What is it we fans want?

What do the fans want?

• Total voters
Its not specifically coach Malone I want back but everything we had under him.
- I want us to learn, embrace and espouse a system built around our half court strengths with a focus on defence
- I want a culture which is built on learning, accountability and striving to improve
- I want a coach that Demarcus can relate to. Someone young and upcoming who can be with us for a title run and beyond
- I want us to gain the respect of the league, ruffle a few feathers and announce ourselves
- I want the fans at Arco excited and loud, the belief back and the community united behind our team
I guess we had it all under Malone. What a damn shame.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Its not specifically coach Malone I want back but everything we had under him.
- I want us to learn, embrace and espouse a system built around our half court strengths with a focus on defence
- I want a culture which is built on learning, accountability and striving to improve
- I want a coach that Demarcus can relate to. Someone young and upcoming who can be with us for a title run and beyond
- I want us to gain the respect of the league, ruffle a few feathers and announce ourselves
- I want the fans at Arco excited and loud, the belief back and the community united behind our team
I guess we had it all under Malone. What a damn shame.
All your points are important. To me, however, the one that will bring the biggest dividends and make some of the others possible/probable is the culture one. Without accountability, there truly is no reason for anyone to do anything. Malone held them accountable, so that they wanted to learn and improve.

I’ve was a massive fan of the culture change we saw under Malone. We were on the cusp of espousing it, the team had gone through the storming and norming phases and were basically making it the fabric which defined them and the organisation, then tragedy hit. I’ll never understand how people in such positions of power can be so ignorant. This isn’t about Demarcus but if he walks in a few years I won’t blame him and I don’t think any of us can. He’ll look back fondly on his time here in Sac and think to himself that his days here really turned him into a man and dealing with the dysfunction and turmoil helped him succeed later in his career. I mean really, if you can put up with this organisation and they way its run your set.

I want our team to poo poo or get off the pot. Right now it seems like the Kings are just playing because they're scheduled for 82 games. The games don't matter. They're not building towards anything. They aren't forming an identity. Just a bunch of players who may or may not happen to win on a given night. When we have a coach and an organization with a system/gameplan that means we're building towards something. So I can take losses and I can take wins.

Right now a loss means we lost. Damn. A win means we get a lower lottery pick. Damn. A win doesn't mean we're playing more like a team. It doesn't mean we're figuring it out. It just means, we won tonight.

What I want is Breaking Bad. Where every episode builds to make me want to watch the next episode. Sure there will be episodes that aren't very good, but overall we know there's an end game that's very good.

What we had with Malone wasn't Breaking Bad I know, but more like the Jericho (for those that watched it). It was pretty slow. It was kind of boring. It wasn't the greatest show. But at least they were trying to build a plot. There was something there that lent itself to the previous episode and the overarching theme, and I tuned in because while it was super slow it felt like we might be on to something good. We might have had to down the road brought in a better writer to take it to the next level, but for now it was nice to watch. We don't really know how it would have ended because CBS was bored and wanted something new and hip.

You know what they replaced it with? KID NATION. I'll give you a brief summary:

Did anybody really think Kid Nation was going to do anything? Nope. Was it going to last more than a season? Probably not. And sure, I could maybe turn it on for an episode and MAYBE for an episode that show might be pretty good. Maybe little Timmy might step on a rake and hit himself in the nuts or something. But you can only watch a kid hit himself in the nuts so often. It's not a winning formula. Nothing that happened in any given episode would lead me to believe that the show is going to be good. Or that there's any direction to the show. It's just episode by episode. It wasn't a show I could tell someone "Yeah it's slow now but I think it's just starting to get good."

And it all left you wondering... Why couldn't you just see where Jericho was going? Even if they didn't like the show that much themselves surely they couldn't possibly believe that Kid Nation was going to be a worthwhile product to put out there. What's the point in canceling it if you are just going to replace it with garbage? At least Jericho was a show fans could get behind.

