons, Dahntay Jones, and Quincy Douby).
I'd take Biyombo in a heartbeat. His bball iq may never be even average but he's a more useful rim protector than anyone else on our team and he's only 22.

I don't have confidence in PDA to close any deal. Charlotte is apparently interested in Norris Cole as well. Who would you bet on? PDA or Riley?

I'm not getting my hopes up. If it happens, great.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
How desperate are they. I'll give them Sessions straight up for Noah Vonleh... Sorry, I don't want Biyombo. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing on the court. .

dude12

Hall of Famer
Double it up and expand the package..Sessions and ? To get Vonleh and an expiring. They are in the playoff hunt so they could use a Landry or DWill or Reggie Evans or Casspi although I want Casspi to stay. I'd even look at the Sessions and Stauskas package if we could get back pieces to help us..Vonleh and ?

Or just give them Sessions for a2nd rounder and be done

bajaden

Hall of Famer
But he has the athletic ability and is still pretty young.
This is his fourth year in the league, and he hasn't improved one bit since day one. He's an average rebounder, and average shotblocker. Offensively he has no game away from the basket. Basicly, he can dunk the ball and occasionally show a little hook shot. The first time I saw him up close and personal in summer league, he was as dumb as a rock on the floor. Had no idea where to be. Was constantly being yelled at by his teammates. His third year in summer league, same thing... Sorry, I just don't see him ever being a decent player.

Hey, for his sake, I hope I'm wrong...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Double it up and expand the package..Sessions and ? To get Vonleh and an expiring. They are in the playoff hunt so they could use a Landry or DWill or Reggie Evans or Casspi although I want Casspi to stay. I'd even look at the Sessions and Stauskas package if we could get back pieces to help us..Vonleh and ?

Or just give them Sessions for a2nd rounder and be done
I don't see them throwing Stauskas into a package to get Vonleh, when they could have just drafted Vonleh in the first place. GM's don't like to admit mistakes, and to be honest, I don't think they made a mistake. Vonleh is far more raw than Stauskas. You'd be going after him for the future, which around here is always tomorrow morning. The only way I would move Stauskas, who has value around the league despite what some might think on this forum, is to get a veteran player that could make some sort of impact on the team. To trade young talent for different young talent, is just re-arranging the deck chairs.

This is his fourth year in the league, and he hasn't improved one bit since day one. He's an average rebounder, and average shotblocker. Offensively he has no game away from the basket. Basicly, he can dunk the ball and occasionally show a little hook shot. The first time I saw him up close and personal in summer league, he was as dumb as a rock on the floor. Had no idea where to be. Was constantly being yelled at by his teammates. His third year in summer league, same thing... Sorry, I just don't see him ever being a There is a guy who poos in our bathroom and it literally smells like fire worksdecent player.

Not much disagreement but as I don't see much if a market for Ramon and names like Roberts or pargo tossed, if take a flyer on a defensive big.

This is his fourth year in the league, and he hasn't improved one bit since day one. He's an average rebounder, and average shotblocker. Offensively he has no game away from the basket. Basicly, he can dunk the ball and occasionally show a little hook shot. The first time I saw him up close and personal in summer league, he was as dumb as a rock on the floor. Had no idea where to be. Was constantly being yelled at by his teammates. His third year in summer league, same thing... Sorry, I just don't see him ever being a decent player.

......... and we didn't draft him!

Are you talking about Biyombo or Whiteside here?

Look, I'm not going to disagree too much on Biyombo, but I'd gladly take him for Sessions.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Are you talking about Biyombo or Whiteside here?

Look, I'm not going to disagree too much on Biyombo, but I'd gladly take him for Sessions.
Yes, but the impact on the Kings would still be negligible. I can't say I have been watching Biyombo as closely as my buddy from Dublin but what I have seen is a big, muscled and somewhat uncoordinated oaf. I will quickly shuffle off to Youtube but trading a guy who has been with the team all year and added very little actually makes less sense than acquiring someone with similar talent level and no time with the Kings. Let us remember more importantly that this is not ...THIS IS NOT .... a typical year for Sessions. His normal year is better.

Are you talking about Biyombo or Whiteside here? Look, I'm not going to disagree too much on Biyombo, but I'd gladly take him for Sessions.
That's the last thing we need. I'm out of the trading "deck chairs" mode right now. We need to improve the team. Useless for dumb just doesn't do it.

Again, I'm not Biyombo's biggest fan, but he's 22, and an above average rebounder and shot-blocker. Nothing offensively, but doesn't take what he can't make. There's still hope for him to turn into a defensive impact maker, even if it's off the bench.

I may be swayed by the fact that I want to turn off the game every time Sessions is in. He literally makes us worse when he's on the floor.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Again, I'm not Biyombo's biggest fan, but he's 22, and an above average rebounder and shot-blocker. Nothing offensively, but doesn't take what he can't make. There's still hope for him to turn into a defensive impact maker, even if it's off the bench.

I may be swayed by the fact that I want to turn off the game every time Sessions is in. He literally makes us worse when he's on the floor.
It took Whiteside many years so perhaps the same could be said of Biyombo.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
In all seriousness, Sessions IS a rotation player. As much as we bash him (and I am complicit in this), if he is wanted by another team, we should net value in return. A second rounder + a project; sure.

That, and I don't like potato chips. Or Doritos.

As has been mentioned already this is Sessions' worst season ever. He is on a very reasonable contract. I don't see any reason to trade him for nothing or even for a lateral talent at a different position. I would prefer to combine him with DWill and perhaps others and get a quality veteran who can start.