What is DMC's trade value?

I would trade DMC for...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty simple. DMC, whether you love him or hate him, has value to his name. The Question is simple which one of these stars would you trade DMC for? Pick as many as you like.

Note: I'm not taking salaries in consideration so figure there would be some loose change involved.

Sad thing is, none of the other opposing teams would trade their player for Cousins except for Durant because he's expiring and may not sign back, or 31yearold Gasol.

Sad thing is, none of the other opposing teams would trade their player for Cousins except for Durant because he's expiring and may not sign back, or 31yearold Gasol.
And the same is true in reverse, as the Kings wouldn't trade Boogie for most the players on that list. LBJ, Curry, and Durant. Possibly Davis too. But that would be it.

Curry and I voted Leonard too, but that was more like a consider mention. If Durant's/Lebron's contract had more length then I would have voted for them.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
  1. LEBRON JAMES -- No, age decline started
  2. KEVIN DURANT -- Possible, want physical to make sure injury is not chronic
  3. ANTHONY DAVIS -- Possible, Prefer Boogie
  4. STEPHEN CURRY -- yes, although may have short window
  5. JAMES HARDEN -- no, no better, no defense
  6. CHRIS PAUL -- no, age
  7. RUSSELL WESTBROOK -- possible, but real concern about how game will age
  8. BLAKE GRIFFIN -- no, not as good, game may not age
  9. KAWHI LEONARD -- no, not franhcise player
  10. MARC GASOL -- haha. Seriously. HAHAHAHA (should have gone with Paul George)

kind of surprised (not really because i notice a lot of lebron hate on this board) that lebron isn't leading. he is one of the few if not the only that has a history of taking a team of scrubs/avg players to the finals. not just the playoffs, not the conference finals, but to actually play for a championship. yeah curry and durant might be able to but we don't know cuz they had klay/draymond and westbrook/ibaka. but imo kk/rudy/lebron/ben/rondo>>>ilgauskas/gooden/lebron/pavlovic/hughes. he's older now but still able to take this team from where we are now to at least top 4 in the west.

kind of surprised (not really because i notice a lot of lebron hate on this board) that lebron isn't leading. he is one of the few if not the only that has a history of taking a team of scrubs/avg players to the finals. not just the playoffs, not the conference finals, but to actually play for a championship. yeah curry and durant might be able to but we don't know cuz they had klay/draymond and westbrook/ibaka. but imo kk/rudy/lebron/ben/rondo>>>ilgauskas/gooden/lebron/pavlovic/hughes. he's older now but still able to take this team from where we are now to at least top 4 in the west.
I'd want a full three years with Lebron all guaranteed.

Bricklayer

LeBron is old. That's the issue. You have no window there. He's already got 962 games on those legs, and 178 more playoff games. He showed last year he could not do it alone even now, and in 3 years time you are going to be looking at old Dr. J type numbers. 22, not 27pts. You'd still need a young star to pair with him, only now your future would be capped. Meanwhile Boogie would be 28 and in his prime.

LeBron is old. That's the issue. You have no window there. He's already got 962 games on those legs, and 178 more playoff games. He showed last year he could not do it alone even now, and in 3 years time you are going to be looking at old Dr. J type numbers. 22, not 27pts. You'd still need a young star to pair with him, only now your future would be capped. Meanwhile Boogie would be 28 and in his prime.
That's the "safe" analysis. I see Lebron having a lengthy career though and becoming a less ball dominant pf as he ages. I won't be surprised if he plays till roughly 40.

I'd want a full three years with Lebron all guaranteed.
im assuming all things equal. since OP left out contract details I'm assuming he meant the players would play the same amount of years here.

assuming the team stays the same, do you honestly think cousins would take us further (more wins, playoffs etc) than lebron would next year and the following year. i love cousins on this team and i never argue you on your HOF type player you proclaim him to be, but i've been watching the same team you have these years and numbers don't lie, we haven't been near .500 in years let alone >30 wins. I honestly think lebron can change that by himself. Can cousins do that with better players or a better coach? yeah, but i assume OP meant we are trading straight across. so with the team currently constructed under karl, lebron is one of the few if any that i can say i would trade cousins for. he would immediately take us to the top of the west and will also attract free agents to come along for the ride.