And that's where we're at now in my opinon. Kid Nation. Sure I'll get a chuckle every now and then but it just leaves you with an empty feeling. Nothing to write home about. Just hoping every now and then you can see a kid take a shot to the beans for a cheap laugh.
Too long didn't read: I want Breaking Bad, we were Jericho, and now we're Kid Nation
Perfectly described.

A competent GM who will hire/keep a decent coach and actually build a team around the best player we have. PDA isn't that guy so he needs to be fired. Vivek's NBA 3.0 is stupid and makes no sense. We plan to be known across the world without being good huh? The only way that happens is if we become a world wide laughingstock(although with PDA's decision making we're on track for that, maybe that's the NBA 3.0 plan). Vivek needs to hire a basketball guy(not an idiot number crunching analyst, this is basketball not stock market trading) and let that person do their job, not meddle in things where he has no idea what he's doing or talking about. I will always be a Kings fan but I'm not going to be happy as long as Corbin is the coach and Vivek is letting PDA make a bunch of idiotic decisions.

A competent GM who will hire/keep a decent coach and actually build a team around the best player we have. PDA isn't that guy so he needs to be fired. Vivek's NBA 3.0 is stupid and makes no sense. We plan to be known across the world without being good huh? The only way that happens is if we become a world wide laughingstock(although with PDA's decision making we're on track for that, maybe that's the NBA 3.0 plan). Vivek needs to hire a basketball guy(not an idiot number crunching analyst, this is basketball not stock market trading) and let that person do their job, not meddle in things where he has no idea what he's doing or talking about. I will always be a Kings fan but I'm not going to be happy as long as Corbin is the coach and Vivek is letting PDA make a bunch of idiotic decisions.
Thk y! Pls cntn t gnr th mn bhdn th crtn. Ll glry t vvk!!! Ll glry t jzz bsktbll!!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Forbes just published article on NBA Best Fans and the top 10 are all winning teams. Hmmmm. Wonder what it will take for the FO to understand that winning solves many if not all ills. Also the Kings are the quietest team amongst sports media. Wonder why that is?

Some trades. I am in favor of tanking right now. I wasn't after Malone was fired, because I thought a George Karl team might be able to push for the playoffs. I flipped toward tanking right after the PDA radio appearance. The problem being that this team has too much talent to tank reliably because we have to get the 7th worst record or lower as insurance against the lottery.

George Karly says he still want to coach

He thought that opportunity may have arrived last month.

When the Sacramento Kings fired Michael Malone on Dec. 15 and almost immediately began talking about a desire to inject life into their offense, Karl's name rose to the surface. Not only has he long been known as an innovative offensive mind, but his deep ties to some of the more-influential members of the Kings' management group made it seem all the more likely that he would get the job. Or so it seemed.

With fans calling for Karl's hiring on social media, local talk radio and even within the team's arena, the Kings opted to promote lead assistant/former Utah Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin and plan to reassess the situation this summer. Yet still, Karl's Kings connections — which range from his more-recent Denver Nuggets days with Sacramento general manager Pete D'Alessandro, assistant general manager Mike Bratz and director of player personnel Dean Oliver to his tumultuous time spent 30 years ago coaching Kings advisor Chris Mullin while with the Golden State Warriors to ties with the representatives of the centerpiece player DeMarcus Cousins — will remain relevant once that time comes.

"There's obviously been communication. But have they ever talked to me about being the head coach? We've talked around it, but we've probably never talked about that situation. Do I feel I'm on their list? Yes, but I think they made it very clear when they made the decision to give Corbin the opportunity to coach that that was what they were going to do.

Even Karl admits he's not sure how to read all the tea leaves when it comes to all those prior relationships and how they affect his chances at the Kings job, but he's still hopeful that Sacramento might be the next coaching stop. As for the Kings' plans, a person with knowledge of their situation told USA TODAY Sports that – barring an unexpected playoff push by Corbin — Karl is likely to be among the candidates who receive consideration this summer. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the coaching search process.
Brutal...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/01/21/george-karl-still-wants-to-coach/22119067/