Willie Cauley-Stein is your newest Sacramento King

Was just taking a look at some of WCS videos and noticed that he plays defense like a DB in football. Thought that was interesting. His footwork is awesome. Just not traditional basketball in its entirety. It's obviously not a bad thing.

It really hasn't been a huge problem for him. It's something that can pop up from time to time but I don't think it's a big deal.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sickle-cell-anemia/basics/definition/con-20019348

Anemia. Sickle cells are fragile. They break apart easily and die, leaving you without a good supply of red blood cells. Red blood cells usually live for about 120 days before they die and need to be replaced. But sickle cells die after an average of less than 20 days. This results in a lasting shortage of red blood cells (anemia). Without enough red blood cells in circulation, your body can't get the oxygen it needs to feel energized. That's why anemia causes fatigue.

Let see how his body handles an NBA season.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sickle-cell-anemia/basics/definition/con-20019348

Anemia. Sickle cells are fragile. They break apart easily and die, leaving you without a good supply of red blood cells. Red blood cells usually live for about 120 days before they die and need to be replaced. But sickle cells die after an average of less than 20 days. This results in a lasting shortage of red blood cells (anemia). Without enough red blood cells in circulation, your body can't get the oxygen it needs to feel energized. That's why anemia causes fatigue.

He made it this far. He'll be aight.

I mean, he played four sports in high school, including track.

Happy with the pick. He was my choice for the pick. I've liked him for awhile. Athletic and agile, can move very well. Helps your defense and comes across as a smart guy. Will be a lob guy on offense to start, but his shooting stroke isn't so broken he can't put a jumper in there eventually.

that last one is very good. That big new tat on his neck is for a great cause. Good guy Trilly
I can honestly say I started avoiding any videos of WCS before the draft to keep myself from getting my hopes up. Now that we have him, I can finally jump on board. Can't wait to see the things he and Cuz do together

K

KingMilz

If he ever develops a jumper Jerry will call him Wet Willie, also this imo 100% mean Miller is coming back to throw lobs to him.

It really hasn't been a huge problem for him. It's something that can pop up from time to time but I don't think it's a big deal.
Sickle cell trait, a blood disorder which can affect endurance, was a factor in playing 25 minutes in Kentucky's victory over Boise State.

When asked about how he might have posted a triple-double if he played more minutes, Cauley-Stein said, "I was having a sickle cell problem. My chest starts to hurt."

Apparently, it's a recurring issue.

"Some days, just randomly, I've had real bad chest pain," he said. "I can't, like, breathe and my heart rate won't come down. I have to stop and wait for it to come down."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/11/2983379/kentuckys-cauley-stein-adding.html#storylink=cpy

Lets see what happens in a close game and everyone wonders why he's sitting on the bench.

We should not be worried about his health issues. The team doctors know 99.99% more about what's going on with his body than we do. Us taking him at 6 leads me to believe that the health concerns aren't concerns at all. So until we see a reason otherwise, I'm going to trust that our medical tests before the draft came gave good results for WCS to lead a long and productive career.

Gee it's too bad we don't have a medical staff who could have evaluated him before we picked him:rolleyes:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Vlade just said absolutely NO ONE in Kings organization knew until last second who HE was going to draft. Considered Mudiay but didn't know enough about him to feel comfortable. He knew Cauley-Stein after his workout, trusted a lot of people in Kentucky giving him feedback and no one can blame him (Vlade) for anything now into the future - it's all on him. Says he needs Coach Karl (and everyone) to trust him to do his job, get the chemistry right.
Why is nobody else bothered by this? He openly admitted he was underprepared and passed on a prospect a lot of people thought was a possible number 1 pick because of it. If Mudiay becomes an All Star, this decision may have just cost us a championship.

Why is nobody else bothered by this? He openly admitted he was underprepared and passed on a prospect a lot of people thought was a possible number 1 pick because of it. If Mudiay becomes an All Star, this decision may have just cost us a championship.
LOL Man! You're talking about championship when we haven't even scratched a playoff seed yet. WCS is damn good pick for the Kings.
I could name 10 other elite PG better than Mudiay that could join our team once we turn around become a consistent playoff team.
So hold your horses!

Maybe you thought he was a possible #1 pick but his realistic ceiling was #3, if certain picks played out a certain way, which they did, and the 76ers took ANOTHER center over Mudiay even when they need a PG.

It's laughable to say one pick would cost us the Championship.

Either way, you want us taking someone who refused to work out here?