Bricklayer

im assuming all things equal. since OP left out contract details I'm assuming he meant the players would play the same amount of years here.

assuming the team stays the same, do you honestly think cousins would take us further (more wins, playoffs etc) than lebron would next year and the following year. i love cousins on this team and i never argue you on your HOF type player you proclaim him to be, but i've been watching the same team you have these years and numbers don't lie, we haven't been near .500 in years let alone >30 wins. I honestly think lebron can change that by himself. Can cousins do that with better players or a better coach? yeah, but i assume OP meant we are trading straight across. so with the team currently constructed under karl, lebron is one of the few if any that i can say i would trade cousins for. he would immediately take us to the top of the west and will also attract free agents to come along for the ride.
I am assuming neither guy gets us home in the next couple of years, so I want the guy who can keep the door open for longer. Cuz should have another 6-8 years of dominant/near dominant play. Bron may not have 3-4.

People underestimate just how serious the wear and tear issue is with him, at least him as Top 10 player/get you a title guy. He's already 46th all time in minutes played. By next season, if he stays healthy, he'll be int he Top 30. That's not even counting all the playoff work. Two seasons from now he'll be 33 and in the Top 20 all time in minutes, right up around where Paul Pierce sits right now. As with Kobe, when you start approaching those kinds of numbers, the big injuries can happen at any time. Probably why the Cavs are so desperate to win with him now too. There isn't much tomorrow.

Only wouldn't trade him for Harden (because I can't stand him) and Marc Gasol (who's clearly not a better player). Anthony Davis is a wash, depends what sort of team you're trying to build. All the rest are better IMO. Even if not by themselves, they would attract a lot more players to come to SAC and provide winning more instantly. That in itself can be a building block for the future. Kawhi might not seem to be that great a player but I bet if you asked Pop whether he'd like to trade Kawhi for Cousins he'd laugh you out of the gym.

Only wouldn't trade him for Harden (because I can't stand him) and Marc Gasol (who's clearly not a better player). Anthony Davis is a wash, depends what sort of team you're trying to build. All the rest are better IMO. Even if not by themselves, they would attract a lot more players to come to SAC and provide winning more instantly. That in itself can be a building block for the future. Kawhi might not seem to be that great a player but I bet if you asked Pop whether he'd like to trade Kawhi for Cousins he'd laugh you out of the gym.
I think the Spurs trade Leonard for Boogie all day every day.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
That's the "safe" analysis. I see Lebron having a lengthy career though and becoming a less ball dominant pf as he ages. I won't be surprised if he plays till roughly 40.
Several years ago I started a thread about player longevity, and in the process of my research, I discovered that very few players make it to a thousand games. As Bricky pointed out, Lebron has played in 962 games, so he reaching the breakdown area. I pointed out a few years ago that Kobe had reached that area, and he's been plagued by one injury after the other since. Kobe is actually an exception having played in over 1300 games. Lebron, like Kobe takes very good care of his body, so he definitely has a couple or more good years left in him, but trust me, the injuries will start. Father time will not be denied.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Several years ago I started a thread about player longevity, and in the process of my research, I discovered that very few players make it to a thousand games. As Bricky pointed out, Lebron has played in 962 games, so he reaching the breakdown area. I pointed out a few years ago that Kobe had reached that area, and he's been plagued by one injury after the other since. Kobe is actually an exception having played in over 1300 games. Lebron, like Kobe takes very good care of his body, so he definitely has a couple or more good years left in him, but trust me, the injuries will start. Father time will not be denied.
Yep. While Lebron is a freak of nature, durable NBA stars capable of playing into their late thirties like Kareem or the Mailman are even fewer and farther between, especially considering the physical beating Lebron's taken over the years.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Or even Jimmy Butler. I'm actually surprised nobody has brought up Andre Drummond or Karl Anthony-Towns either.
KAT I'd have to think about seeing as he's essentially poised to be Boogie 2.0 with extra rim protectorship built in. Drummond? No.

Butler's developed into a great player but he's a number two/three star being asked to play like a number one because Derrick Rose's career was completely derailed by injuries.

I'd think about Towns, but no way to Drummond either -- just more surprised that nobody mentioned him at all.

Jimmy Butler is a really, really good two way player that I think is going to get even better. But, yeah, I wouldn't make that move either. It's pretty much the 3 -4 names I first mentioned and maybe Towns. Very short list.

there isnt a player in this league that id trade demarcus for.

It would have to be an immense package to even consider it. Boogie still has a way to go - the upside is ridiculous and we need to harness that. Look within, sort our rubbish out and really put our best foot forward in dedicating ourselves to winning as a franchise from the top down.

On a purely physical level, I would only trade for Lebron or KD. But the thing is, DMC is a tough case because of the emotional side of him. None of the other players listed have a long history of emotional meltdowns like boogie. Therefore I might trade him for any of the players listed with the exception of Gasol. I would need Gasol plus a bit more. Come to think of it, I probably would not do it for Paul either. I'm not a big fan of of older pgs.

I am simply weary of how boogie would handle pressure filled playoff situations. He has had many emotional issues already yet has never played in any really big games. I don't want this as a big risk in the centerpiece of the team.

I can respect the decision to go forward with him and his emotional risks, but it just foolish to pretend that they do not exist or represent a significant issue or risk. It is also a denial to pretend his emotional meltdowns are the product of playing for a dysfunctional franchise. These issues and risks were well documented before draft day and the reason some teams passed despite his elite skills.

Last edited:
James, curry, durant, davis, and possibly leonard and westbrook will draw stars in.

None of those guys would have any interest coming here in the first place, but if they did, you know they will attract others.

Cuz will be flying solo until they start winning, unless they can draft and develop a stud.

Durant... Well you only get a half season so doesn't make much sense at this point.

Curry... Of course

Harden... Definitely for me. Primary ball handler who's teams generally win a good amount of games

Leonard... Yeah I'll take that. Lose a lot of scoring but gain so much perimeter d. Plus attitude is night and day.

Davis... For sure. Similar impact on the game at this point in time but a little younger with a way better attitude.

I like dmc, was on this site advocating for us to draft him after his first few games in college. But I like a lot of other players too and trading demarcus for any one of these guys wouldn't break my heart.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If I'm trading Cuz, then I want a lot of talent coming back. As much as I get frustrated with his emotional outbreaks, he's the best big man in the world right now. It's possible that Towns will challenge him down the road, but were living in the now. I doubt that most of the players I'd think about trading him for would be available. Or, if they are, it's because they're on an expiring contract. For instance Durant may be available, but there's no guarantee he would resign with us after this season. That's a risk you can't take.

The only other option would be to receive an enormous package in return. A couple of very good players and a boatload of draft picks. I can't really comment on that one without knowing who the players might be. My guess is that Cuz is going nowhere. I don't see it happening, but I guess you never know. I know I'm not trading Cousins because he upsets me now and then. I'd have to believe that the trade would make the team better. That's a pretty high bar.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
James, curry, durant, davis, and possibly leonard and westbrook will draw stars in...
Because stars are falling all over themselves to get to Cleveland, Oklahoma City and New Orleans right now, right?

Anyway, the reason I bumped this thread is because of the conversation currently going on about Cousins' defense in #KingsRap. That conversation reminded me of the one we were having a week or so ago, where Cousins' fans were making the case that he's such a good player that you have to accept him, warts and all. Some Kings Fans, on the other hand, seem to feel as though Cousins' attitude is such a net negative that you would be better off taking back lesser talent, just to be rid of him...

... So, what I want to know is... how much lesser are we talking about? Let's say, for example, that Cousins' NBA 2K rating is 88 right now: what is the lowest player rating that you would take back in a trade for Cousins? Only another 88 or above? Two 80s? Three 75s? What's the number?

An interesting exercise. I would trade for about a third of those guys. Selling DMC would be difficult with a lot of teams because of his perceived emotional issues.